Number 89

My Werewolf Girl [English]
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Somewhere in the forest-

Two months have passed since the escape of the experiment N° 89 (a.k.a. Tiffany) from the laboratory and Dr. Hwang’s men had already searched for her in the forest without any result, they even ask to the local farmers if any 'animal' had recently attacked their cattle or if they had seen some strange things, but no one had seen anything.

The men were convinced that the experiment N° 89 or 'the girl' as they simply call her, would not dare to get near to the village; that like a wild animal she would try to keep herself as far away as possible from the village. Besides it was not like it they could go to the police for help to find a missing girl but they tried to stay alert on police reports from attacks to cattle or people.

 

"S-sir" stutter a burly man in his 30's, only to be abruptly interrupted by the husky voice of his boss. 

"She still does not appear?" asked Dr. Hwang sitting behind his desk without lifting his gaze from the documents.

"N-no sir" replied fearful because he was severely beaten when she escaped.

"How is it possible that you still don’t find her?" Dr. Hwang was obviously angry and lifted his gaze from the documents toward the man in front of him.

"Sir perhaps she is dead" another man also in his 30's but less burly dare to say "some animal could attacked her and eat her already" he added.

Dr. Hwang burst of laughter "hahahaha… Do you really think that some animal in this forest could gain against her?" *sarcastic* it wasn’t a question because the three men in the room knew that the only large animals in that forest were bears and lynxes; of which the girl could easily escape from the first and defeat the second.

"Sir, she could be weak due to lack of food" *nervous*

"Or she also might have fallen by the mountain" added the other man.

*PANG* Dr Hwang hit the desk with his hands as he rose. "Stop talking nonsense and better search for her again" he shout annoyed "she must be somewhere, is not possible she disappear so easily" he sat "now, get out of here"

"Yes sir" the two men rushed out bumping with another man in lab coat.

"Doctor, the experiment N° 93 failed" says bluntly his assistant as he went inside.

"How long it did last this time?"

"Only three months before suffered a heart attack and die"

*breathe out* "you can leave" his assistant nodded and left.

There are many reasons with Dr. Hwang cannot simply allow his experiment N° 89 (Tiffany) disappear. The first was that although she is not entirely what he wanted to achieve, so far she is the only individual with modified DNA (a combination between human and wolf) that has managed to survive, losing her would cost years of his research without mentioning the fortune he invested. Secondly if someone else found her first he risked of being stopped before achieving his goal and finally because in his opinion the girl is extremely dangerous; what was logical because the reason of her creation is to be a weapon, a soldier. But there was also another reason that he would never admit to anyone or himself.

 

JESSICA POV

-Back in Seoul-

The next morning I woke up not by the sensation of weight on my lap as it was usual but by the lack of warmth that has accompanied my sleep during these two months. With my eyes still closed I ran the hand over the other side of the bed *frowning* but when I didn’t feel anything in it I lean on my elbows and with half-open eyes searched around the room *yawn* but she was nowhere, 'Where's she?' I was still half-asleep because last night I couldn't sleep much thinking about everything that happened.

I sat on the bed waiting until my eyes got used to the light, I look again around the room but not seeing her and hear no noise I got scared, I feared for a moment that she had gone so I quickly rose to search for her. As soon as I reaches the stairs I saw her standing in front of the large window *sigh in relief*, rather than contemplating the view of the city she seemed immersed in her own thoughts because she had her eyes fixed in the distance. 'I wonder what you're thinking, Are you thinking about yesterday?'. I still can't believe in all this, is so unreal, 'what should I do? 

"Jessi" her husky voice snapped me out my thoughts.

"Oh! Tiffany, good morning" I smile.

 

When we were eating breakfast and when I was doing my normal morning routine she was rarely quiet. Even when I said goodbye to go to the studio she didn’t make any effort to follow me, when she no

Please log in to read the full chapter