Just When I Thought

It Was Out Of The Blue

                It has been three weeks. I guess my crush had fluctuated down. I avoided thinking about it and tried to focus more on work. It seems that I was busier with Siwon-hyung too. I got overwhelmed that he invited me to spend a day with him at our rest day, last weekend. We watched a movie, and then had a dinner. No it wasn’t a date, though I kind of hope it was.

                Lately I was busy chatting with Sulli and Victoria of f(x) physically and through the internet. They knew my orientation. We kind of exchange our notes about our infatuations. Well, it’s kinda’ girl thing but they really helped me a lot. I told them about my crush on Sungmin, Siwon and Heechul. I didn’t tell them about Leeteuk, since I was still confused? Ahh...why is this feelings had to be so confusing? Why was I still considering that he might not be my crush, when it is pretty obvious that I can become so smitten about him? I didn’t tell them. Then that does mean that it’s a big deal because I am shy about it? But well both Sulli and Victoria were excited about Siwon and me, so it kind of given me hopes.

What I didn’t know, later that week, that I would be in a scandalous situation, because of my closeness with the girls.

Some showbiz headlines read: “Kyuhyun of Super Junior, Hitting Two Birds with One Stone” or “Kyuhyun Hitting on Girls Subtly”

Actually, I did not care, nor Sulli and Victoria. We try to neglect the issue but it was becoming a reason for bad image. It was a bad publicity.

Three days after the scandal has come out, I found myself sitting across Leeteuk at the dining room.

“Kyu, what have you done?”

“Hyung, those articles are nothing but fake.”

“Well this news has been coming out and it affects your career, the girls’ careers.”

“I know. But as I told you hyung, it’s not true. Why won’t you believe me?” I said bitterly.

“I’m not saying that I don’t believe you, my point is, you should be careful. I mean the media can make stories for their own gratification” He was quite nagging but there was a concern in his voice.

“Yeah.” But I still sound like complaining. It’s just annoying, he’s one of the reasons why I spent time chatting with girls and yet I was nagged. Not his fault though, but I felt strangely stingy.

Though it seemed that I was disrespectful, he didn’t say a thing.

“Can I leave now?” I asked.

“Yes you may.”

Teukie-hyung got an interview that night at a radio program. Though I really felt fretful, I still decided to listen. As always, he always impressed me of how he talks. His answers were witty and precise. It made me feel very proud.

He was asked suddenly about a girlfriend.

“I don’t have a girlfriend now,” he giggled “but I am openly dating.”

I pouted bitterly, “yeah right” I told myself.

Then, I heard my name out of the blue, so I listened now more intensely.

He was asked about the scandal I am in.

“Kyuhyun is close to those girls and you can ask them for verification. Kyuhyun is a decent guy; he wouldn’t do what was accused of him. I know he stayed silent because he didn’t want the issue to become bigger. His silence never meant confirmation nor guilt.”

“You seem to really have strong faith in Kyuhyun. Did you ask him about it?”

“We talked about it. I mean He said it’s not true, so I believe him. We’ve been together for years, and I know him. He’s not like that.”

I was completely elated with Teukie hyung’s words.

I was waiting for him at the living room, after his broadcast. There was a dim light so when he arrived he didn’t notice my presence right away. I stood.

“Hyung.” I said, it was almost a whisper.

“Kyu?”

“yes, it’s me”

“It’s late, why are you still awake?”

“Uhmm..Hyung, i’m sorry about what happened earlier...I really was not...”

 Before I could finish he interrupted, I thought he was becoming angry, but he said in a very calm tone

“No, it’s okay, I guess I should be saying sorry too, it’s not your fault that the media has malicious misinterpretations of your closeness to the girls. I should’ve not nagged you.”

“No... I was a bit of impolite and disrespectful too, so I really am sorry.”

“It’s okay. We’re both sorry, so let it go okay?” Now he smiled, though he was weary.

“And hyung...thank you for those kind words you said at the radio earlier.” I said sheepishly.

“No biggie.” He walked towards me and tapped my head “Now, can we sleep maknae?”

I smiled. “Yes Hyung”

“Good Night Kyu.” Then he went to his room.

“Good night hyung.” I mumbled to myself. There I felt those butterflies in my stomach again. It seems like their out of control. If only, I can tell them to behave.

 

Since someone has subscribed and commented, I decided to publish the second chapter. I hope you'll like this. :) 

Thanks. :)