Still An Enigma

It Was Out Of The Blue

 

I seem to have been addicted to giving Teukie-hyung gifts. Within the days left in the week, I had given him two more surprises. He always had shown appreciation with the gifts.  The first took place the day after the sending of the basket of roses. We just came in from a rehearsal that time, and the package waited at the doorstep. It was placed in a box, with a simple ribbon on it. Before everyone entered the dorm, they had noticed the box lying there.

“Hyung, it’s for you again.” Yesung directed it to Leeteuk-hyung.

“Oh.” He grabbed the box, and instructed everyone to go inside.

We were all in the living room, everyone trying to attend to their own stuff. Ryeowook, went to the kitchen to make a snack, Eunhyuk and Donghae collapsed side by side at the sofa. Siwon, Heechul and Shindong did the same. Yesung entered to their room. Kangin and Sungmin stood in front of the TV, while Sungmin held the remote, changing from channel to channel to see what suited their taste. I stood, near them, pretending that I was interested with the TV, as Sunmin flips the channel, where in fact in the corner of my eye, I was observing Leeteuk.

He stood there. And he spoke “I will just be in my room, we’ll talk later about our schedules and other matters.”

The others nodded. Eunhyuk broke his silence, “Hyung, why don’t you open that package first?”

Leeteuk looked at the box he was holding.

“Maybe I’ll open it at the room?”

“Why not open it here?”

“Why should I?”

“It’s better if you open it here, so no matter what it contains, you’ll have a back up.” Eunhyuk reasoned.

“I know you’re just curious what this is.” Leeteuk said.

“We are interested!” Donghae supported.

Leeteuk sighed “Okay, I’ll open it then.”

He took a stool, sitting in front of the sofa, while everyone else in the room surrounded him, including me.

He removed the ribbon and the cover of the box. There, he saw what was enclosed to it.

Leeteuk took the white scarf, which I bought for him and took the card. He read it silently.

 “Why does this person make me feel this way?” Leeteuk murmured to himself, but I heard him, we heard him.

“How are you feeling hyung?” Siwon chuckled

Heechul, took the card, impatiently. He read it out loud.

                             “Leeteuk, I don’t know why, but when I saw this scarf, I could instantly imagine it with you. I know it would suit you. As always, I know you try to show us you aren’t weary, but the case is you often are. Cover yourself, when you’re cold. Soothe yourself when you’re exhausted. Anyway, I know you dongsaengs will always be there right beside you. With them I shall too.”

Your Secret Admirer

 

“You know, your stalker is getting cheesier. I wonder what’s next.” Heechul commented right after he read the message.

“Hey, I’m not a stalker.” I thought to myself. I was cheesy. But I’m not a stalker. Aren’t I?

“Well, I really don’t know if this feeling is right, but these gifts make me smile. Somehow, it doesn’t feel creepy at all.” Leeteuk said, with an apparent smile on his face.

“Well maybe it’s from a good person.” Siwon said

“But aren’t you getting suspicious about it? How come it’s easily sent here? How come that person can easily access us?” Heechul commented.

“You make it sound that it came from someone among us hyung.” Eunhyuk said.

I felt a sudden chill in my body; I wasn’t ready to get figured out yet. Not now.

“Well my theory is—one of you is helping that stalker out.” He smiled proudly with his brilliant idea.

“Yeh, maybe one of us helps that girl trainee to access Hyung.” Sungmin added, seemingly having conviction with saying the ‘girl trainees’.

“I couldn’t disagree; I guess that she can’t have enough guts to send a gift again if there’s no one who’s reporting to her that Hyung’s reaction to her first gift was okay.” Shindong added

“So who’s the accomplice?” Siwon asked

No one answered.

“Okay, enough with this, I really don’t want to think about it now.” Leeteuk said, and added “I’ll be going to my room now.”

I internally sighed in relief. They hadn’t figured out. But its close enough, I guess it wouldn’t be long enough until they find out. But I guess it’s enough time to prepare myself and do the necessary actions.

 

I want to post atleast 2 or 3 updates over the weekend. Since I was able to write more chapters than I thought. What can you say about the update? I hope it's okay. :)