This Could Be The Start

It Was Out Of The Blue

CHAPTER 22

This Could Be the Start

My heart fluttered. It had wings and it flew miles and miles away. It wasn’t the most romantic place. It wasn’t the most romantic time of he day. It wasn’t even a romantic situation, given that we just got up and all… But for me, it was the greatest, most wonderful first kiss ever written by the stars.

I was smiling while playing a computer game. I was apparently losing in this strategy game that I actually reign in. But it didn’t matter, my win is in the reality. I won. I won.

Leeteuk was at work. We didn’t actually agree on anything yet, but I hope it is the start.

“What happened to you and Jungsu earlier?” Heechul asked laughing at my defeat.

“We just talked.”

“About what?”

“Work.”

“Liar! I saw you two doing that cliché onscreen kiss!”

Kangin who was also at the room started laughing.

“Hey sneaky spy. And what do you mean by cliché onscreen kiss?” I asked.

“That kiss you see on tv in a romantic drama or movie, so sweet, so timid.” He laughed. “How about doing a sloppy, y kiss?” He added.

“It was perfect that way.” I said.

“I was right all along, aren’t I?”

“Right about what?” I asked.

“That Jungsu likes you too.” Heechul said with pride.

“Our plan did work.” Kangin said delighted.

“What plan?” I asked.

“Making Leeteuk jealous. We didn’t consult you anymore because we know that you will not allow us. I acted as the y third party, and see how Jungsu reacted!”

“So those were all part of your plans eh? Even the night when Leeteuk brought the dvd?”

“Especially that one. I convinced him to get the dvd straight after work with Kangin here as my ally, he was the one who informed me about their arrival, so I could estimate whe he’d witness our kissing scene.”

“I’m speechless.”

“A thank you would be enough,”

“Thank you, but you know, Leeteuk-hyung, I mean Jungsu, hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s not actually sure if he likes me.”

“You know, he might be an expert in hiding his troubles to us. He might be good at faking emotions but one thing’s for sure, he’s way to amateur in the world of homouality, that’s why he’s acting like this. It’s new to him. He is not ready I guess, but I know with conviction, that he likes you as much as you like him. You should know because you’re way too experienced than him in these kinds of things.”

“I’m not an expert either. Besides, I am a newbie in love too.”

“Well before things gets to cheesy ‘round here, I’m advising you to take time first. Don’t rush maknae.”

---

Leeteuk and I tried to be casual as ever. I didn’t rush him on things. Maybe Heechul was right, Leeteuk might not be ready at these kinds of things.

I was just enjoying the secret glances we’re throwing at each other. I love how our eyes meet every time I’d catch him looking at me. I felt so ecstatic every time we can’t help but smile foolishly at each other like we’re high school sweethearts or something. There are times I’d catch myself smiling widely just because I am just so happy. It’s also undeniably crazy and at the same time embarrassing whenever I’d laugh uncontrollably loud at his corny jokes. One time I was assigned to wash the dishes and he just slipped in there helping me wash. We were so silent, but I knew our eyes were smiling and they were just sparkling saying nothing but conveying so much. As I dipped my hand on the water where the plates were, he also soaked his hand and held me.

“I am not sure of what I am feeling right now,” Leeteuk began, “all I now is that this makes me happy. I don’t want to rush into conclusions, all I want is what we have right now. I hope it’s okay with you.”

He need not to iterate it to me, I know he needs time, but hearing those words gave me assurance that one day there’ll be a conclusion.

I slowly unclasped our hands and said, “They might see us.”

And I said, “Hyung, I am happy with this too, let’s just enjoy what we have right now.”

I meant it. There may no commitments yet, but what we had at that moment was so much more than I’ve asked for. It was enough.

 

I have been busy lately so I wasn't able to update. Thank You a bunch to those who still bore with me.

I'll update as soon as I can. Please comment & subscribe. :)