The Unexpected Confidant

It Was Out Of The Blue

CHAPTER 19

The Unexpected Confidant

Kyuhyun’s P.O.V.

I cried a river last night. I knew I would have died from a broken heart syndrome.  My mouth taste bitter. My mouth was really dry. My eyes were also swollen. I also have a terrible headache it felt like it was about to crack.

                I refused to get up from my bed. Sungmin, Ryeowook and Siwon had already tried to convince me to eat and take the shower since I had a taping on radio star. Yesung was next person who gave up on appealing on me. When he left, I started crying again. I hated him so much. He was the worst.

                I really love him too, that it hurts so much. I know that he had the right to me, but why did he need to be pretentious? I’ve had assumed that everything was okay between us. Our friendship that became a stronger the last few weeks was a lie after all? Besides was it even the right way to reject someone? I felt more than rejected. It made me feel disgusting.

                Another knock came and I wiped all the tears away.

                He entered.

                “What’s wrong?” Kangin said as he immediately sat beside me.

                “Nothing”

                “Nothing? You don’t want to work and locked-up yourself the whole night, and you say nothing? Besides you look like a mess.”

                “Teuk also locked-up himself. He too refused to work. The members are suspicious.”

                “Pabo. Locking-up himself when he’s the one who has offended me.” I mumbled.  “Well I don’t care anymore. Let him answer their questions.”  I added.

                “So what happened? You can tell me, I mean I know some things somehow right?”

I told him about the confrontation Leeteuk and I had. I told him that leeteuk seemed to just use my non appearance to tell me that he is disgusted by me  and bringing  Siwon on the line—being  the apple of my eye and my new flavour that I end up not giving him priority. I told him how he pressed the promise which I broke because I preferred Siwon than him.  I told him that I loathe him for pretending to be my friend when he after all he’d tell me I was a pain for him.

“I only not felt rejected hyung I felt disgusted.” I ended.

I waited for Kangin’s reaction, yet all I got was a chuckle which had burst into laughter.

“What is so funny hyung?” I was really irritated being laughed at, given this situation.
“It’s a good sign you dummy.”

“What is good about it?” I sounded so defeated by the situation and telling me it was a good sign wasn’t helping at all. I mean what the hell hyung?

“This is not an issue of promises broken, nor is this an issue of rejection Kyu.”

“Then what?”

“Can’t you see it? I was jealousy afterall.”

“Jealousy… What?”

“He’s jealous of Siwon. You’re so stupid Kyu.”

“Stop that hyung… He’s not jealous… I don’t believe that he…”

“Believe it” A voice interrupted.

My eyes widened when I saw Heechul who joined us immediately by my desk.

“Believe it.” He repeated.

I looked at Kangin as if to ask if he told Heechul anything. He just shrugged his shoulders.

“Kangin didn’t tell me anything. It’s too obvious, the two of you. Since our vacation with Hae and Hyuk I have observed how special you are to each other.” Heechul explained.

“That is not so true hyunng. Since you’re already here, maybe you should know that I was the one who was sending him gifts and he knew about it and loathes it.”

“Yah…Yah… I heard a while ago, I was at the door. So Teuk seemed to use it against you and insulted you for it with Siwon being the root after all. And BLAH BLAH BLAH…” Heechul said.

“How long have you been there?” Kangin asked.

“Since you came in.” Heechul grinned.

“Sneaky.” Kangin remarked.

“The thing is I know these kinds of things.  He was definitely jealous of Siwon. Can’t you observe how incongruent his statements were? He’s mad because you weren’t able to go to the out-reach yesterday because Siwon was more important since you’re eyeing on him, but supposedly he should be the one who was more important because you like him. Yet in the end it was okay that you’re affections were diverted because you were a pain after all. Can’t you see, he wants your attention but says he doesn’t need it anyway since he’s bitter. Besides I wouldn’t have teased you two on our trip if I only saw a one-way affection. I wouldn’t want to ruin your relationship. But since I believed that you two have something. I did. Convinced?”

“No… I don’t want mere speculations.”

“Kyu you’re so skeptical and mellow dramatic” heechul said

“I just don’t want false encouragements.”

“Then we’ll figure it out. I’ll prove it to you.”

“You’re wrong. I know.”

“If I’m not?”

“You are.”

“If I’m not, be my boyfriend.”

“What?!? And what merit will it give you? I’m not even your type.” I asked, suspiciously.

“Nothing!” He grinned fishily. “ But I’m sure we won’t come to that point, because I am that confident that I am right!”