VIII

Rivalry Love

Donghae’s pov

I go up to my room and lie down on my bed. I open my phone and scroll down my contacts till I get to Danbi I don't know why I named her like that, but I think it fits perfectly to her, she's like a sweet rain pouring here in my mind, aish what am I saying?! I press the call button.

‘Hello?’

‘____, are you free?’

‘Nae, shall we do video call?’

‘Ok.’

I press a button and moments later ___’s face pops up on my phone screen, she’s lying down on her bed as well.

‘So for the project, I was thinking that I can press the buttons to move the slides while you talk to the class.’  I don’t like talking to the class.

‘Or, I can change the slides and you can speak to the class.’

‘Are you afraid?’ Yes.

‘No, are you?’ She hesitates before answering.

‘Yeh, I am.’

‘Why don’t we split it?’

‘Ok, so the first slide is a brief introduction on what we are doing, with a couple of pictures.’

‘The second one can be when it started and why.’  I watch as she takes notes, I grab the bottle of water next to me and have I quick drink.

‘What’s your favourite colour?’ Why did I ask that?

‘Light purple… What did you save my name as on your phone?’

‘Danbi.’

‘That’s nice, anyway back to the project, who should the main person be in it?’

‘I don’t know, what’s your favourite food?’

‘Kimchi and ox soup, yours?’

‘Same, we have lots of things in common.’

‘I know. Anyway, please stop distracting me.’ She smiles through the camera,

‘Third slide could be how it affected people... hmmm.. ___? ___?’

Omo, I think she has fallen asleep. Her face is just like an angel’s. Wait what am I thinking?

I stared at her all night, it’s like a one in a million chances I can have. I fell asleep at 5 am and woke up at around 7 am. My head really hurts! Then I suddenly remember my phone, I take it and I saw _____ still sleeping, I stare at her again. Wait, is she not moving when she sleeps? She sleeps so calmly. I look at the clock and it’s almost 7 am, our class starts at 7:30 should I wake her up?

Back to ______’s POV

I woke up with the voice calling my name coming from my phone did I alarm it? I don’t think so. I get my phone that was placed in front of my face. I slowly open my eyes and I see Donghae.

‘I saw you drooling.’ He said.

‘Eh?’ I wipe my mouth but I don’t think I drooled, there’s no mark or anything on it. ‘Liar.’

‘Yea, yea.’ He said as he smiles at the camera. Suddenly appa went inside my room.

‘Who are you talking with?’ he said.

‘M-my friend.’ I replied as my father walk towards me, I hid my phone under my pillow.

‘Is it HaeYoung?’ our driver came in as well.

‘Ah~ y-y-yea’ I stuttered. ‘Wait, why are you here in my room?!’ I continued.

‘Don’t you have class today?’ our driver asked.

‘oh! Yah right.’ I rush in the bathroom and prepare myself I wore our uniform and I’m done.

‘Let’s go?’ Appa said.

‘Eh? You’re coming with me appa?’

‘yea~ I have a meeting at 7:30.’

‘oh~ That’s why you’re here. Ok let’s go’

I get my phone under the pillow and walk out of my room. We get in the car, me and Appa sit at the back sit. I look at my phone and was shocked to see Donghae’s face. Appa is just sitting beside me so I suddenly press the end call button, I looked at appa and he looked at me.

‘Are you okay?’ he asked.

‘Y-yea appa.’

Few minutes later I get out of the car and bid farewell to appa, I walk my way in the campus and stopped at my locker to get some books and I enter our room. I take my sit when I saw Donghae coming inside the classroom as well. He looks tired, He takes his sit in front of me, I bring out my phone and send him a message.

Are you okay?

He gets his phone from his pocket and when he sees the message he slightly turns his head.

Yea, why?

Seems like you’re not okay.

I am ok. ^^

It’s Wednesday today, shall we meet prof. later?

Ok.

Time pass by and it’s already dismissal, Donghae walks out of the room immediately and I go out as well, I am walking on the hallway with Donghae few steps ahead. We finally reach the room and we saw our prof. sitting

‘Oh~ Donghae are you ok?’ our prof. asked.

‘Yea~ Sir.’ There’s something wrong with Donghae, even prof. noticed it.

‘Donghae ah~ we can do this next week.’ I said.

‘Shall we? I’m kinda tired right now.’

‘Oh it’s ok! You can go home now, you too Miss _____ let’s just meet next Wednesday.’

‘Ok Sir.’

We walk our way out of the Campus and still same routine for me, the driver waiting for me outside. I was about to close the car’s door when I saw Donghae almost trip and fall. I know he’s not ok.

‘Ummm~ ahjussi, I’ll just go to the rest room’ I said to my driver.

‘Oh. Okay.’

I get out of the car and secretly followed Donghae. I tapped Donghae’s shoulder.

‘Yah!’ I was shock when I saw his face, sweat is forming on his forehead, I touch his hand and he’s hot. ‘You have a high fever!’ I place his arm around my shoulder and guide him all the way, Good thing there are few people around, but they are all staring at us… Aish~ I shouldn’t mind them for a while. Donghae needs me.