XXII

Rivalry Love

____ pov

It’s been two weeks since they’ve locked in me in my room. All I can think about is Donghae; I haven’t eaten the whole time I’ve been in my room and now I’m really weak. I look at myself in the mirror, my cheekbones are showing and you can see my collarbones really clearly.

I sigh to myself, what has my life become? I refuse to fall in love with my fiancé and stop thinking about Donghae, how can my own parents treat me like this? My fingers trace the yellow bruise on my cheek where my dad slapped me; the mark has almost gone now. If you just add a bit of make-up no one will know it was there.

I start thinking about Donghae, has he been thinking about me? Has he been treated like this? Does he still feel the same way I do? My head starts to spin; what if he’s already fallen for Ha Na? What if he can’t even remember my name? What if… What if he doesn’t love me anymore?
Tears start to roll down my face for the second time this hour, I never knew a person could cry this much, I never knew a person could feel all this emotional pain. It feels like I’ve stabbed over and over again until there’s nothing left but a big hole in my body. I clutch my stomach as I let out a loud sob. Why? Why did I have to be born to this family? Why did I have to be treated like this? Why? Why did I fall in love with my rival?

I can’t cope anymore. I can’t cope knowing that if I step out of this room I have to marry Chung-Ho, I can’t cope with life anymore. Life’s too hard. You’re too far away from me now but my heart keeps calling you; calling your name hoping that one day you’ll be my prince charming and save me from this terrible life. If someone was to die of a broken heart, I would have died two weeks ago when I was first locked inside my room.

I stand up and shake my head. I have got to stop crying. I can hear my parents shouting again, I place my ear to the door and try to listen.

‘Please, she’s not eating anything. Our baby is starving to death.’

‘I won’t let her out until she forgets about Donghae!’

‘Please, she needs food! She’s going to die if she’s in there any longer.’

‘I said no and that’s final!’

They stop arguing and it all goes quiet, I remove my ear from the door and go to my ensuite bathroom. I pull one of the doors open and take out the razor I use to shave my legs. I look at the sharp blades.

If I can’t be with Donghae I can’t live happily, I should die of a broken heart but I guess dying of lack of blood is ok.  I place the razor steadily on my wrist and I take a deep breath.

*KnockKnockKnock*

‘What do you want?’ I shout angrily at the door.

‘It’s your driver; I have a note for you. I’m sliding it under the door now.’

I put the razor down back in the drawer and close it, I go back into my room to see a folded piece of paper on the floor.

I read the note written on the paper, it was from Donghae.

I talked to your driver and he told me everything, are you suffering too much? sorry if I didn't know it right from the start, I feel very sorry and it's like my heart wants to explode but on the other side I feel very grateful and blessed to have someone like you in my life, you are fighting for our love and so am I, Ha Na left the country a few days ago. I confessed to her everything about us and my parents are really mad at me right now that's why I ran away from home they gave consequence that if I choose you, they will not support me in everything including financially and you know what? I chose you, because I can't live without you. I am currently living in my friend's dorm and working in a fast food chain, it's hard but whenever I think of you I feel alive. My life is worth living for because of you. If I asked you to wait for me, will you? I'll get you out of there and we will live a happy life together. I miss you so much and I have never been in love with someone else as much as I am with you now…


-Donghae

 


Sorry for the slow updates! I have loads of projects in school please bear with me.

Mian~ :) -HaeLey ♥