XIX

Rivalry Love

___ pov


I stare at him in complete and utter shock, is he for real? He knows we’re rivals. I let go off his hand I was taking care of and look to the ground, my heart wants me to say yes but my head is telling me to say no. We’re rivals, we can’t. Is he playing a trick on me?

‘____Say something please.’

‘Is this some kind of joke?’

‘No it isn’t.’ He puts his hand under my chin and lifts my face up, I look into his eyes. ‘I can’t hide my feelings any longer, I love you ___’

‘I-I-I…’ Omo, he just said that he loves me! Why aren’t any words coming out of my mouth?

‘Will you please go out with me?’

I open my mouth but nothing comes out so I close it again. I slowly nod my head and smile.  Relief shows on Donghae’s face, omo, I can’t believe it! I’m going out with my rival. I look deep into Donghae’s eyes and I can tell he’s just as happy as me.

His eyes wonder down to my lips, I end up looking at his and then I look back into his eyes. Is he getting closer? Is he going to kiss me? He’s going to take my first kiss! I’m getting butterflies in my stomach, he leans forward and…

RingRingRing

That’s my phone ringing! Donghae pulls back and blushes; I pick up my phone and answer it.

‘Hello?’

‘____ Where are you? You should have been home ages ago.’

‘Umma? Appa? What are you doing home so early?’

‘We came to talk to you but you’re not here. Come home at once.’

‘Arasso.’

I hang up and look up at Donghae; we both stand up from the grass.

‘I have to go, my parents want me.’

‘I guess I have to go as well. Tonight, can you sneak out of the house?’

‘Yeh why?’

‘Let’s go out somewhere.’

‘In the middle of the night?’

‘Why not, I’ll be outside your house around 11:30pm.’

‘Ok, goodbye Donghae.

’We walk in the opposite direction and head to our own houses. I slap my cheeks lightly; did that really just happen? I arrive home and make my way to the kitchen where Umma and Appa are waiting for me.

‘____, we have great news!’

‘What is it?’

‘Instead of getting married when you graduate…You’re going to get married next month!’

‘Bwo? N-next month?!’

'Yes!'

'Is that the great news?'

'Of course it is!'

'But Umma, Appa! I don't know him very well.'

'You still have 1 month.'

'1 month isn't enough.'

'It's enough, unless you wouldn't waste your time to someone.' someone? What’s that suppose to mean? 'By the way, we have a simple dinner here with Chung-Ho's family.'

'EH? Later?' I have a date with Donghae.

'Yes, why?'

'Nothing.'

Few hours later Umma and Appa asked me to prepare and wear the most beautiful dress I have. I do as they say.

'Are you ready?' Umma and appa walk in my room.

'Y-yea...'

I walk downstairs and I see Chung-Ho with his Umma and Appa. My parent's seems getting along well with Chung-Ho's parents. This is bad.
Few hours later the dinner gets boring and I feel a bit sleepy, then someone knocks on the door. It’s our driver.

'Sorry for interrupting, Miss ____ I heard your phone ringing.' my phone ringing? But my phone is with me. He handed me a phone. Wait, this is not my phone! I look at our driver with a questioning look but I feel a paper attached on the back of the phone.

'Thank you Ahjussi.' ahjussi walk out, and I secretly read the note.

Donghae is outside the gate.

He’s here? I look at my watch and it's already 11:30 pm.

'Are you ok?' ChungHo asked.

'Y-yea. I'll just go to the bathroom.'

'Ok'

I walk my way out our Dining hall, and ahjussi was standing there outside. He runs towards me.

'What took you so long?!'

'ohh...'

'Donghae is outside! Go now.'

'Ahjussi THANK YOU!'

I sneak out of the house and I finally see Donghae standing outside his car.

'You’re here.' He's soo handsome! He opens the car door for me, I get in and he started to drive 'You look beautiful. You really dressed up.'

'Thank you, We're actually having a dinner with Chung-Ho's family.'

'Really?'

'Yea~'

I am bothered, how can I tell Donghae that I'll get married with Chung-Ho 1 month from now? I don't want to hurt him because I love him.