VI

Rivalry Love

I walk through the corridor in school to receive strange looks from all the students; they start whispering to each other. Have I got something on my face? I walk to my locker and start putting some books in for after lunch. As I stand there, I hear a random girl’s conversation.

‘Did you hear? ____ went on a date with Donghae. I thought they were rivals.’ D-date?!

‘I know! They were seen in a park and a restaurant!’

‘I hope they’re parents don’t find out, they’ll be in big trouble.’

I turn around to go and tell them the truth but someone does it instead of me.

‘You should stop spreading false rumours, someone might get hurt.’

‘Donghae O-oppa, but someone saw it all.’

‘We were together for our project. Nothing more.’

He turns around and faces me, he’s wearing the bracelet! I’m wearing the necklace as well! I look at his face.

‘Library tonight after class.’

He turns around and walks away; I make my way to class and sit in my sit. Most of the day went by really fast, at the end of the last lesson I dash up to the library to find Donghae all ready sitting at a table reading a book.

‘Sorry, I’m late.’ I said while I’m catching my breath, he look up to me and he smirked.

‘Sit down.’

‘Yea~’

‘Don’t listen to them.’

‘Eh?’

‘Don’t listen to those people who are talking about us.’ He said while looking at his book.

‘I know... it’s not true anyways. There’s no reason to be guilty.’

‘Yea.’

Few hours later we decided to go home because it’s already night and the rain started to pour really hard. We walk our way out of the campus but we’re too late the road is already flooded and the rain is still at its heavy state with matching thunders and lightning bolts. The guard already closes the Schools gate and we have no choice but to look for some shelter to stay in for a while. After few minutes. At last, we find some shelter.

‘I think we need to stay here for awhile, the rain will stop later.’ Donghae said while wiping the water dripping on his hair.

‘I think so too.’

But hours later the rain is still pouring heavily.

‘What should we do now? Should we start walking?’ I asked.

‘your house is way far from here! There are no buses coming because it’s already late. I think you should call your parents.’

‘Yea. You’re right.’

I get my phone in my pocket and when I saw it, it’s all wet. I can see water inside the screen of my phone.

‘aiish!’ I rub my head and threw my phone.

‘yah! Why did you throw it?!’

‘it’s broken. I think I need to buy a heavy duty one.’

‘Use mine instead.’ Donghae get’s his phone but it’s also wet.

‘Should we throw your phone too?’ I said while looking at him.

‘No. I’m not like you.’ He said as he put back the phone inside his pocket.

‘You can start walking now Donghae ah~’

‘You want me to leave you here?’

‘It’s ok. It’ll be unfair if I let you to stay here with me. Your house isn’t that far.’

‘It’s ok, I have nothing much to do in my house. We should wait more, It’ll stop, don’t worry.’ He said as he tapped my back. I look at him and my worried face to changes to a smiling one. ‘The necklace looks good on you.’ He continued.

‘Yea, the bracelet looks good on you as well.’

Hours passed and we start to feel a bit sleepy. Without my knowing my head is slowly leaning on Donghae’s shoulder. Then everything turns blank.

The next day I woke up with Donghae’s arm wrapped around me and my head on his chest while his head is leaning on the wall. I suddenly stand up and Donghae wakes up.

‘YAH! Did we fall a-asleep here?’ I said.

‘Y-yea?’ He said while scratching his eyes. ‘OH REALLY!?’ then He stood up as well. And we run on the opposite way reaching our own home without bidding goodbyes to each other.