V

Rivalry Love

I wake up to sound of my alarm ringing in my ears. It’s Saturday today, I’m going to go to the library and meet up with Donghae to do our project. I get up, have a shower and get dressed. I make my way downstairs and have some breakfast. My mum comes in to see me.

‘What are you doing today?’

‘I’m going to the library with Donghae to do our project.’

‘Your father is very upset about this. Don’t do anything to make him mad.’

‘I know umma, I don’t like him but this project counts for half my grade.’

‘I understand, but I don’t think your father does.’

She leaves the room leaving me alone, I look at the time; 10:50am. I’m late! I dash out the house and run down the road. I cross the road and turn the corner, finally; I’ve made it. I walk up to the library to find that it is shut. What am I going to do now?! I turn around to see Donghae lightly jogging up the steps to me. I stomp my foot on the ground.

‘What’s with the long face?’

‘The library is shut, what are we supposed to do now?’

‘We could go to the park across the road and talk about it.’

‘Arasso.’

We walk in silence to the park; I spot a tree with some shade and a go and sit down there. I get a notebook out from my back and start to write things down.  I pass the notebook to Donghae who nods his head as he reads. I look around and watch some kids play football. They look so happy, all of a sudden I see something flying towards me and Donghae and before I can do anything it hits me straight in the face.

‘That hurt.’ Donghae puts the notebook down and looks at me with concern.

‘Are you ok?’

‘Noona! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. Hyung please forgive me for hitting your girlfriend with the ball.’

G-girlfriend? Did that little boy just say that I’m Donghae’s girlfriend? That’s gross! Wait… Why am I blushing? I’m not blushing it’s because the ball hit me in the face.

‘It’s ok, here’s your ball.’ Donghae passes the ball to the little boy. I rub my head, it really hurt.

‘Should we have a walk around?’

‘Ok.’

We get up and walk out of the park.

‘They think that you are my girlfriend.’

‘Yea. I heard it, it’s gross you know.’ I said as I rub my head, it still hurts!

‘Tss. Disgusting, Me and You? NEVER!’ he replied and I gave him a sullen glance, we see a restaurant near the park and we decide to eat our dinner there.

‘Whoa! They have a promo today!’ I said as I look at the poster posted on the door of the restaurant.

‘They’re giving away a bracelet and a necklace. The bracelet looks really nice.’

‘And the necklace too.’ We walk in the restaurant and we are welcomed by a waitress standing on the side. ‘Ummm, Miss. May we ask about the promo for today, the necklace and bracelet looks really nice.’ I said

‘You’re in exact timing, We are looking for a couple who can finish this big bowl of noodles and you two fit the bill, if ever you finished it in 3 mins. You’ll win the necklace and the bracelet’

‘C-couple?’ I stuttered.

‘We’re in!’ Donghae said.

‘Eh?’ I said and glare at him with my evil eyes.

‘Okay, we will just prepare it; you can take your sit first.’ The waitress said and left

‘Yah! What are you thinking?! We’re not even a couple I will not help you. Eat it all alone!’ I said

‘Aish! We we’re called as a couple a while ago by those children, I think we can continue acting like one for today. That necklace and bracelet aren’t bad.’

‘The necklace is mine and the bracelet is yours.’

‘Yea, but before you think about that, think first how we can finish it within 3 mins.’

‘Yea,  I don’t think we can do it.’

‘We can do it honey.’ Donghae said while looking at the big bowl approaching holding by the waitress a while ago.

‘Honey? Eeew.’ I whispered.

‘Here’s the big bowl with noodles.’ The waitress said then she put down the bowl on our table.

‘It’s not big… its HUGE!’ I said

‘It’s a mammoth I can say.’ Donghae said while we’re staring at the bowl with a ‘losing hope’ face.

‘Okay. 1, 2, 3 go!’ the waitress said as she clicked the button of the timer on her hand.

‘Eh?’ I was shocked and I looked at the waitress but Donghae hits my head.

‘EAT NOW! Stupid.’

In fairness we eat like we’re really hungry, well, we really are because we didn’t even eat our lunch because of that project, 3 mins. Passed and we did it! Donghae sipped the remaining soup left on the bowl.

‘Annnnd. Stop!’ The waitress said.

We both rested our backs on our chair, while holding our stomach.

‘We did it.’ Donghae said

‘Yea, I can’t imagine I placed that big amount of food here in my stomach.’

Then the people around us started to clap their hands.

‘Were they watching us all along?’ I whispered as I move my head close to Donghae

‘I think so.’

The waitress came towards us while holding 2 small boxes.

‘Here’s the necklace and here’s the bracelet.’

But the waitress gave the box of necklace to Donghae and she gave me the box of bracelet. Donghae handed me the box of necklace and the people around us started clapping again. What’s wrong with them? Are they crazy? Donghae smirked at me, while I’m wondering what’s really happening with this people.

‘Such a sweet couple!!’ one man yelled.

‘EH?’ I looked at him with my evil eyes and I can see that he looks scared.

‘YAH~ stop that.’ Donghae whispered to me.

‘Honey, can you go on a date with me tomorrow?’ Donghae said.

The people start clapping again.

‘What are you talking about!?!’ I said then Donghae stood and held my hands and he drag me outside the restaurant. I let go of his hands. ‘What’s with you? Are you crazy?!’

‘Aren’t we lookin good together honey?’

‘SHUT UP! Honey your face!’

‘Tss,’ I looked at Donghae while he’s having a hard time locking his bracelet on his right hand.

‘I’ll help you kiddo.’ I said as I grabbed his hand.

‘You really look good together.’ A man came out from the restaurant said and I gave him my sullen evil burning glare but Donghae suddenly covered my eyes.

‘Aha~ Thank you Sir!’ He said as he waves to the man.

‘Why did you that? That man deserves it.’

‘Your eyes are killers.’ Donghae said