XIII

Rivalry Love

Donghae pov

I sit on my staring out the window, all I can think about is ____ and how I feel. I’ve fell for her and I’ve fell for her hard, I want to confess to her. I want to tell her how much I love her, I want to hold her hand in mine, see her smile because of me. I stand up and make my way to the door and as I put my hand on the door handle I realise something. My parents hate her and her family and they want me to marry someone. I can’t disappoint them, I just can’t. I sit back down on my bed and put my head in my hands. What am I going to do? I can’t do anything that will make the situation better; I’ll just make it worse. I guess I’ll just have to try to ignore her and try and move on.
Maybe ____ was really pretending after all, maybe she never liked me at all. All the times we messed about in the library, talked for hours on video call, she was pretending the whole time, just putting up with me till the end of the project. Unknowingly I tear rolls down my cheek, I guess this is what people mean when they say love hurts.

My phone rings and it’s Ha Na.

‘Ha Na?’

‘Donghae oppa. Can we talk?’

‘yea, sure~ about what?’

‘No, I want to talk to you in person. Let’s meet at the park.’

‘Oh, okay.’

I grab my jacket and walk my way out of my house and get in my car. I reached the park and I already see her standing under the shade of the tree. No matter what I do ______ always comes in my mind, that place where Ha Na is standing is the place where me and _____ did our project. It’s so hard to think that it’s over; I can’t talk to her again. Never again.

I get out of the car and she sees me, she smiles and waves. She’s not bad I guess I should pay attention to her more, in that way I guess I can forget my feelings towards ______. ‘Hey’ I said as I walk towards her. ‘What do you want to talk about?’

‘Oppa, do you like someone?’

‘Eh?’

‘Do you like someone? ______ Perhaps?’

‘What did you just say?!’

‘Oppa I know you like her.’

‘What do you know? You don’t know anything!’  I decided to forget _____ but why the hell she’s talking about her?! There’s no reason to talk about ______ anymore.

‘Oppa, I can help you forget her, just give me a chance.’

‘How’d you know about this?’

‘I saw you talking with her in the restaurant. With the way you look at her, I can feel that there’s something inside of you that you want to tell her. She’s so insensitive not to feel that.’

‘Don’t say that to your friend, she’s not insensitive.’

‘Do you like her that much?’

‘C’mon I’ll take you home.’ I grab her hand but she let go of it.
‘No~ Oppa, Answer me first.’

‘Do you really want to know?’

‘YES.’

‘I don’t like her. Her family is my family’s enemy. Are you happy?‘
I am aware that Ha Na and _____ are childhood friends if I told her that I like _____, Ha Na might hate her and it’s also possible that she’ll hurt her and I can’t let that to happen, I don’t want ______ to get hurt. I should protect her in my own simple ways just like what I did in giving her my book.

‘Don’t lie.’

‘I’m not lying! I am not forcing you to believe me anyways.’

‘Arasso I believe you now, sorry.’

‘Don’t ever think that way.’

‘Nae.’

‘C’mon, I’ll take you home.’

‘Arasso. Oh~ shall we go to ____’s place?’

‘I am not welcome there’

‘oh~ by the way Oppa, Don’t you think ______’s Fiancé is so good looking? He’s also handsome like you!’

‘Don’t compare me to him, we have a lot of differences and I don’t think he’s really that good looking.’

‘Aish~ Of course you are more handsome and good looking than him!’