X

Rivalry Love

I open my eyes; it’s my birthday today. I go downstairs to find a big bag on the table and an envelope, I open it up and read what’s inside.
 

‘Happy Birthday! Sorry we can’t be there in person but something came up at the company, in the bag is a dress and a pair of shoes, take them to the beauty salon down the road. They’re expecting you. You’re going to have an AMAZING time at the party tonight. Oh and by the way the Lee family are invited so we can show off our home and our lovely daughter. See you soon- Umma and Appa’
 

I knew they would do something like this, but I can’t argue with them. I grab the bag and slip my converse on. I make my way to the salon. When I get there, I am dragged into an empty room with around five or six women in there… So the work begins

Donghae’s pov

‘Umma, Appa, why aren’t you at work?’

‘We have to get ready.’

‘For what?’

‘___’s birthday party. They’ve invited us to her party.’

‘My suit is the wrong size now though.’

‘I know, go and buy a new one from town.’

‘Arasso.’

I put my shoes on and go out of the house, within a couple of minutes I reach a suit shop. I pick a light gray one with a white shirt; I look at the ties… So many colours to choose from, I spot a light purple one; I’ll get that one seen as it is ___’s favourite colour. I pay for everything and walk out, I pass a shop and something in the window catches my eye. ___ would love that, I go in and buy it for her. When I get home it’s almost time to go so I quickly get changed and get in my mum and dad’s car.

We enter ____’s house and what can I say? It was stunning, it was decorated with balloons and a banners; ____ sure is lucky.

‘Donghae go and mingle with people, while we speak with the adults.’

I nod my head and walk around the house, I come to the balcony and my eyes rest on the back of the body of ____, the dress showed her curves she turns around and seems shocked to me. Her hair was curled and let down to just below her shoulders. She’s beautiful.

‘Nice suit.’

‘Thanks, how are you enjoying your party?’

‘Not much, I don’t like big things like this; I would have preferred something smaller and simpler.’

Well that shocked me, I didn’t know that she only wanted a simple party, we have more things in common than I thought.

____ POV

He walks out of the balcony because it’s time for me to go down and face the crowd. I am walking down the stairs with a red carpet, the spotlight is on me and all of them are looking at me, I see Donghae and his family on the side, while staring at me.

Few hours passed and they ask me to blow the Candles on my huge cake, aish I hate this part. I need to waste my air blowing those 19 candles, what if I turn 70 years old? Do I need to blow 70 candles too? *sigh*

They sang ‘happy birthday’ to me and after that I started blowing it all. Then they started to clap their hands. The party is going to end soon, should I change into my pyjamas? I’m really tired. I’m sitting outside while the people are having fun dancing inside our house; I guess they’re having more fun than me.

‘What’s the reason to have fun!? No Umma and No Appa. Great.’ I whispered as I stomp my right foot.

‘But there is Donghae.’ Donghae said while he’s standing at my back.

‘Oh Donghae- ah’ he takes a sit beside me.

‘Aren’t you having fun?’ he said and I nod. ‘Oh well, I should go now.’ He continues.

‘Oh. You’re going already?’

‘Yea… oh~ _____ ah, shall we do our project tonight? We’re going to pass it soon.’

‘Yea, I almost forgot. Ok, I’ll just change.’

‘Yea, please change to something comfortable.’

I sneak out of my own party and get into Donghae’s car. Donghae stops the car in a short while, I open the car window and take a deep breath to the fresh air.

‘Whoa!’ I said. ‘Shall we do it here? I don’t think I can concentrate, the waves are just too nice too listen and too relaxing.’

‘C’mon get out of the car. I brought my notebook and my pen with me.’

‘Oh. Okay.’ I said while heading to somewhere I don’t know with a feeling of disappointment, ‘Can I just relax here for a while? Then we’ll do it after few minutes.’

‘No, please walk faster.’ He said.

‘Aish! Arasso!’ we we’re walking and walking until we reach a small tent with a light inside. ‘Is this tent yours?’ I said.

‘Yep. Come in.’

I walk my way inside the tent, I slightly bend my knees while going in and I was shocked to see a small table with a small cheesecake and small lighted candle on it, two glasses placed at both side and a cola on the middle together with the cake.

‘Yah sit down I can’t go in.’ he said while he’s standing outside the tent.

‘Sorry’ I can’t help it but my tears started to fall one after another. Donghae walk in and he sat opposite to me.

‘Why are you crying?’

‘What are these for?’

‘It’s for you, it’s your birthday.’

‘Thank you.’ I said as I wipe my tears away. He holds the cake and sings a happy birthday to me.

Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
Sa-rang-ha-nun Oori ________(name)
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da

 
‘Blow the candle.’ He said.

‘Ok.’ I blew it and Donghae put the cake down and clap his hands.

‘Happy birthday.’ He said as he handed me a small box, I opened it and there’s a bracelet inside. ‘This bracelet looks familiar’ I said Donghae showed me his bracelet and it’s almost the same.

‘Donghae ah~ Thank you.’

‘you’re welcome.’ He said then he smile at me and I smile back to him. My heart’s beat is abnormal again, aish~ what’s happening? Could this be love? Oh no~ I’m so dead to my parents.