XII

Rivalry Love

____ pov

 

The Next day

I wake, get out of bed and look at myself in the mirror. I must have cried myself to sleep, I slowly put my school uniform on, I don’t bother putting any concealer on today. It’s not worth it seen as my eyes are already swollen as big as peaches. I make my way downstairs and go straight through the door and head to school not bothering about any breakfast. It’s a nice summer’s day but why do I feel so cold? I get school after about five minutes and make my way to my locker. As I get there someone is blocking my way.

‘Excuse me please.’

‘We need to talk.’ I look up at Donghae’s face; he looks shocked to see my swollen face.

‘Please move out of the way.’

‘Not until we talk.’

‘I said move.’

I surprise him by pushing him with all my effort and he falls on the floor. I quickly step over him and put some books in my locker that I need for after lunch. I shut the locker door and turn to go away but Donghae grabs my wrist.

‘Why did you push me?’

‘You wouldn’t move. Now let go of my wrist.’

‘Why are you being so arrogant towards me?’

‘I was like this before the project; don’t you remember?’

‘You weren’t as bad as this.’

‘Things have changed. I have changed.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘It doesn’t matter.’

His grip loosens slightly and I take my chance and break free, I quickly go to my class and sit down at my desk, I couple of minutes later Donghae comes in followed by the teacher. Everyone gets their text book out; I go to get mine but it’s not there and then I remembered that it’s on my desk at home.

‘Those who don’t have their text book come to the front of the class for your punishment.’

I groan and place my head on the desk, looks like I’ll be getting hit on the back of my legs today; I lift my head up to stand up but I see a text book already on my desk. I’m sure I left mine at home, I watch as three students stand at the front. Choi Ae Ri, Kim Min Soo and Lee Donghae. Donghae?!

As the teacher hits the back of his legs he looks at me in the eyes, I can see hurt in his eyes but something’s telling me that it’s not because of the punishment. After about 30 seconds they all come limping back to their seats. I open the text book to do my work but I notice something on the front page.

‘Property of Lee Donghae class BC9’

This text book is Donghae’s?!

Few hours later it is dismissal time, I walk my way out of the room and put the books inside my locker when I saw Donghae’s book mixed to mine, I get it and wait for Donghae outside our classroom, few seconds later I finally saw him.

‘Here’s your book, don’t do that again.’

‘A simple thank you is enough.’

‘I didn’t ask you to help me. So why should I say thank you?’

‘Why are you doing this?!’

‘Why? Aren’t you used to this kind of treatment? This is how I am before the project, right? This is the real me, so don’t try to change me the way you want.’

‘No, you’ve never been like that.’

‘Well, you don’t know me yet. Just so you know, this is the real me.’ I immediately walk away from Donghae.

‘YAH! PARK ______! Come back here. Or else you will not like what I would do next!’ I stopped walking because I really don’t know what he’s thinking right now.

Then I decided to walk towards him ‘WHAT?’ I look at him in the eyes, and he held my hand tightly. ‘WHAT?! You told me to comeback but you’re not saying anything.’

‘I LOV…’

‘WHAT?!’ then he slowly free my hand.

‘Leave now!’

‘Eh?’

‘LEAVE NOW! That’s what you want right? You want to leave, so leave now! I’m letting you go…’

‘OK! Stupid.’ I walk my way out of the schools corridor with burden inside me. Am I doing the right thing? Why do I feel like crying when he told me that he’s letting me go? *sigh* I guess I’m doing the right thing, I promised Appa and Umma not to mingle with Donghae after finishing the project. Yea, this is right. But my tears suddenly fall from my eyes. Aish~ my heart is against me again.