XVI

Rivalry Love

____ pov

I stare blankly out the window flinching every time the stick hit the back of my legs. Pain shot through the whole of my body at every hit, every whack, and the whole of my legs were hurting. One, for standing up so long and two for being hit there repeatedly over and over but I didn’t show any emotion.

For Donghae’s sake, I have to be strong, I told him I’ll be ok and I will. My legs start stinging and turn my head slightly to get a look at my legs, they were bleeding.  I slightly hiss in pain and I glance at Donghae who is looking at me with a worried expression.
I give him a reassuring smile and turn my head back to the front; I look out the window and start to think. Why did Ha Na come back to school? She’s already got a degree and what was with that look she gave me before when she asked where she would sit? She is my friend so why did it look like she hated me?

The bell rings signalling the end of lesson and the start of break, all the students leave the room apart from Donghae. My legs hurt too much.

‘Are you not leaving the room?’

‘Once you’ve gone I will.’

‘Why not now?’

Aish… I take a step forward but my legs collapse underneath me and I fall on the floor hitting my knees pretty hard. I hiss in pain, Donghae picks me up as if I was the lightest thing on Earth; I can feel his muscles through his shirt.

‘Have you been working out?’

‘Maybe… I’ll carry you to the nurse’s room.’

He carries me bridal style trying not to touch my cut legs, once we to the nurse’s room he places on the floor and lie on the bed with my stomach on the mattress so the cuts didn’t rub anything. I slowly close my eyes.

‘Thank you Donghae.’ I whisper.

‘It’s ok.’

I slowly fall asleep forgetting about the pain in my legs. I wake up seeing Donghae beside me, Ha Na is also with him.

'______ ah~ are you okay now?' Donghae said while touching my head. He's sincere face is the reason why I overcome all the pain.

'_____ ah~' Ha Na said, she looks worried, is she really worried?

'I am okay.'

'That's good! Donghae oppa~ I am hungry, can we eat now?'

'But...' Donghae looks at me.

'It’s ok, you can eat now, I am fine.'

'Do you want me to bring you food here?'

'No, I'm not hungry.'

'Oh okay.'

Donghae's POV

We went to the cafeteria together but my mind and heart is with ______, I should've asked our prof. that I will take the punishment for _____ but Ha Na is there, I said that I will protect her in my own simple ways but I failed of protecting her today.

'Oppa! Oppa! Are you listening to me?'

'Eh? Wh-what did you say?'

'Never mind. c'mon let's pay for our snack.'

'okay.' We walk to the counter. I bought 2 snacks, 1 for me and 1 for ______. I know that she's not eating yet.

After paying we walk our way out of the cafeteria.

'Oppa! That’s not the way to our classroom!' I want to see _____, I want to see her again. Should I visit her later?

'You can go first~ I'll just see if ______ is ok.'

'______ again?!'

'Ye~ she's your friend, aren't you worried about her?'

'Oh okay~ I'll just go with you.'

'No, you can go in our classroom now.'

'I'll go with you.' I don't know what's wrong with her, she's always following me.

'Ok.' We walk in the clinic but _____ isn't there anymore. 'Excuse me nurse, Where is Miss Park?'

'Oh~ her driver came here and he took her home already.'

'So what are we going to do now? She’s not here anymore.' Ha Na said

'Arasso' I said, why she didn't even informed me? 'Ha Na, you want a snack?'

'Okay.' I give her the snack that I bought for _____ 'Let’s go to our class now.' I said with disappointment.