III

Rivalry Love

I sit in my chair and stare out the window; I look beyond the school gates and watch some little kids play in a park. I wish I was that age again so I didn’t have to worry about silly little things like being Donghae’s partner or taking over my parents business. I love my life but sometimes I wish that my parents didn’t own such a big company.
I turn my head back around to the front of the class to watch a girl come in with a note in her hand, she hands it to the teacher and walks back out of the class, the teacher looks up at me.

‘_____?’

‘Nae?’

‘You’re wanted in the principal’s office.’

‘Nae.’

I pick up my books and walk to the principal’s room, as I open the door I see my father standing next to the principal.

‘Appa, what are you doing here?’

‘I have come to sort out the problem with Donghae; I do not like the fact that you are his partner. I’m here to change it.’

‘Bwo? Appa you’re being childish, I don’t want to go with him but I won’t change.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Nae Appa, I’m sure.’

I walk out of the principal’s room just as the bell rings signalling break time; I put my books in my locker and turn around to see Donghae smiling down at me.

‘Did your dad come in to shout at the principal? What a shame I missed it.’  He is such a freak!

I stand up looking at Donghae ‘yea~ it only means that we don’t like you.’

‘Wae? Do you think that my family likes you? For your information, we also don’t like you.’

‘Shut up.’ I give him a sullen glance as I walk inside our room.

‘_____ -ah!’

‘Oh Eun Mi. Wae?’ I said and put my books down on my table

‘Aren’t you going to eat?’

‘Donghae is in the cafeteria, right? I’d rather die of starvation than seeing him.’

‘Yah! You shouldn’t avoid him, are you afraid of him?’

‘Afraid?! Of course not!’

‘Ok then, let’s go to the cafeteria. I am hungry!’ Eun Mi says as she extends her hand.

‘Aish~ can’t you go in the cafeteria alone?’ I said and slap Eun Mi’s hand. ‘You can go alone right?’ I take my sit and started opening my book.

‘Aish~ Arasso. You’re weak, weak, weak and weak.’

Eun Mi walks out of the room while teasing me. ‘I am not weak’ I said to myself.

‘Eun Mi ah!! Wait for me!’ I yelled and run towards Eun Mi.

I saw Eun Mi waiting for me outside the room.

‘I know you’re not weak.’ She said as she slightly hit my shoulder.

‘Aish~ let’s go!’

We walk in the cafeteria and I saw Donghae’s circle of friends occupying the biggest table, my eyesight saw Donghae immediately, I really hate him. We went to the counter to pay for our snack when a man came right next to me.

‘Hi! Donghae told me to give this to you.’ He’s giving me a folded piece of paper.

‘No thanks.’

But he put the paper on the tray of my food. ‘Yah~ you’re no different to your friend. Take it back!’

‘Aish! Just get it.’ He walks away going back to their place.

I opened the paper and there’s a note on it:

Don’t be too childish, I know you also want to work with me.

I looked at him and I caught him already looking at me, then he gave me a wink. Aish so arrogant!

‘Wait here Eun Mi’ I said and walk toward to Donghae’s place when I saw a cup of water on the un cleaned table, I get it and I threw it to him.

‘Who do you think you are?’ I said, I look at his shocked wet face, and it makes me laugh. ‘You look really good.’ I gave him a wink and return to my place with Eun Mi.