XVII

Rivalry Love

____ pov

Next Day

After eating lunch in the garden alone, I go to my locker to get my books out for next lesson. As I get to my locker I find a piece of paper stuck to my locker.

_______ We need to talk about something important. Meet me on the rooftop after next lesson.

Omo, who could this be off? I fold the piece of paper and put it in my pocket; I take my sit in class and tap my fingers on the desk wanting the lesson to end already.  I sit staring at the whiteboard with a blank expression, I look around the class; no one else seems to be paying attention either. The bell suddenly rings and I jolt up from my seat.

I dash down the corridor and up some stairs, I take the next left and then open another door, I climb up the stairs and walk onto the rooftop. I go and sit on the bench and look at the view.  I hear a click sound and my heart drops. I run to the door and try to open it but it’s locked, I bang on the door and yell but no one comes. I’ve been tricked; I’m stuck out here for God knows how long.

I hit the door and start shouting, I start crying.

‘Please! Someone help me, please don’t leave me all alone.’

I cry helplessly and hit the door repeatedly, suddenly a face appears on the other side of the door and I stop crying in shock.

‘Donghae? Someone’s locked me out!’

‘Hold on, I’ll go and look for someone who may have the key.’

‘Don’t leave me alone here!’

‘Relax, I’ll be back before you can up to 100.’

I nod my head and he slowly disappears; he’ll be back. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...80 he has 20 more seconds; he’s not coming back is he? I slowly fall to the floor and start to cry again. 87, 88… Pabo, pabo, pabo, I actually believed that he would come back. 95, 96, 97

‘____!’ He came back! I jump up and look at him through the door.

‘Do you have the key?’

‘No, everyone’s gone home, it’s only us two on the school premises.’

‘What am I going to do? I’m going to be stuck out here all night on my own!’

‘You’re not on your own; I’ll stay here with you all night.’

‘Thank you Donghae.’

I put my hand on the glass and he puts his hand where mine is, I smile at him and he smiles back, I can’t pretend to hate him anymore, I just can’t. This pain is killing me. We sit down on the floor, we don’t talk but it’s not awkward, it’s a nice silence.

‘Hey ____, are you ok? Your lips are blue?’

'Yea. It's cold, Donghae ah~ I am scared it's so dark here..'

'Don't worry I am here, I won't leave.'

'Here we go again, do you remember when we we're stuck in a shelter because it's raining really hard, I told you to go home but instead you stay with me all night and now, you're doing it again. Donghae you don't need to do this.'

'Yea~ I remember that. I know, I don't need to do this, but what can I do? I want to stay here with you.'

Donghae POV

'There’s no service here, our phones are useless...' I can hear her sobbing. 'Are you crying?'

'Donghae, it's so cold, I have no jacket with me. The wounds at the back of my leg are not yet completely healed, it’s making me suffer more.'

'Arasso, Hold on!' then I saw something that will help me to get her way out of the roof top, I broke the glass cover of the firefighter's axe which is placed on the corner of the wall. '______ ah~ can you move to the side for awhile?'

'A-arasso' Her voice makes me paranoid knowing that she's really suffering outside.

'Are you on the side now?'

'Nae.'

Then with all my strength I hit the doorknob and started breaking the door. I made a big hole enough to fit one person, I put the axe down and walk my way in the rooftop, I see _____ sitting while leaning her head and body on the wall, she looks so lifeless. I undress my jacket and wrap it to her, I hug her tightly to make her feel warm then I lift her up and help her to get inside.

'Thank you Donghae'

'You’re welcome, I'll take you home.'

'No~ my appa is mad at you right now, he shouldn't see you... see us together.'

'But what about you?'

'It’s still 11:30 pm, there are still bus roaming. Don't worry'

We walk our way out of the campus. I waited for her to get inside the bus then I started to take the opposite way.