XI

Rivalry Love

One Month Later
 

Donghae pov
 

I make my way to the kitchen to see my mum and dad smiling at me, they hand me a letter that must have come through the post. I unfold it and read what’s inside.

Lee Donghae and Park_____ School project
Professor Kim
A+

Well done! You deserve it.

A+! I got an A+! Me and ___ make a pretty good team. I wonder how she’s feeling right now. I’m so happy.

‘Congratulations Donghae.’

‘Thanks.’

‘Now you have no excuse to talk to _____ ever again. I bet you’re happy about that as well.’

‘Y-yeh of course I am.’

I go back to my room and lie on the bed, there’s no reason to talk to ____ anymore. My heart starts to hurt, no one wonder some people say they’ll never love again. The pain of not being able to talk to the person you love is unbearable. That’s right; I’ve fallen for ____, her smile, her charm, everything about her and now I can never even talk to her again.

‘Donghae!’

I go back downstairs to see my parents.

‘Yes Umma?’

‘You’ve become of age now. You’re getting married.’

‘Bwo?! Married? To who?’

‘Her name is Kim Ha Na; she’s the daughter of Kim’s electricals.’

‘But I don’t even know her.’

‘You will; you’re going on a date with her tonight, now go and get ready.’

_____ pov
 

This is too much information to handle, I have to ignore Donghae now for the rest of my life and I’m getting married to some complete stranger called Kim Chung-Ho. I might as well get ready. My phone rings and I answer it.

‘Ha Na? How are you?’ I speak to my childhood friend on the phone.

‘I’m good, listen I’m getting an arranged marriage and I heard you are too, can we go on a double date tonight please?’

‘O-Of course! I’ll see you tonight.’ I hang up and open my wardrobe.

Am I dreaming? Please can someone wake me from this nightmare. I can’t do it, I love Donghae.

Few hours later, Kim Chung-Ho arrived he’s handsome and he’s well mannered. I should try getting along with him. We went to the restaurant and I saw Ha Na. She’s gorgeous her fiancé must be very lucky.

‘Park _____ !’ Ha Na said

‘Kim Ha Na, how are you?’ I said as I gave her a hug. ‘This is Chung-Ho’.

‘Hi! Nice to meet you.’

‘Nice to meet you too’ Chung-Ho said

‘Where’s your partner?’ I asked.

‘He’s late.’

‘Aish~ on your first date? Tss’

‘It’s ok… oh! He’s here… Donghae oppa?’ Ha Na said. D-Donghae? Sheesh, maybe it’s not the Donghae I know. I turn my back and my world suddenly stops. ‘Donghae?’ I said, I can see that he’s shocked as well, he’s frozen to his place and didn’t move an inch. He’s staring at me from head to toe.

‘ You know each other?’ Chung-Ho said.

‘Oh yeah~ Donghae is the son of your Business’ rival, _____ ah’ Ha Na said.

‘Oh~ You own the Lee Company? That’s great.’ Chung-Ho said.

‘Aish~ Don’t fight here arasso?’ Ha Na said.

‘L-l-let’s take our sits.’ I said. I keep my head down while I can feel that Donghae staring at me. Faith is playing, there are many guys out there but why Donghae? Why him?

‘I’ll just go to the comfort room’ I said, I walk away from our place and go out for a while, I need some air. I can’t breathe to that place.

Few Minutes later someone came ‘Yah!’ I look at him and I saw Donghae with his hands in his pocket. ‘Is this the comfort room? It’s too exposed huh?’

‘Why are you here? They shouldn’t see us talking. I’ll go inside now.’ I am about to walk when Donghae stopped me, he hold my arm tightly. ‘Let go of me.’

‘Why are you acting like that? I thought we’re okay?’

‘We’re not okay, I just need to get along with you because of the project but now that it’s over, we can go back to what we really were when we first met. We’re rivals right?’ my tears are slightly forming, I shouldn’t let these tears fall, I shouldn’t let Donghae to see that I am hurt.

‘What are you talking about?! After all this time?’

‘Yea~ I was just pretending.’

‘Ok! But let me ask you a question. Do you love him?’

‘Eh? W-what about you? Do you love her?’

‘I asked you first so answer me first.’ But I didn’t answer him, I keep my head down and a tear fell from my eyes. I hope he didn’t see that.

‘No~ I don’t love her, I love someone else.’ He said then he let go of my arm and walk in the restaurant. By then I let go of my tears, it’s falling continuously. This is my fault! Why do I let myself to fall for him? He’s family is our rival, and his fiancé is my childhood friend. This is too much.