IV

Rivalry Love

‘Now all of you know who your partners are for the project, I expect a well prepared presentation for the class by the end of the month. Class dismissed.’

I walk out of the classroom to find Donghae waiting for me. I raise an eyebrow and look at him; this is going to be a long month.

‘Let’s go to the library for an hour to sort out what we’re doing.’

Before I can protest, Donghae grabs my arm and pulls me along the corridor; he drags me up the stairs and I trip a couple of times, after a minute or so we arrive at the library and sit on an empty table. Donghae walks off and comes back with about six or seven books in his arms. He drops them on the table and sits across from me; he hands me a book.

‘Skim through this and see if there is anything interesting.’ He is so bossy!

‘Do it yourself.’

‘I’m already looking through this book. You do it.’

‘I can’t be bothered.’

I slide the book along the table and smirk to myself in my head; it’s so fun to mess with him. I really can’t be bothered with this project especially because I’m doing it with some stubborn, pathetic immature idiot.

‘What did you just call me?’  Was I speaking out loud? Keke, this will be fun.

‘I said you’re a stubborn, pathetic immature idiot.’

‘If I’m an immature idiot, what are you?’

‘Hmmph.’

‘Hmmph? Is that the only comeback you have inside that hollow head of yours?’

‘Do they ever shut up on your planet?’

‘What? You mean the one you’re from?’

‘Hold on, let me just try and imagine you with personality.’

‘You’re such a charm to be with ___’

‘You two stop arguing or I’m going to have to make you leave.’

We turn around and look at the librarian; we bow our heads and apologize, we look around the library to see everyone looking at us, I let out a small giggle and look at Donghae who is smiling at me. I scowl at him and leave the library. I get to the gates of the school and turn to go home.

‘It’s pretty dark; do you want me to walk you home?’  I look at Donghae’s face.

‘You?! The arrogant Lee Donghae asking me to walk with him? whoa~ am I dreaming?’ I said and slap my face lighlty.

‘I am just kidding, you know.’

‘Yah~ don’t be too harsh. C’mon let’s go. I know you want it.’

‘You walk alone.’ He said as he started to take his way home opposite to mine.

‘Look at this boy! YAH! You dragged me to the library and because of you I am going home late, then you’ll just leave me here? So stupid’.

‘Call your driver!’ he said while walking away from me.

‘He’s on a day off!’ I yell, but he ignores me.

I walk my way to the bus stop then after few minutes the bus came. I get in and take my sit, the bus’ door was about to close when someone yelling from outside. ‘YAH WAIT!’ the bus waited for the man and when he gets in I was shocked to see Donghae. He sat next to me and I look at him with my questioning face.

‘Why are you here? Your house is just a hundred steps away.’

‘I am lazy to take a hundred steps today, that’s why.’ He said as he sits comfortably.

‘Hmmm, but this bus is taking the opposite way to your home, you should be on that way.’ I said as I pointed the back.

‘This bus will go back here for sure.’

‘Yea, I know but it will take a lot of time since it has many routes to take.’

‘Really? I should sleep for a while then.’ He said then he closes his eyes.

‘Just admit that you want to take me home.’ I whispered.

‘Bwo?!’ He said and he sits straight while looking at me.

‘Nothing.’ few minutes later... ‘This is my stop, see you tomorrow at the library 11am.’ I said and I smiled at him. Did I just smile at him? Oh no~

‘Okay.’ He smiles back. Did he just smile back at me? OH MY. Am I really dreaming? is this really happening?

 

Donghae POV

______ is right, it will really take a long time, I am the only one left here in the bus. Aish, I got home by 10 pm.

‘Son you’re here. Where did you go? It’s late.’

‘I took someone home.’

‘Girlfriend?’ Appa smiles at me

‘No! it’s ______, I took her home.’

‘Eh?! Did I hear right? ______? The daughter of our rivals?’

‘Nae…’

‘Why did you do that? I told you not to mingle with that girl!’ Appa said as his voice got higher and higher.

‘Appa calm down, I also didn’t want to do that, but I am just being a gentle man, I am the reason why she’s going home late because I dragged her to the school’s library, she’s my partner in our project!’

‘Partner?! Why you didn’t tell me?’

‘It’s fine appa! Don’t over react it will only take a month then I will ignore her FOREVER.’ I said as I emphasize the word forever.