Short drama

My shining star.

As usual, you would go home early but because of the event, you couldn’t go home. You had to follow Minseok to study at Lay’s house so did Jongdae and it is your first time to be in a group with Kris and Tao.

It is your and Jongdae first time come to Lay’s house. You walk with Lay and left Jongdae behind. He is a bit awkward to communicate with the hyungs.

‘’Yah Jihyo! Wait for me.’’ He run to you as he put his arms on your shoulder as soon he is besides you.

You nudge his stomach when he is beside you. ‘’Idiot.’’ You tongue out as you run to the bus stop.

He slighty chuckle as he run to catch you. ‘’Don’t run, you stupid.’’

Lay, Minseok and Luhan are speechless. ‘’They seem to be close now.’’ One of them speak up.

 

After 20 minutes, you finally reach to Lay's house with them. 

Your jaw drop; you and Jongdae are speechless when see his house. ‘’It is beautiful, hyung!’’ he beams.

Lay shake his head as he let out soft laugh. ‘’It just a house, my dear Jongdae.’’

All of men are in the house and you are the last person who walk into  his house. You are a bit shy when his mom is welcoming you.

‘’Are you his girlfriend?’’ she asks.

Lay and Minseok who are busy sipping juice choked when hear Lay’s mom says.

‘’No mom. He is umin’s girlfriend.’’ He pointed at Umin.

‘’Yah, It's not.’’ He nudges Lay’s arm as he is bit shy.

His mom grins. ‘’So who are you and this young man?’’ she points to Jongdae.

‘’Oh, both of them are my hoobaes. We will studies in my room.’’ Lay told his mom as he put his jacket down on the couch.

‘’In your room? This girl alone?’’ she asks; disbelief.

‘’Yes.’’

‘’No, you guys wait here. Auntie will prepare foods for you and just study in the living, okay?’’ she made OK sign to Umin and Luhan and the others.

‘’Okay Auntie. Do you want me to help you?’’ you hug Lay mom's arms as you want to help her.

But Jongdae quickly hold your wrist; shake his head not to help her but accompany him instead.

Lay’s mom chuckles, ‘’it’s okay my dear. I already have maid to help me. Just go rest on that couch.’’

Jongdae pulls your wrist as he doesn't want to let it go even though both of you are on couch. You lean your face nearer to his face; whispering ‘’yah, let my wrist go. I won’t leave you.’’

He turns his face to face you and that time, your face and his face were inches. You could feel his breath. ‘’I won’t let you go because I want you to stay beside me until we finish it.’’ He responds; doesn't move at all.

Your lips are trembling as you quickly turn you face to look the television, ‘’O-okay, up to you.’’ You are stuttering as you cheeks were getting red; blushing.

 

 

After of the oppas finish changing their cloths, they walk to the living room where only you and Jongdae are there. They bring the fruits.

‘’Here, have some.’’ Luhan offers some to you.

‘’Oh, pineapples. I love it’’ You take three pieces of pineapples and ate it.

‘’Err,’’ Chen make a face.

‘’It’s sweet, okay.’’ You smile as you enjoy the moments.

Jongdae looked at Minseok where he is busying take out the props and ideas to tell you.

‘’Hyung.’’ He called Minseok as he looks at him.

‘’What?’’ busying cleaned his beg.

‘’Why this kind of event exist?’’ he asks him and make you turn your face to know the answer.

‘’.. because the teachers who teach half singing and acting course class want to show their students’ talents. All of us already have the experience of being an actor. Like seriously, it was a great opportunity to be a winner. Plus, to tigthen the relationship between the sunbaenim and hoobae. Do you get it?’’

He nods as he understand it but you seem don’t get it. ‘’Wait, I didn’t get it.’’

Jongdae slightly chuckle, ‘’you stupid. Shut up. Let me ask him more.’’

You hiss as you want to knock his head with fork you hold to eat the pineapples.

‘’So, why do you pick us?’’ Jongdae asked him again; more serious this time.

‘’.. because I believe in Jihyo and there is nothing more.’’

‘’Are you sure, hyung?’’

‘’Very sure.’’

 

Then all of you sit in circle; Jongdae is sitting beside you and you are sitting beside Minseok. All of you are discussing in serious mood as you guys want to win this event but you couldn't focus or being serious and you are boring. 

All of you know the position in the drama as who would be director; the writer; the cameraman; make-up the actor and actress; in charger with the props.

After one hour discussing, all of you took a rest. You are leaning your back on the couch as your head then fall onto Chen’s shoulder.

‘’Hyung will this time, we win?’’ Tao asks Luhan as he wants to win the event for the first time.

‘’Yes, definitely.’’ He smiles as he put his hand on Tao’s shoulder.

‘’Look at her, are in deeply sleep.’’ Kris puckers his lips.

‘’So, can we go home now?’’ he askd.

‘’Yes, sure.’’ Kris said with styles.

 

 

As two days had passed, finally the day has come. All of the students are in hall; so the judges. All the participants are waiting at the backstage.

As each group would have a waiting room. Kris as the leader of your group, he met the teacher and the other leaders to take a number. ‘’I hope luck is on my side.’’ Kris prays.

‘’Okay, each of you take one.’’ Teacher said as she put 10 straws in the can.

‘’So who get number one, please get ready as fast as you can and the others can practice so it will be more real. Remember, we want the short drama that seem real and it is happen in real life too.’’ She says as she said goodluck to everyone.

Kris hurriedly back to the waiting room.

‘’Guys, guys. The number is on my hand!’’ Kris exclaimes.

‘’What? I mean, when our turn is?’’ Tao beams.

You sit on the couch while Tao helps you by touch-up something on your face so your face could be prettier than before. Jongdae is sitting beside you while reading the script again.

‘’Hyung, palli tell us.’’ Tao beams as he put red lipstick on your lips.

‘’Alright, we actually get..’’ he stops to make more susprise.

‘’What?’’ Minseok half excited and half annoyed.

‘’We are the last!’’ Kris exclaimes as he sit down on the chair; repair his hair. ‘’This is my style.’’ He says as he is talking in front of the mirror.

You are chuckling as you saw Kris acts like that. ‘’Lol, he is cute actually.’’

‘’Yes, indeed.’’ Tao beams.

‘’Hyung, isn’t the script a bit boring?’’ Jongdae says as he put the script down on the table.

‘’What do you mean?’’ Minseok asks him back nicely.

‘’Nah, I think our movement is a bit slow. I mean, our script is okay but the way I have to react is a bit.. yeah you know.’’

‘’Nah, it is not Jongdae. I’m sure it is okay.’’ Tao responds.

 

Every group would get 30 minutes to make their shot drama alive. So that’s mean, they have to know how to manage their time when on the stage.

After a long waited, the teacher come. She knocks the door but doesn't open it. ‘’Guys, get ready. Next, it will be your turn. Good luck. I have faith on you to win.’’

‘’Thanks teacher.’’ Luhan shouts as he is a bit worried.

‘’Okay, get up everyone. Let’s do cheer.’’ Lay stand up.

All the members gather around in circle, put their hands on your hand as your hand was on the under one. ‘’Okay, I hope this time our short drama will be the winner. I have faith on you guys.  Aja aja, hwaiting!’’ 

Then, the entire member walk out from the room so did you and Jongdae. ‘’Jihyo-ah.’’ Jongdae whispers as he put his hands on your shoulder.

‘’What?’’ you respond; don’t look at him as you are a bit worried too. You are afraid if you don't win.

‘’Don’t be shocked if I make something to make it more interesting, okay?’’ he softly chuckles.

‘’What are you going to do?’’ you stop from walking.

He pushs you; make you walk again. ‘’Just wait and see. I believe with myself.’’

You could not do anything as you could feel the positive energy from him. ‘’Okay, I believe you.’’

 

As you are on the stage; Kris is introducing your group because he is the leader after all.

‘’Jihyo, goodluck.’’ Minseok beams as he put his right hand on your shoulder. How he wishs he could hug you to give you spirit.

‘’Alright sunbaenum. Don’t worry.’’ You smile as you are getting ready beside Tao.

 

 

{ SHORT DRAMA}

[ THE SCENE : Jihyo and Tao are cousin.They are close. Tao bring her to the arcade as he wants to celebrate Jihyo's birthday. Both of them stop in front of café to buy ice cream because Jihyo wants to eat ice cream. Then she met back; someone who she loved so much and once broke her heart. Kris would be THE PERSON]

 

You hug Tao’s arms as both of you enter the café. Walk to the counter; look for the menu.

 

‘’Jihyoo-ah, what do you want? Oppa will treat you.’’  He ruffles your hair as he let out soft chuckles.

 

You put your thumb under your chin as think of what you want to order.

 

‘’I want chocolate ice cream and chocolate waffle.’’ You point to the person who in charger at the counter to take order.

 

‘’Anything else?’’ he asks Tao.

 

‘’Yes, one strawberry ice cream and I will share the waffle with her.’’ He smiles as he put his hand on your shoulder.

 

‘’Bills?’’ Tao asks him as he took out his wallet.

 

The person put the two ice creams and one waffle in front of them. He took the money from Tao as he gave him the balance of his money.

 

‘’Thank you for coming.’’ He smiles.

 

Soon, when they want to go out from the café; someone grab your wrist.

 

‘’Jihyo-ah.’’ He calls out your name; softly like the first time he called your name.

 

‘’You look so miserable.’’ Your heart said as you gaze him thoughtfully.

 

Tao nudges your arms and make you back to sense. ‘’Who are you? Let my hand off.’’

 

‘’I won’t let you go this time. It’s me. Your Chen,’’ he smiles as he shows the picture of yours and him.

 

’Sorry, there is no guy named Chen exist in my life.’You stop as you take the picture he hold and tore it into pieces. You continued, ‘’Let’s go oppa.’’ You pull Tao’s wrist.

 

He fall on the ground; as he is kneeing; begging you to forgive him.

 

‘’Jihyo-ah. I’m so sorry. I am so sorry for leaving you without saying anything. I am sorry for hurting you heart.’’ Tears track on his cheeks;

 

You stop as you could hear him begging; begging for you to forgive him. Your eyes start to full with tears as you hold it from fell on your cheeks.

 

‘’There is no sorry, Chen. You have to feel what I feel. You have to know how frustrated I am when you leave me.’You stop; couldn’t continue your words.

 

He stands up; wipes his tears. ‘’I have my own reason for leaving you. Please hear what my reason.’’

 

‘’Your reason would be as excuses.’’ Tao turns his back; facing him and punchs him at his face.

 

 

All the students silence; as they were trying to get the feeling.

 

 

You quickly stop Tao from hurting him; deep deep in your heart; you still love him but you want him to learn from his mistakes.

 

‘’Oppa, stop. Let’s go.’’ You tried to stand up as you grab Tao’s wrist.

 

But before you could stand up; Jongdae hold your hands. You look at him; his eyes are begging to listen what he is about to say.

 

‘’Okay, what is your reason.’’ You calmly ask him as you stand up and help him up too.

 

He clears his throat, and face you; made eyes contact with you but you quickly put your eyes down. ‘’It’s happened when my mom was passed out in my house when she wanted to cook. My auntie, friend of my mother, bring her to the nearest hospital and after that, doctor told us that my mother had been infected cancer at level 4 which is could take her life anytime. Before she died, she told me once that she liked you but she already made promises with my girlfriend’s mom to make her daughter to be my wife. I was almost like crazy man when had to let you go just because of her last wishes.’He stopped.

 

‘’Then, what happened to your mom?’’ Tao asks him; almost crying.

 

‘’My mom passed after two weeks in hospital where that time it was one week I broke up with Jihyo. After my mom passed; my girlfriend didn’t call me after all. Her mother only came at my mom grave and didn’t treat me like his future son in law. The fact she wanted to marry her daughter with me was she wanted half of our wealthy. It’s hurt when I knew the truth that my girlfriend was already engaged with his old boyfriend after 4 days my mom passed away. Since then, I have nobody.’’ He stops; wipe his tears that fall on his cheek.

 

‘’Ever since then; I realised I have nobody; nobody to take care of me or give me their love. As I looked up the sky above when at night, I remembered you when we were holding hands together; sat under the black sky where lots of star were there and I saw there was one shining star hanging up on the sky and that shining star is you. I became miserable like this when I got knew from my friends that you already forgot about me and have new man in your life. Now, I am here; asking for you to forgive me and let’s get back.’’ He stops; grabs your hands as looks at you.

 

You lower your head as you are happy but in the same time you’re sad; sad because Tao might hurt.’I’m sorry Jongdae. My life; my love for you is gone. You are nothing to me anymore. You are just my past. I have already had this man, the person beside me, Tao.’’

 

You pull your hands away from his grips as you turn your back to walked out from the café.

 

One step you take; you stop when he says, ‘’why did I  feel like you do not love this man? Why did I feel that you lie to me? Why I feel that you are still hoping on us? Why Jihyo-ah?

 

‘’No, you are wrong. It is your wishes. I am happy with him. Sayonara Jongdae. Take care of yourself.’’ You tell him as tears fall on your cheeks; non-stop.

 

One step you take  again; swiftly he grabs your wrist; interlorked your finger; put his other hand on your waist and kiss you as the other hand was holding your head.

 

Tears finally fall down on your cheeks. 

 

‘’Yah, she is mine.’’ Tao yells.

 

All the students are speechless. They couldn’t believe you guys actually kissing in the hall; in front the judges and the other student.

 

 

After 30 second passed, he let out soft chuckled. ‘’See you still have feeling on me.’’ he wipes the tears on your cheeks.

 

You chuckled as you hug him. You softly whisper, ‘’No, I am not. He is my cousin, actually. ' You chuckle.

 

He replies as he hugs you; more tighten, ‘’I love you.’he softly whispers ''Luckily he isn't yours. You are mine.'' He kisses your forehead.

 

[THE END]

 

All the people in the hall are silence in minute. Soon, the emcee claps her hands so did everyone else. They are very speechless as they could feel the aura from the short drama.

‘’Okay, time the judges to decide who will be the winner.’’ The emcee said.

 You are a bit shy after what Chen did on the stage just now.

‘’Yah, what are you doing? Why on earth you kiss her? I never state it in the script!’’ Minseok exploded as he almost hit Jongdae but Luhan stops him from doing so.

‘’I just do like what I feel right.  Don’t worry. Our lips didn’t even touch.’’ Chen chuckles.

‘’Don’t you dare do like that again.’’ Luhan gave him warn.

‘’Guys, I was the one who agree if he wanted to do. If we win, you guys should take to him.’’ You hold Minseok's hand; to calm him down.

 

After 30 minutes waited, all the participants are on the stage as the judges have their own decision. The emcee announce the result as your group and Jiyeon’s group are the only group she doesn’t call out yet.

‘’Okay, there is only two group left. Let’s the judges tell the result. How is about that?’’ the emcee said.

‘’Yes.’’ All the students shout.

One of the judges take the microphone and clears his throat. ‘’Uh-hum, all the actor and actress from the both group are doing their best on the stage. But, there is one group that made my heart fluttered so did the other judges. Their short drama seems real and their tears seem real too. Their acting seem so real and it seem like they are a real couple. So, I have made the decision, to pick SONG JIHYO AND KIM JONGDAE COUPLE AND GROUP TO BE A WINNER OF THIS EVENT FOR THIS YEAR. GIVE THEM BIG APPLAUSE.’’ He gave them a big applause as he stood up.

 As you are announce to be the winner of this event; the first person you hug is Jongdae. He does the same too as he hugs you in front of the students. You don't realised that you hug him first.  As you saw his face, you quickly brake the hug and take the prize.

You are running to the waiting room and hug Minseok first than the other sunbaenims. You softly whisper, ‘’we win and you should say thanks to Jongdae.’’

Then you hug the other sunbaenim as all of you are celebrating it.

‘’Wait, wait was the prize?’’ Luhan asks as he couldn’t wait.

‘’I don’t know. He says we need to go to Sir Park’s office.’’ Jongdae told him as he is happy when the sunbaenim also thank him. 

 

Before you go home; all the members decide to go to Sir Park’s office.

Minseok knocks the door. ‘’Sir. This is us.’’ He says nicely.

‘’Oh come in.’’

Luhan and Minseok sit on the chair that is in front of his table.

‘’So sir. What is the prize?’’ Tao quickly ask him as he could not wait to know.

He softly chuckles. ‘’You guys will have a trip for 4 days and three nights. I will tell the details tomorrow because the date is tomorrow. So tonight, pack your stuff. There is one free ticket. You can bring anyone you want.'' 

‘’Wait, if that’s case. Lay hyung should take it.’’ Jongdae give the idea

‘’Why me?’’ Lay asks him blankly.

‘’Because,  Minseok hyung with Luhan hyung. Kris Hyung with Tao and me with Jihyo. So, only you didn’t have partner yet.’’

‘’Why I have to be your partner again?’’ Jihyo nudges his arms.

‘’.. because you are my partner now.’’ He smiles as he put his arm on your shoulder.