Be his partner

My shining star.

As the acting class was over, you hurriedly walk out from studio. Minseok follows you from back as he cares about you.

You took a book to read as you want to calm your mind. You are trying to control your mind.

Soon, someone come with a smile on his face as he sit in front of you.

You lift up your head to look that person. ‘’Oh, what are you doing here?’’

‘’.. to look for you and take care of you.’’ He smiles brightly.

You cover your face with your book; shy to face with him because of your eyes, still fill with tears.

He lifts down your book so your eyes could meet his eyes. ‘’Don’t cry again, hoobae. Here.’’ He lent his handkerchief  to you so you can wipe your tears.

You take it as you as you wipe your tears. ‘’Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.’’ You smile.

You straighten your body as your hands in the air. ‘’I feel good after let it out.’’

‘’Yes, you even slap Chen.’’ He said; chuckled.

‘’Did i?’’ You asked him back with shock face

‘’Hardly.’’

‘’Man, I’m dead.’’ You hit your forehead with your palm.

‘’But, thanks to your action, both of you including Jiyeon would not have to come her class for two times. Oh heaven.’’ He said as he turns to other pages the book he is reading.

‘’But, I..’’ you are stuttering.

‘’You didn’t mean, right?’’ That’s okay. I’m sure he is fine.’’ He says.

‘’Wait, do you know where he is now?’’ you ask him as you thought of something.

‘’Yes, people said he would spend his time at the stair.’’ He looked at you as he knew what you want to do, ‘’want to go to him?’’

‘’Yes. Talk to you later, Minseok-ah.’’ You wave your hand to him; left him dumbfounded.

 

Jongdae lean on the floor where other students would walk at the stair. His luck, no one would dare to walk there anymore ever since people knew that area is his area.

He closes his eyes as he put his palm on his eyes to cover up from people; indeed he is crying.

Before you go to Jongdae, you stop at the café to buy two cans of coffee; you are addicted with coffee.

You walk slowly as you see a man; leaning on the floor as he is sick of something. You hesitantly to disturb him but because of what you did in studio, you walk to him bravely.

You put two cans of coffee you bought just now beside his cheeks. You sit down beside him as you took one of the cans and sip it.

Jongdae could hear someone is busy sipping coffee as he is on his world. He startled upon his opened his eyes. ‘’What are you doing here, you idiot?’’

He quickly sit up and changed his position to face you.

‘’Are you crying?’’ you ask him as you could see his eyes are still teary.

‘’I’m not.’’ He says as he wipes his eyes.

‘’Don’t lie. Hm, did I slap you hardly?’’ you ask; lower your eyes as you feel guilty to meet his eyes.

He chuckles as he put his hand on his cheek, ‘’yes, very hard. Can you see this? My pretty cheek is being hurt by pretty yet stupid lady.’’ He slighty laugh.

‘’Damn you call me stupid lady. I am not stupid lady but gorgeous lady.’’ She slighty chuckle. ‘’Here.’’ You lent the coffee you bought for him.

‘’For me?’’

‘’No, it is for me.’’ You stopped. ‘’Are you dumb? Of course it is for you.’’

‘’No, I am not. It just quite rare for you to buy something for me.’’ He says as he opens to sip it.

‘’It just a coffee, didn’t cost a lot.’’

‘’.. but thanks.’’ A smile curve on his face.

‘’His smile, why I feel like I have seen that smile before.’’ You are wondering as you sipping the coffee.

He nudges your arms and make you back to your sense. ‘’Huh?’’ you look at him; blankly.

‘’Nothing stupid.’’ He ruffles your hair for the first time.

That time you could feel your friendship isn't like cat and dog anymore. You look at him with evil smiled, ‘’I should save your number as stupid yet jerk boy.’’

He slighty chuckled. ‘’stupid yet jerk boy? Do you even have my number?’’

You laugh as you made yourself looked more stupid in front of him. ‘’Nope. I don’t have.’’

‘’See you are more stupid than me.’’ He giggles.

‘’Why are you sitting here?’’ you ask him as you changed the topic.

‘’What do you mean?’’

‘’People said that you are not in a good mood too.’’

He heaved a big sigh. ‘’It is my family problem.’’

‘’Mind to share with me?’’ you ask him nicely.

‘’Can I believe you?’’

‘’Yes, absolutely.’’ You smiled as you made pinky promise with him.

He heaved a sigh again. He stands up; watch the blue sky.

‘’My dad, he has his own company but he can’t take care it anymore. It will list as bankrupt company. If that happen, what will happen to my mom, my sis and me? I don’t use to live in poor situation.’’

You nod as you don’t get what the point is. ‘’So, why are you being so uneasy?’’

‘’Don’t you get it? Once my dad lost his company, our life would be totally different. I might can’t studies here anymore and more worst is, our family might to move out from our house. Do you know? Someone made a story saying my dad bribery from rich men. But I don’t ing believe that. I know my father.’’ 

You stand up and stand beside him; closely to him. You look him as you smile. ‘’Jongdae-ah. My father had said this once before I was going to sleep even though I was still a kid; he would write in my diary what he had say to me. ‘’Don’t worry if people are trying bring you down. You can start from the lower one until the higher one. Once you on that level, face them with all of your courage. But remember, don’t be selfish yet arrogant.’’

‘’But you didn’t know what I feel right now.’’

‘’Because I knew, I told you.’’ You smile

‘’So, how was your father company?’’

You softly chuckled, ‘’My real father already passed away. He is gone when I was a kid. I missed him but I couldn’t remember his face.’’ Tears fell on your cheeks.

He shocks seeing your crying; he is hesitated to calm you down or not. As he was about to put his arms on your shoulder; you wipe your tears and smile, ‘’my grandpa told me don't think to much about a person who has gone... forever.’

He swiftly covers what he is going to do by ruffle his hair. ‘’Ha ha ha, yes that’s right.’’ He fakely smiles.

‘’Okay Jongdae. I will go now. Thanks for sharing your problem. Meet you in class.’’ You wave as you walk to your class.

 

 

In your class, are loud as usual. The girls are keep talking while the boys are throwing papers to disturb the girls; some are sleeping; reading books; listening the songs.

‘’Yah Jiyeon, are you not angry?’’ Hyomin asks her.

‘’Angry? For what?’’

‘’Nah, when you have to act, that girl throwing water on your face.’’ She says.

‘’I wish I can mad but too bad, like you say, we are acting.’’

‘’But that just too overload.’’ Hyomin stops as she see you walk into the class. ‘’Look, that girl.’’

As soon you put your on your pretty chair, a group of spoil girl come. ‘’Hey you.’’ Hwayoung calls you as she is knocking the table.

‘’What?’’ you glare at her; not in very good mood. 

‘’Are you not going to say sorry?’’

‘’For what?’’

‘’For throwing water on Jiyeon’s face.’’

You slighty laugh, ‘’I just throw a water not real Americano.’’

‘’It still same.’’

‘’No it doesn’t. Like I say, I just throw a water; plain water on her face.’’

‘’and because of that, you need to say sorry for.’’

‘’But I didn’t do anything wrong.’’

She put her hand at back of her neck, ‘’You got me on my nerve. She is your senior. At least you should say sorry to her. As a junior, you should respect your senior’’

You heaved a sigh as you looked at her; directly made eyes contact ‘’isn’t she should thank me for making she would not have to come to Miss Park Minyoung’s class on Saturday? She even can sleep for how long she wants.’’

Before she could say other words, Minseok comes as he is angry that people are disturbing you. ‘’What are you doing here?’’

‘’I want to talk with her. Don’t disturb us.’’Hwayoung says.

‘’Just go away. I don’t have mood to hear what you want to say.’’ Lay says as he is tired hearing the girls’ talking.

‘’This is girls’ matter, don’t disturb please.’’

‘’Like you said, junior should listening their senior. So I as you senior ask you nicely to go to your place before I'm exploded.’’ Luhan says coldly.

She rolls her eyes as she walks to her place. She hissed as she annoyed with Luhan who is pretty boy.

‘’Why are you not going to say sorry to Jiyeon?’’ Minseok asks.

‘’I just.. I don’t want.’’

‘’If you don’t want, I will.’’ Lay stand up as he was about to go to Jiyeon.

You quickly hold his wrist, ‘’if you go, I will hate you.. forever.’’

Lay quickly sit.

 

The homeroom teacher come in as he is so in happy mood. ‘’Okay class.’’ He stopped; sit at his place; look all of his students.

‘’So the first event for this year is acting season. Only our class and acting course class can enter this event. There is only one winner.’’

‘’So, when will it start?’’ one of the students ask.

‘’Two days before today.’’ he smiles

‘’So soon.’’ Hwayoung responds.

‘’So, I have already pick the actress and actor that will be in this event. So, first partner is Hoya and Eunji couple. Next one is, Yonghaw and Dasom couple. The third partner is Minhyuk and Krystal. The forth partner is Sungyeol and Suzy couple and the last one; the luckiest couple from our class is going to be; both of them have great skills…’’

As you hear have great skills, you could feel that he would call your name with Jongdae. You look at Jongdae and so does he. Both of you could feel it.

‘’And that last partner would be Song Jihyo and Kim Jongdae couple!’’ he claps his hand as he is so happy.

‘’WHAT?’’ both of you are not satiesfied with the random pick. 

 

As time flies, the meeting was over. Every group has their own story to show. ‘’Goodluck every one.’’

You hissed as you looked at Jongdae, ‘’why I must be your partner. Huh’’

He nudges your arms, ‘’like I want to be your partner.’’