Exposure

Hide and Seek

Since Jongin was gone for the week now in order to promote in China, you decided to stroll around Myeondong to shop a little.
You entered the huge Lotte department store, as you noticed a whole k-pop merchandise section for EXO already.
Even though they hadn't officially released a video with all members singing yet, they were already highly anticipated.

You saw girls squealing over posters of the members and curiously looked for one of Jongin.
Samples of the many different scans were scattered across the wall and you saw a poster of Jongin where he looked unreasonably hot. Somehow feeling utterly excited all of the sudden, you grabbed that particular one and also a big hoodie that had the bizarre EXO logo print on front. You didn't know if you'd wear it, but thought that you needed to support your boyfriend and the other members in every way possible.

Just when you approached the cashier to pay the merch, you felt how some girls turned to you and started whispering. Irritated, you threw them a look and they immediately fell silent. You looked at them confused, handed the store employee your goods and paid.
As you passed the girls that had turned to you before, you could make out some words.
"I swear, that IS her", they whispered agitatedly and fumbled with their phones. You started walking slower as you were honestly curious about whom they were mistaking you for, as the group of girls gasped in common. You paused and looked at them.
"It really is her", they continued mumbling and looked at you, first irritated, then turning into envy. You didn't know what was happening.

As they would not let you see their phone, you pretented to look around once more to get a chance to catch a glimpse of the display.
You threw a quick look on it and paused in your move, scared to death.
The girls were now certain that you were the person they believed you to be and started taking photos of you. Automatically, you lifted your hands to hide your face and rushed out of the store.

The photo they had been looking at was the one taken of you and Jongin at the Italian restaurant, as he held your hands. And your face was clearly visible in those. They somehow must have gotten uploaded on the internet.

 

You didn't go home, as you now had the feeling of being followed everywhere and instead, went to Hanna's place, hoping she'd be home.
Hectically, you repeatedly rang her doorbell and without asking who was standing in front of the door, Hanna opened the door.
You got on the elevator and pressed the "16" so harshly that you feared it'd come off any moment.
As soon as the elevator doors opened a tiny crack, you stumbled out of it, directly to Hanna's door and slammed the door behind you.
Hanna, who didn't notice your temper at first, was laying on her couch in leisurewear, carelessly eating a bag of chips.
"What's up", she said, her eyes on the TV screen.
"Hanna, I have a problem!", you exclaimed, tossing your bag and coat onto her kitchen counter. Startled by your outrage, she sat up straight and threw you an anxious gaze. She hastily waved you over to the couch with her hand, throwing the bag of chips on the couch table.
You plopped down beside her and exhaled frustrated.
"What happened? Oh my god, you look like you've just seen a ghost", Hanna said, sounding upset. She started patting your back.
"Do you remember the day when the very first EXO teaser played all around the city? The one of Jongin", you started and Hanna nodded, listening attentively. "On that day, Jongin and I went to the Italian restaurant I like so much, and ... there were fangirls that took pictures", you finished the sentence. Hanna eased up a bit. "So what? Nothing has happened since then, I guess they didn't recognize you", she tried to comfort you.
"No! I went to Lotte in Myeongdong today and there were these girls that recognized me ... They even had this picture where Jongin and I are eating and holding hands at the restaurant! And if that isn't enough, they took pictures of me today at the store! I believe they've already uploaded them, saying that I am his GIRLFRIEND!", you burst out desperately.
Not knowing what to say to that, Hanna hurled you into her arms and comforted you as you tried hard not to tear up. You heard her cursing quietly under her breath.

If you were to be revealed, then Jongin could be thrown out the band, the dream he'd worked 4 years for. Additionally, you didn't even want to think of what he'd say to you when he were to find out. Punching your thighs with your fists repeatedly, you panted for air and uselessly tried to swallow the lump in your throat.

Hanna decided that she couldn't let you go home in this state of mind and put out a second blanket and pillow for you so you could spend the night. You watched TV until late after midnight to distract your mind from this afternoon. Hanna scuffled out of her bedroom several times sleepy, asking you to sleep, as she was worried about you. Some time around 3 am, she finally turned off the TV and dragged you to the bedroom, where she curled up while having her arm resting across your shoulders. She fell asleep almost immediately after laying down, whilst you tossed and turned and just couldn't find peace. You looked on your phone and were relieved when you saw that you had not received new texts. You were scared that Jongin would see pictures or anything like that on the internet, exposing you as his girlfriend. You knew that it could ruin his career and reputation and yours as well.

When you were almost asleep, you heard your phone blowing up. Alerted, you sat up and looked on the screen. It wasn't a call, but a text. When you saw the sender, your heart stopped beating. It was from Jongin. Shivering tremendously, you opened the message and read the few words he sent you:

"I saw the pictures. What the hell."