At the Village III

Hide and Seek

"How did you like your Miso soup?", Kim Woobin asked while he led you down a road, heading towards the bus station.
"It was amazing, and the Tamagoyaki was too!", you said enthusiastically.

After the two of you had finished breakfast, Kim Woobin had paid for the meal and on the way down to the road, he had bought two ice-creams for the way. When you both finished eating the dessert, Woobin naturally laid his arm around your shoulder. You didn't know if it was a merely friendly or a flirtatous move, but also didn't really care. It just felt too great to question it.

"Tell me where we're going!", you said and softly hit his chest with your fist. For the first time, you heard him laughing out loud.
"Woah! Okay, now I'm not telling you anymore!", he said and playfully smiled at you.
"Ey, that's mean! You could just be kidnapping me right now!", you replied in an outraged voice.
Woobin sighed dramatically and pulled you closer to him while nuzzling you. It was a coy but gentle gesture and you felt guilty about the way he made you feel. You both laughed and your problems and worries had never seemed further away.

Just on time, you made it to the bus stop. Woobin jumped the bus and stopped when he saw you hesitating.
"Come on!", he said and waved you in with his hand. You were pretty sure he would want to show you Osaka, though you didn't really feel like having city life around you right now. Woobin sighed and smiled and then grabbed your hand and pulled you onto the bus.
"Trust me."

You sat down in the back of the bus and Woobin immediately got out his earphones, naturally handing you one of them.
You noticed that he must love music since he would always listen to music whenever he could. He also liked talking about it a lot.
Just like the time on the plane, he now started pointing out part of songs and his face lit up with enthusiasm.

Even though you had gotten up just a while ago, you started dozing off. Woobin noticed and chuckled.
"You just got up, little bird", he said, moved closer and put your head on his shoulder. You quickly looked down your body to make sure that you hadn't died and gone to heaven. You just couldn't believe what was happening. You let your head rest on his strong shoulder and comfortably closed your eyes while continuing to listen to music with him.
The ride was a little over two hours but you could have sat on the bus with this guy forever. He softly shook you to wake you up and then you got off. You were in the city of Osaka.

"I know you don't want to be in a city, but hold on. I'm taking you to a special place where you won't notice", Woobin said, took your hand and led you to a subway station. You were excited where he would take you since all his recommndations turned out to be amazing so far.

After another 30 minutes you got off and you weren't disappointed.
Woobin jumped in front of you and spread his arms. Behind him, a huge, incredible park behind a big entrance arch extended. "Welcome to the Sumiyoshi shrine!"
Both of you entered through the arch and you were surprised that there weren't even many people around. You saw an old woman playing saxophone on the broad tiled walkway and another man was doing calligraphy with water. Other than a few tourists here and there, nobody really was around. You couldn't believe that this shrine was only 30 minutes from the Osaka city center, since you couldn't hear anything besides singing birds and the wind going through the trees. This was your definition of peacefulness.
"This is amazing", you said softly while looking around. Woobin was a few metres behind you, you could feel his gaze resting on you.
You walked further and admired the atmosphere. The old man doing calligraphy greeted you in Korean as you walked past. You greeted back respectfully and stopped for a while to look at his work. When you walked further towards the shrine, Woobin stepped beside you and gently laid his arm around your shoulder again. He had his other hand in his jeans pocket and had his eyes on the shrine in front of you. There was no need to exchange words now.

After you had looked at and into the shrine, both of you decided to lay down in a shadowy spot on the lawn.
Woobin sighed after a while. "I have to go back tomorrow morning", he said.
"Tight schedule?", you asked.
"Yep. I actually don't even have vacation days right now, but I postponed some appointments", he said and chuckled.
"Well I'm glad you could!"
Woobin tilted his head in your direction and smiled at you. His eyes sparked and made your head spin. You could do nothing but smile back. His face turned a little more serious as he engaged you in one of his irresistible looks. You could catch curiosity but also sadness in them, as if he didn't want to either leave Japan or you. You felt flattered but were also sad. Just as fast as this had begun, it would come to an end again. Woobin sighed once again. Then his face lit up again.
"Let's take a picture", he said and got out his phone. He put his arm in your neck and held the phone directly above you.
"One, two, aaaand smile!", he yelled and you both gave your best smile.
"Send me that!", you said excitedly when you looked at it. It turned out to be actually really nice. He saved your number and sent you the picture.

"Ok, enough with being lazy! Time to get up, little bird. I have the feeling that you like sleeping, huh?", Woobin said playfully as he got up. You exaggeratedly stretched and pretended to yawn. Woobin laughed loudly and before you could even move another inch, you felt his arm in the hollows of your knees and around your back as he lifted you in an instant. You screamed while you laughed as he twirled you as if you were weightless. His steel body against yours made you breathless and you never wanted to leave this place.
He put you back on your feet. "Ready for some Osaka now?", Woobin exclaimed and spread his arms again.

"Let's do it", you said with a huge smile on your face. It grew even wider when Woobin put his arm where he always put it, softly around your shoulders.