Showcase

Hide and Seek

Sehun's POV

The showcase in China was a big success, as the Chinese fans were excited about a Korean band singing in their native language.
Sehun noticed that the Chinese group members were more popular among the crowd, which was comprehensible.

The other members and he were sitting in their backstage lounge area, as they had just finished the show. Exhausted, the guys dried their wet faces with towels while gulping water bottles within seconds. Some of them were chatting, while others checked and updated their Social Networks with their phones. It was already late, but after a successful show like that, the boys didn't want to go to sleep yet.

"Let's go to a bar and have some Soju", Chanyeol exclaimed agitatedly, making the tired members sigh aloud. Slowly, one after another got up, dried their face once more and eventually agreed to accompany Chanyeol.
Not all of them went, as Kyungsoo left early to go back to the hotel, and Luhan wanted to visit his family since they were in his home town Beijing. He was excited like a child when he could finally see his parents again after such a long time of training in Seoul.

The ten remaining boys went to the Sanlitun district, where many small and also some international bars could be found.
Chanyeol rushed into a Korean bar as soon as he had spotted it, while the Chinese members stopped walking and looked after him.
"We're in China, we should go to something traditional", Lay yelled after Chanyeol. He already touched the door handle, as he turned and saw that he was the only one rushing to the Korean bar. Crestfallen, he came back and agreed on another bar next to it.

He noticed that they didn't offer Soju and pouted disappointed, only to be the first to order a Tsingtao beer enthusiastically. The other members chuckled at his split personality and followed suit ordering.

The evening was nice and all the members were in a good mood due to the successful showcase and the good Chinese beer.
Sehun spotted how Kris had his phone on the table in front of him, repeatedly checking for updates. Everytime his screen remained blank, he seemed more puzzled about it. Sehun instantly thought of him waiting on Hanna to text him.

He had noticed how Kris had been truly amazed by her appearance the one time she had helped him carrying the coffee to the practice room. He had understood why; since Hanna was seriously dazzling. But Sehun couldn't help not getting along with her. He thought that she was really difficult and didn't behave very womanlike. But since Sehun met her on a regular basis, he could do nothing else besides accepting her nature.
"Who are you waiting on", Sehun teased Kris, who immediately looked at him in embarrassment. The members caught up on the conversation and started watching him curiously.
"No one", he said indifferently and turned his phone display-down on the table.
"I don't believe you!", Baekhyun, probably the bubbliest person on earth, exclaimed and grabbed his phone like a professional thief.
"HEY!", Kris yelled, desperately trying to get his phone back.
Baekhyun turned his back to him and defended his stolen goods by using his back as a shield, when he got onto Kris' Social Network. He opened QZone and quickly searched through posts of his befriended people.
Baekhyun chuckled childishly while intruding into Kris' privacy, who didn't find the idea very amusing. Just when Kris had the chance to snatch his phone back, Baekhyun's laughter froze and turned into a shocked frown while he stopped Kris' flailing arms with his hand.
The members noticed the look on his face and were alerted instantly.
"What's the matter?", Suho asked. Baekhyun slowly turned to the group, a second later staring at Jongin.
"Jongin, you might wanna look at this", he uttered numbly and handed the phone over to Jongin, who was sitting next to Sehun.
The guys gathered around him and caught a glimpse of the display, Sehun included.
Sehun saw a picture of Jongin's girlfriend at some department store, looking earnestly confused. It was a stream of photos, the first showing her complete face, the second and third showed her hiding her face and the fourth how she eventually fled the scene.
Under the photo stream, there was a photo of Jongin and her holding hands at some restaurant, on which her face was clearly visible. Sehun's eyes went from the upper to the lower photo and he couldn't deny that it was the same person.
He saw under the post, that it had already been shared over 20,000 times, as he saw the most upvoted comments.
"This is Kai's girlfriend! At Lotte Myeongdong"
"Girlfriend KIM JONGIN'S in Myeongdong"
"That brat is EXO Kai's girlfriend!!! She's not even pretty!!!"
"I hate her, what is she thinking, taking Kai away from us??"
"I wanna slap this girl in the face."
The comments went on as Sehun thereupon felt an overwhelming sympathy for you. It was obvious that these girls had caught you in a situation that you hadn't understood. Sehun peered at Jongin who, paralyzed, handed Kris his phone back. Sehun expected him to sink down in frustration or getting his phone out to call you, but instead, his face turned into a mask of anger as he got up and left the bar, slamming the door shut behind him. Sehun gazed into the group of guys startled as they still had their eyes on the bar door.

Sehun decided to follow Jongin, as he was worried about his close friend. When he stepped outside, the streets were almost empty, as it was a Sunday and already late at night. He saw Jongin walking up and down the street, panting like crazy. He stomped his feet on the ground and had his hands on his hips. Sehun wanted to approach him, just when Jongin hissed helplessly, pulled his phone out and typed something on it hectically. As soon as he sent it, he tossed his phone on the floor, causing its display to crash into pieces. Sehun flinched as he saw this kind of behavior, but approached Jongin regardless. He didn't know what to say, but as soon as he stood in front of him, Jongin started cursing at himself. Sehun did nothing other than listen to him, hoping to comfort him through his presence.

Jongin picked up his phone as he saw it lit up. His display was completely destroyed, but the phone was working the same as before. He looked at it for a second and seemed to had gotten an answer on his text. He hissed in despair and ultimately, struck out and slung his phone meters away from him.
Sehun cringed again and then, grabbed his friend's shoulders, holding him still. He thought that Jongin would calm down, but instead he grabbed Sehun's arms and shoved him away.
"Don't touch me", he said quietly, his eyes glaring with rage.
"Jongin, this is not her fault. She didn-"
"Shut up, Sehun!", Jongin interrupted Sehun and eventually turned around to leave. He passed his destroyed phone without looking down and disappeared behind a corner. Sehun hissed and went back inside, as nine pairs of eyes were watching him tautly.
"He left", Sehun ground out.

The members felt bad for Jongin and also pitied themselves as well, as this could have a negative influence on their debut and band in general. On the other hand, they somehow thought that it was justified, since all of them signed the same contract where they obligated themselves to stay single during the active years. Of course, they could meet women, but Jongin lived with his girl. It was destined to be found out, the members had agreed.
Sehun tried to side with Jongin in this matter, as he'd known your for the entire time of your relationship and thought that it was a perfect match. Of course, Jongin had to get up earlier in the morning and came home later than they did, since he didn't live in the dorms with them, but as soon as he was always fit and working as hard as he'd always been, Sehun didn't see any reason to prohibit the relationship.

After this incident, the good mood was ruined and the members decided to head back to the hotel.
Just as they tried to catch a cab, they saw someone cowering in the corner of the street. When they looked closer, they recognized Jongin.
And as he looked up, the members flinched.

Jongin had a black eye, his skin was covered in bruises and his face was drenched in blood.