Pride

Hide and Seek

Hanna's POV

Hanna was trendscouting in Gangnam and found a lot of stylish people to shoot today, but she couldn't concentrate on her work. Her photos were not taken from the right angle and some were even blurred.
Sighing, she put her camera back into her purse and decided to take the rest of the day off. Thank God she worked flexitime.
When she had grabbed herself a black coffee and wanted to sit down to look at the pictures again, she overheard some girls' conversation.
"Yes, I saw that online, oh my god!! I can't believe a fan would hit her!", one girl said outraged.
"I know, but she deserved it! She sat in the middle of the hall like she's some famous person, when in fact, she just happened to date Kai. I mean, that doesn't give her the right to just take everything from the fans!", the other girl responded.
Hanna knew immediately that they were talking about her best friend and lunged at them.
"Who got hit?!", she asked hectically. It was obvious that her behavior freaked the girls out, as they hesitantly handed their phone to Hanna.
Hanna saw an article about you, saying that you got hit during the Super Show in Jakarta.
"Who hit her? How did this happen?", Hanna pushed the girls further.
"Well... We heard that some fan threw a glass bottle at her that hit her head. But we don't know that for sure..."
"These crazy bastards!", Hanna yelled and rushed out of the coffee shop, leaving the girls behind startled.

As soon as she got on the metro back home, she called you. After three tries, she gave up and assumed that you were still knocked out or something. She hissed enraged, making the people around her stare at her.
She knew that you were in a difficult position ever since SM officially announced you as Jongin's girlfriend, and she also hadn't seen you a lot after that anymore. You didn't want the fans to know where your friends lived, so you avoided to visit Hanna at her home.
But this was definitely too much! Hanna was worried so much that she went to the next corner store to buy a packet of cigarettes. She didn't smoke normally, but she needed something to calm her nerves right now.

She sat down on a bench in the park close to her apartment and lit a cigarette. The older man next to her looked at her outraged and started trouncing. Hanna just looked at him and then, blew smoke right into his face to provoke him. The man got up indignantly, cursed her out and stomped away.
Hanna didn't care. She could purchase these cigarettes, so why could she not smoke them anywhere?
Once more, she tried calling you, but she was only connected to the voicemail. She wanted to throw her phone away.
How did these "fans" dare hurting you to the extent that there could be some serious damage? The fans weren't human anymore, they were monsters.

Back at home, Hanna had another idea. She could just call Kris, since he surely was there too. But Hanna didn't want to.
After that kiss - which was completely his fault - she felt guilty. She still felt his lips on hers whenever she thought about Kris, making her cringe. She had enjoyed it and she was also the one to uncontrollably kiss him a second time, but she still couldn't admit that she liked this guy. No, all she wanted was to be admired by someone. He did that obviously, so she had to remain cold in order to make him chase her.
Yes, Hanna liked that strategy.

Five minutes later, after she had stared at her phone screen bluntly, she eventually dialed Kris' number.
She didn't want to be the first one to call him, but her concern was bigger than her pride. Hanna thought he wouldn't answer either, when she heard his deep voice.
"Yes."
"This is Seo Hanna", she said by signature, her voice trembling, "how is she?"
A little silence occured, when Kris finally answered. "She's being stitched by our emergency team right now."
"What happened? Are you all crazy?! How could this happen??!", Hanna yelled enraged.
"It happened really fast, we couldn't do anything. A fan threw a glass bottle at her, and the bottom of it directly hit her right temple." All this time, Kris sounded somewhat indifferent, though Hanna could hear some guilt in his voice.
"What kind of security requirements let fans carry in glass bottles?", Hanna went on in an acute voice. She heard Kriss hissing frustrated and went silent to give him some peace for a moment. She knew it wasn't his or anyone else's fault, but the fan's. Still, she was furious that they would let fans enter with dangerous objects, as that was normally restricted.
"Our performance was not that long, so all of us are now backstage with her. Don't worry, we'll make sure she has everything she needs", Kris tried to calm Hanna after a short while of silence.
"You better", Hanna responded, her voice now almost cracking, as she was about to tear up.
"Don't cry", Kris said softly. How had he heard that now? Hanna felt anger creeping up inside her again.
"We will come back tonight, the flight is not that long. Don't worry too much, she is doing well. I will come over tonight if that's ok. I miss you, Hanna", Kris said fondly.
Hanna hung up.

Your POV

Your head was throbbing with pain as you slowly regained consciousness. Jongin's, Sehun's and Luhan's worried faces were the first thing you saw, when you shortly after realized that you were laying in an emergency room backstage.
Your first intention was to get up, when Jongin's hands softly pushed you back down.
"Don't get up yet, your wound just got stitched", he said while holding your hand.
Carefully, you touched your head where it hurt the most and felt a bandage on your temple.
"What happened? Who hit me?", you asked confused while your anxiety suddenly rose immeasurably. You pushed off Jongin's hand and got up and looked around. All 12 members were present. Had they all watched the doctor stitching your skin?
You felt sudden dizziness and plopped back onto the couch. Jongin put his arms around you protectively. His touch felt uncomfortable but you didn't move, scared that you would have more headache than you now experienced.
"We will return to Seoul tonight", Sehun said as he sat down next to you, patting your shoulder. You nodded numbly and laid back down. You closed your eyes and hoped that the headache you had would go away, as it felt like someone hit your head on the wounded place over and over again.

You didn't want to sit next to anybody on the plane, as rage had built up inside of you over the past few hours.
This incident hadn't been anyone's fault, but you felt betrayed by Jongin that he didn't make his boss responsible for this situation. You hated that he obviously wasn't man enough to protect you from crazy business people that tried to harm you in every way possible. Right now, you had the feeling that Jongin's work mattered more to him than you.
You were seated next to your boyfriend, but as soon as you all could unbuckle, you switched next to Sehun, who was sitting alone.
He could be loud and a little bit too excited sometimes, but when there were serious situations, he was mostly quiet, more observing than talking. And that was exactly what you needed right now; some peace.

Jongin was perplexed and looked over to you, but you didn't care. He pissed you off really badly. Indifferent, you closed your eyes and tried to chase off the horrible aching in your head and in your heart.

As soon as you got off the plane and the fans were violently compassing the airport exit, Jongin strongly guarded you through the crowd and protected you from wild fans' arms flailing around. You heard them scream and yell at you and your headache got worse every second.
Just when EXO boarded the vans waiting outside and taking them back to Gangnam, you had enough of the situation.
You refused to get on, making EXO's manager waving his hand desperately to show you to get on already. The first fans were trying to get on, as the sliding door stood open.
Jongin unbuckled again, got off and took your hand, harshly dragging you into the van. He was furious.

The van took off, but as soon as it had pulled around the corner, you spoke up. "Please stop here."
EXO's manager, who was sitting in the front seat, turned around, looking at you dumbfounded. "We can't stop here."
All the other members had their eyes on you and didn't really get your mood. Jongin glanced at you in despair.
"Stop!", you yelled, making the driver slam on the brakes. As soon as the van stopped, you yanked the door open and got off.
You wanted to slide it back shut, when Jongin followed you outside.
"What's the matter with you?", he yelled while he grabbed your shoulders. You forcibly unwrapped yourself from his grip.

"Get back on the van. I don't want your fans to think bad of you. I'm moving out", you said calm and clear.
You turned around, leaving Jongin behind, as he started yelling after
you desperately. You didn't look back.


hey guys :)
i just wanted to state that i'm not trying to offend any nation of being violent or extreme.
i looked up a concert date that exo had right after their song mama, which happened to be the super show in jakarta.

my story is just based on my thoughts and this is not supposed to be any kind of attack, in fact, i'm just trying to portrait sasaeng fans a little, since this is how i picture them. anyways, i didn't chose indonesia in particular, as i said, it just fit the story in relation to the correct chronology of exo's schedule.
i hope you still enjoy reading :)
with love, c