At the Village I

Hide and Seek


 

Just as Kim Woobin had suggested, you got on a bus soon after you had landed. The ride was a little bit longer due to traffic, but you admired the sight out of the window and were really excited as soon as you finally got off.
The countryside you arrived in looked nothing like it was less than 2 hours away from a metropolis. It was completely untouched, the air was fresh and clean and the weather plain awesome. You put on your sunglasses and prepared for a hike into the mountains of the Chihaya Asaka Village.


After you had enjoyed a ride on the cable car that had taken you to the top of the mountain, you admired the awesome view you had from what felt like the top of the world and continued exploring the village. You saw many tiny pottery stores that even had the owners sitting in front that demonstrated how they were done. Other little houses had traditional food offered and even cute sitting rooms. All this time, you finally felt like being able to breath again after a lot of fuss the past months. After you received several calls from Jongin and Sehun that you ignored with a slight feeling of guilt, you turned off your cellphone. Being by yourself for once felt too great to ruin it.

You went on strolling around the untouched nature and tiny village houses and eventually went to look for a guest house to stay, since your huge backpack started to annoy you.
It wasn't that easy to find a place to stay, but finally, you found a tiny guest house at the edge of a slope with an amazing patio that seemed like it was floating. The owners were an elderly couple that welcomed you literally with open arms. With your broken Japanese that you had learned at school, you rented the room for a few nights. You weren't completely sure on how long you wanted to stay.
"You are always welcome to stay here, we have a beautiful guest room! It's not luxurious, but very cozy", the owner said extra slowly, in order for you to understand. You thanked them and they led you to the room.
It was not very large, but had more than enough. The door was a traditional Japanese sliding door and the room had plaited carpet floor. The windows extended to the whole one wall, being the same style as the door and tinted the room in comfortable light. The room even had a couch opposite to the windows and a couch table in front, the bed was a traditional one on the floor. It looked amazing to you, even with being a little flat.
"The bathrooms are shared, but don't worry, there are only 4 other guests here, so it's not crowded", the woman told you. You nodded and put down the ridiculous backpack when you noticed a small wardrobe opposite to the bed.
"Thank you, it looks amazing", you said to the owner and bowed respectfully. She smiled with joy and let you know that she could make you dinner at any time. You thanked her once again before she left.

After you had enjoyed an incredible delicious Japanese dinner, you saw that it already became dark outside. You weren't tired yet and decided to go to the top of the mountain again. It had been ages since you'd seen a sky full of stars and since you had a lot of time anyways, you rode the cable car once again to reach the platform.
You realized that you were the only person on top when you arrived. It was eery and calming at the same time, as you hadn't been completely by yourself in forever. The feeling of having no one else around, not even strangers, startled you. It felt like you were the last remaining person on earth and right now, it felt like heaven. You then tilted your head back and looked up to the sky and thought that you had never seen something more beautiful. The night was clear and mild and since there was no one around, you took off your sweater, folded it and laid down, using it as a pillow. Then you looked up and for the first time after a while, were relaxed and completely calm.

While laying on the ground, you lost feeling for time. Maybe it were a few minutes or already two hours that you were lying there, but it didn't matter to you. No one called you, no one needed you and no bosses were around to turn your life into hell. Right now, there was only you, looking up to the sky. After a while, you closed your eyes comfortably and inhaled the complete silence around you.

"This is my favorite place to come to, too", a deep, smooth voice said, breaking the silence. You flinched, opened your eyes and looked next to you. Kim Woobin was lying next to you, looking up to the sky. A slight smile formed on his face. "It's amazing, as if I am the last person on earth."
Still startled, you didn't say anything, just looked at him next to you. Were you sleeping and dreaming? Then, Kim Woobin slowly tilted his head in your direction and hurled you that look. It was so intense, you were certain that you weren't dreaming this. The atmosphere turned into something intimate and exciting. His eyes sparked again and you just couldn't look away. You stared right back.
"How did you...?"
"After I told you about this on the plane this morning, I really wanted to come, too."
It was crazy. You didn't even know this guy and now you felt so excited about him being here with you. His company felt amazing.
Both of you didn't talk further. You just looked up, as did he. Subconsciously, you scooped closer to him, making your arm touch his. He didn't move away, better yet, he somehow returned it and scooped a little closer too. You supressed a girly squeal.

"How did your audition go?", you asked after a while.
"I don't know. This is my first time trying out for a Japanese drama, and I don't know if I am popular enough for that already", he answered calm. His voice was irresistible.
"Hm. Let's hope for the best", you gave back while peeking at him from the corner of your eye. Kim Woobin noticed and tilted his head to you, your faces being dangerously close. He looked at you with curiosity.
To you, he appeared calm and exploratory, as if he thought about every sentence before he said it. You could feel that he was intelligent and inquisitive, which you found really attractive, but also scary at the same time. Nonetheless, you returned his gaze.
"I don't know if it's rude to ask, but I really wonder how someone like you would want to be on their own", he almost whispered. You sighed and turned your head back, your look focused on the stars above you.
"There's a lot going on. In fact, it's just too much. I know that I'm not even the most pressured person in this thing right now, but already too much for me. I had to put my studies on hold because the people are being such huge s."
Kim Woobin still looked at you, now considerately.
"And this was actually spontaneous, I decided coming here this morning", you said and chuckled, then sighed sadly. "When I come back, I probably won't even have an apartment anymore."
"Right now you're here, and that's what you should think about", Kim Woobin answered in a soothing voice after a while.
His answer, but also his caring tone caused a lump in your throat. You tried swallowing it and closed your eyes painfully. Even while lying here and seeing nothing but the stars, the pain you had been feeling over the last months had followed you here. Silent, few tears ran down at the side of your cheeks and fell into your hair.
Kim Woobin apparently noticed and slowly placed his hand on your shoulder, trying to comfort you. It was a small and silent gesture, but comforted you so much that you snuffled once and tried to laugh. It sounded a little scary.
Hesistantly, you leaned into his touch, signalizing that it was okay for him to touch you, but also because it felt so amazing. You couldn't describe the feeling from it, but just knew that you needed and wanted it right now.
Kim Woobin noticed and looked over to you. He smirked and you couldn't distinguish if it was just understanding in his face or if it was some kind of desire. He looked like he knew what his touch did to you and what effect he had on girls.
In a smooth move, he took his other arm from under his head and showed you to lay on it. Without overthinking it, you scooped closer to him, allowing your head to rest on his shoulder. Cautiously, you snuggled into his soft hoodie and placed your hand on him lightly.
His smell and generally, his body and protective behavior, his iness and this manly softness drove you crazy.
What was up with you? You had the most amazing boyfriend sitting at home, probably going insane with sorrow right now. But you had this guy's arms around you under the starry sky, inhaling his incredible scent without even knowing him.

The scariest thing was that you had no idea what you were doing, while he knew exactly what he was doing.