Rejection

Hide and Seek

Hanna's POV

Hanna was annoyed. Why would her agency send her to Gangnam the whole time? She knew that there were certainly the wealthiest people of Seoul, but they all looked exactly the same. They were wearing the same style of clothes, the same hair, the same make-up and to add to that, Hanna hated the typical "Gangnam Face", where even the people looked alike.

She grabbed a coffee from the coffee shop she went to every morning and started strolling around the streets of Gangnam.
Pretty much everyone turned to her, since she was wearing some really cool sneakers. She rolled her eyes when she realized that they weren't staring because the shoes were cool, but because they were flat.
Hanna sighed exasperated and looked on her watch. It was very early, 8 am, but she definitely was a morning person and since her job had flexitime, she chose the earliest she could.
She decided to switch locations and got on a metro to Apgujeong-dong, the main shopping area of Gangnam with lots of restaurants and department stores.
While walking through the streets, she watched men and women passing by and could soon define the dominant trend here; everyone was dressed clean, minimalistic and expensive. The women all had a rather short hair cut and either pink or bright red lips.
Hanna approached some women that were standing in the line of a coffee walk-in and asked if she could take a photo for her photography agency.
The women wanted to remain calm and confident, but Hanna could see that they almost burst with pride.
Hanna took the photos from different angles, told the women some high-end poses and finally, handed them her business card.

After Hanna had eaten, she continued looking for unique styles and people. She decided she deserved a longer break and dialed her best friend's number.
"I am bored. Please help me", Hanna whined as soon as you picked up.
"What are you doing?", you asked.
"I am in Gangnam. Currently, my agency wants me to find people with unique style. I told them I need to look for students then, but I guess my agency wants the rich to buy our scans instead of the college students. All I wanted to be is a photographer! Why do I need to look for looks now!", Hanna explained.
"Just have a little patience, you just started there! You'll soon get another task."
Hanna wanted to continue her whining, as she saw Kim Jongin rushing past her into the building she was in front of. She was irritated for a moment, since she'd never seen that guy mad before.
"I just saw your boyfriend passing me with a deadly look on his face", Hanna muttered into the phone, "what's going on? Did you guys fight?"
"No we didn't, I'll explain later, not on the phone, if you don't mind", you responded in a sad tone.
"Sure, just whenever. Actually I ... hold on, I'll call you back later", Hanna said and let her phone slip back into her purse. The inappropriate friend Kim Jongin's was approaching her this second, with a slight, arrogant smile on his lips.
"Can I help you?", Hanna asked him as soon as he stopped in front of her. Not really sure what he even wanted to say, Kris' smile froze and he stood there dumbfounded. Hanna flicked.
"Do you remember me? We met at my friend's house three weeks ago", he said confidently.
"Of course."
"Well, I was wondering what you were doing in front of SM", he continued and looked around, trying not to meet Hanna's eyes.
"I work here. Not at SM, but as a trendscout", Hanna answered, slowly getting impatient.
"Really? Wow! Can you take a photo of me? Please?", Kris exclaimed and started doing some serious popstar poses.
Hanna rolled her eyes, but chuckled a second later. This guy was really something. She took her Canon and gave him instructions on posing.
"If you insist, I'll take some photos of you."
Five minutes later, Hanna couldn't deny that she had some amazing photos and that Kris was truly handsome. She suddenly felt the urge to drink a coffee with him, when a few girls approached the tall guy and squealed over him.
Abruptly, Hanna just wanted to flee as she hated all these crazy fangirls loving some celebrity to death. She was also certain that these girls didn't even know Kris, they just had an attractive guy in front of the SM building on their radar. Without saying anything, Hanna gave Kris her business card and left the location.

Jongin's POV

Jongin was almost bursting with rage as he rushed up the steps to the SM headquarters.
A thousand thoughts were inside his head, not leaving him any space to even think properly. He just wanted to talk to his manager once more.
It couldn't be that he had to give you up, after he had been trained to debut for over 4 years. And now, as soon as fame came, they wanted him to give up the last remaining piece of stability he was going to have.
He tipped his foot impatiently while waiting on the elevator. When it finally came, he pushed the button for floor 5 so hard that he was scared it would come off any moment. The doors closed, and as they opened again on floor 5, he stomped down the hallway to the office of EXO's manager.
Without knocking, he entered his manager's office and positioned himself in front of the desk his manager was sitting at.
His manager cringed in surprise and looked at him frightened.
"Jongin, what's the matter?", he asked featherbrained.
"I know you're following orders from above and that you have nothing to do with this, but please talk to them once more and tell them I won't move out my brand new apartment and that I'll also keep my girlfriend. I don't get why you needed to promote especially me as the symbol of the group. Just let someone else have that spot and nobody cares if I'm in a relationship or not", Jongin demanded, especially stressing the word symbol in a ridiculous way.
His manager looked at him with sympathy, but sighed hopelessly.
"I wish I could do that, Jongin. But that's not a decision I can make. I'll talk to them. But don't hope for much. All of our artists are not permitted to be in a publicly known relationship. And if you live with that girl, it's gonna be hard to hide her. The other question is, if she would even accept being hidden. I can try, but I guarantee for nothing", he said calmly and then got up with a loud sigh.
"I'll wait here", Jongin stated determined.
"Jongin, go home for now. I will call you. This could take a while."

Jongin followed the advice of their manager and headed back home.
You were at college at the class for 3D design, and Jongin suddenly felt lonely not having you around.
He went into the bedroom and made the bed, opened the curtains and let himself fall face first into the sheets.
"I can't let myself go like this", he quickly decided, went back to the living room and moved the couch in front of the window front, so that he had some room.
He turned up instrumental, kind of heavy music and started dancing in an aggressive and frustrated way.
Soon, he was soaked in sweat and panting heavily, and when he looked up, he saw you standing in the foyer.
Your lips formed a sad smile as you didn't really know how to approach. Jongin tried to catch your eye, and as he looked at you, he felt his anger tumbling down. Quickly, Jongin dried his face with the towel laying on the couch and went over to you. Carefully, he placed a peck on your lips, trying not to cover you in his sweat.
You didn't really care, as Jongin felt your slender arms wrapping around him. You looked at him and tried to smile brightly, which turned out to be more of a grimace. Jongin knew what you were thinking. You thought that you would soon lose him to fame.

And Jongin knew, that that could happen easier than the both of you wanted.