The Dorm

Hide and Seek

Days followed where Jongin didn't show up at home.
The packers had left the bedroom untouched, though most of the decorations were gone by now, as well as the TV and the kitchen stools. You were sitting on the couch that they had left, in an empty room.
You hadn't left the building for 4 days now, still waiting for Jongin to return, but he hadn't even picked up the phone when you'd called him.
On the other side, you hadn't responded to any of Hanna's or Sehun's calls, either. You didn't even know what you were doing the whole day, since nothing was left in this place, not even the one thing you thought you'd never lose.
Your sleeping and eating rhythm was messed up, you slept a maximum of 4 hours at night and dozed off in the afternoon sometimes, but that was about it. You hadn't been feeling hungry at all and hadn't been eating more than a little bowl of rice a day.
It was unbelievable that he'd been gone for over four days now. It felt like hell. You didn't care if he was mad, or wouldn't talk to you at all, you just wanted to see his face so badly.

 


 

It was late afternoon, the sun was setting already, when you heard the lock. You thought you were hearing noises again and kept still on the couch, your legs up to your chest and the arms carelessly hanging from your body on the couch.
Only when you heard the familiar footsteps, you slowly turned around. You were scared that nobody was there when you looked, but when you turned, you looked into Jongin's face.
He was pale with dark circles under his eyes, lips dry and messy hair. First, he looked at you, before he looked around with a confused expression. The awareness then hit him and he covered his eyes with one hand upon that. You said nothing.
After a while, he suddenly flung his jacket from his arm, came up to the couch and kneeled down on the floor right in front of you. He slung his arms around your legs and rested his head against them. You put your head down on your knees, the two of you now being head to head.
For a longer time, you were quiet and enjoyed finally being together again, even though you had no clue where to go from this point.

Jongin rose his head so that he was looking at you. Surprisingly, his expression was optimistic. You were confused.
"They just took all our furniture", he said with a slight smile on his face.
"They did. Why are you so happy about it?"
"Well... The management said I should move into the dorm. They never said that you shouldn't."
You looked at him irritated, "you're saying I should go live with 12 guys?"
"That's how we can keep living together. Plus, the boys like you. They're totally fine with it!"
"You already asked?"
"No I didn't, but I know them."
You thought about it for a short moment. The idea wasn't even bad. Suddenly, hope started arising in you and you got really excited about it.
"That's actually pretty amazing!", you exclaimed.
Jongin chuckled, his face abruptly looking healthy and happy again. And you finally got to see his gorgeous smile again.
"My god, do you know how much I missed you?", you asked and cupped his face. He locked eyes with you and his face turned gentle. You could see that he enjoyed your touch and knew he must had missed you a hell lot, too.
"I know. Everything seems to want us to be apart. But that's why we must stick together even more. I actually wanted to be mad at you for the Japan thing for at least a week. But god, I can't even be without you for 4 days!" He laughed loudly, then caressed your thighs with his hands still being around your legs and drew his neck to finally kiss you. His kiss made your worries disappear, the only thing you thought about was him and your undying wish to be with him.
He let go and looked at you with a huge smile.
"Let's pack our clothes. We're mooooving!"

 

Three hours later and with a ton of chicken and beer in plastic bags in your hand, you entered the dorm in Gangnam.
First thing you realized after Jongin had unlocked the door was, that the dorm was actually really nice. You'd always imagined the boys to sleep in bunk beds and have a little kitchen somewhere, but the apartment you were in right now was high rise and had everything one desired.
The entrance area had black, shiny, tiled floor and a shoe shelf was to your right, rising to the ceiling with fancy, colorful shoes neatly strung all the way up.
After the entrance area, a wide hallway followed, still tiled, with high ceilings and several doors leading into bedrooms. While passing them, you saw a staircase on the left, the kitchen opened on the other side. It was huge. And nice. You gasped.
Tao and Baekhyun were sitting at the counter eating ramen. While slurping the noodles, they waved to Jongin and you.
The kitchen had black surfaces and grey countertops and was completely modern. You were also surprised how clean everything was. You'd expected an absolute man cave, but it looked like a top celebrity's apartment. After all, they kind of were top celebrities.

You stepped through a pass, the room seperated by horizontal, sleek wooden planks that made it possible to still look through. Behind the stylish room divider, a paradise opened up.
Huge, black couches as a hang out area, all facing a TV flatscreen, game consoles and a big audio system, all by expensive European brands. The wall behind the TV consisted of windows from ground to ceiling, exposing the Seoul skyline. It was exhilarating.

Jongin enjoyed how much you loved it.
"Pretty cool right?", he asked and put his arm around you tightly.
"It's amazing", you said and put your chin on his shoulder. He looked down to you, only to place a kiss on your lips.
"You want to see our bedroom now?"
You nodded enthusiastically.

Jongin led you up the staircase. This "dorm" was actually two stories high.
Upstairs, you saw 4 doors leading into seperate rooms. The first door was apparently your new place.
Jongin opened it and you immediately felt at home.
It was right above the living room.
"Well, it's right above the living room, so it could get a little loud sometimes. On the other hand, we have the window wall!", Jongin said and subsequently put his big bag down on the bed.
The room was nicely sized and had a double bed, on the right it had a closet for all the clothes. The carpet was fluffy and dark grey, everything else white. It was simple but modern.
"But with 12 people, how is there room for two? Because now we're an odd number", you asked, the question suddenly coming to your mind.
"Kris doesn't sleep here. We always had a bed for him but he either sleeps at Hanna's or he rents some kind of hotel room. He hates dorms", Jongin answered indifferently, "so now, you can stay here too!", he added excitedly.

After he had showed you the bathrooms that were really nice too, he also showed you the little study room with desks and laptops and then he sat down in the living room, patting the spot next to him, showing you to sit down.
"Guys, there's chicken and beer here!!!!", he then yelled, and within a minute, the 10 other guys arrived.
You really had no idea where they had come from, but soon, everyone was gathered around the couch table, downing the chicken and the beer.
It was a noisy clutter of conversations across the table, but you loved it. Next to you sat Chanyeol.
"It's actually pretty cool to have a girl live here! Do you cook well?", Chanyeol soon asked. The others got quiet and looked at you, full of expectation.
"She cooks really really well", Jongin answered for you. You smiled at him.
"Yaaaaaaaaah even better! This is going to be so much fun! CHEERS!", Chanyeol exclaimed and raised his glass. Everyone followed suit.

It was way past midnight, when the others and you cleaned up the empty chicken boxes and put the beer glasses into the dishwasher.
Some of the members, such as DO and Baekhyun, were really drunk and kept jumping people, yelled, laughed and imitated hilarious situations.
Chanyeol often casually laid his arm around your shoulder and grinned at you and everyone just made you feel so welcome that you wanted to cry with happiness.

When it got quiet around the house, it was already 3 in the morning. You brushed your teeth and then put on one of Jongin's shirts. When you came to your bedroom, he was already in bed, waiting for you.
He lifted the sheets for you and hugged you firmly as soon as you laid down. You chuckled.

"I love you", you said while being cuddled up to him and looking over the Seoul skyline with him.