Help from a Stranger

Hide and Seek

"Hmm no, I actually don't know him that much...", you had said and had shrugged your shoulders, but your eyes had told a different story. Fortunately, both Sehun and Jongin had understood that you would tell that story later on. Even though the atmosphere had been strained after it, the three of you had finished dinner and you even had met Kim Hyunjoong from SS501, since he was the owner of Jaksal Chicken.

Now, Jongin and you were on your way home, walking beside each other silently. Jongin's silence was a bad sign and you were more than scared to actually tell him about your three days in Japan.
Sehun had gone somewhere else after leaving the restaurant and had said he had an appointment, but you assumed he just didn't want to go home with you guys.

Jongin walked up the hallway to your apartment door in front of you. His steps were fast and he didn't look back until he unlocked the door. As soon as the door fell into the lock, he went through his hair frustrated, his other hand on his hip. His back was still facing you. Timid, you just stood there looking at his back and waiting for him to do something. A few seconds later, he turned around abruptly. You expected him to be angry or to yell, but instead, he spoke with an exhausted, weary voice.
"Can you please explain to me what's going on?"

You signalized him to sit down with you on the couch and sat down next to him, carefully but certain you took his hand between yours.
He listened all the way through without cutting you off once while he had his eyes down on his lap. The only thing you left out was when you totally drunk had tried to kiss Kim Woobin, and the guilt you felt while speaking almost overwhelmed you. You paused often and had to swallow tears repeatedly and only now realized what kind of you actually had done.
When you were done, you waited for a reaction. But when his reaction came, your heart broke.
He should have shouted at you at this point, asking what the you were thinking. Or he should have gotten up and left in rage, or kick the table or throw cushions.

But instead, you saw silent tears dripping from his tired eyes on his thighs. He didn't look at you, he just cried. He looked desperate, broken, left alone.

When you hugged him, he didn't refuse, but didn't respond either. He didn't move and didn't make a single sound, he just sat there, processing what you had just told him, trying to understand your actions.
After a short while, he softly pushed you away, got up and walked into the bedroom, slowly shutting the door behind him. You knew he wouldn't leave it again tonight.
You slung your hands around your legs, burying your face in your knees and teared up. It was quiet crying, just your sobs could be heard, and you didn't know what to do. Should you go to Jongin and try talking to him? Or should you wait until he comes out again? You had never experienced such reaction from your boyfriend, who was usually emotional and loud and always told you everything he felt. Now you could just try to understand how he was feeling. But to be honest, you had never seen him this empty and exhausted and it made you worry to a point where you thought you were going to die.

 

The night that followed was a nightmare. You hadn't gotten any sleep, red, swollen eyes from tears and a guilty conscience that had almost killed you. You had stood in front of the bedroom several times, about to push the door knob, but you hadn't dared.
It was at 5:30 in the morning, when the door was opened. Jongin shuffled out of it and towards the kitchen, where he downed a whole bottle of water.
You got up from the couch. Now standing on the other side of the kitchen island and dressed in a shirt of his that had laid around, you stared at him. His black hair was messy and the dark circles under his eyes implied that he hadn't slept either. His neck was sweaty as if he was sick and overall, he was just completely worn out, almost like a ghost.

You wanted to go up to him so badly. He looked at you, his black eyes not having any emotion in them.
Now the two of you stood there, looking at each other. It was strained and painful, but you didn't want to look away.
He finally did, as he threw the empty bottle away and then headed for the bathroom. Desperate, you let yourself fall on a kitchen stool and buried your face in your hands.

It was 6:30 am when Jongin left for work, leaving you behind as a wreck. He hadn't said a single word nor did he even look at you again.
You were at a point where you couldn't even cry anymore, you just sat on the couch cross-legged, staring into nowhere apathetically. Your ringing phone made you flinch. It was Hanna.

"Hey, are you back in Seoul?", she asked.
"Yes", you replied in a cracked voice. Hanna apparently didn't notice.
"Who's that ridiculously hot guy with you in the picture that is everywhere right now??"
"Actor."
"Well, I can see that. You should have introduced me! But anyways, I'm glad you have a reason to feel better now."
"What do you mean?", you asked now, confused.
"Didn't you see all the comments? The people love you! Hey, you're on the internet with celebrities and don't even follow?"
"Apparently."
"Anyways, I think I woke you up, I'm sorry! I'll call you later!" She hung up upon that.

You opened Kim Woobin's Twitter account on your phone and saw that the picture had over 100,000 retweets already and a hell lot of comments.
And were beyond surprised when you read them.

"She seems to be a friend of Kim Woobin! Wow, she's so cool!"
"Maybe she isn't even lucky, maybe she's just really amazing, seeing how she knows all the awesome people."
"Omg now I feel bad that I was so mean! She looks like a great personality *O*"
"Proof that we should not hate, but admire this girl"
"So exciting! She probably went to school with Woobin! Ah, I want to be her!!"

The comments were endless and except for a few negative ones, most of them sounded like this.
And you realized, that Kim Woobin knew this would happen if he uploaded something like this. He had just helped you to get the people to like you with this simple picture. You couldn't believe how genuinely kind this guy was. Quickly, you sent him a thank you text and hoped that upon this development, Jongin would forgive you.

You just had gotten more positive about the whole situation again, until the door bell rang and uniformed men turned up at your door.
"Is this Kim Jongin's apartment?", they asked.
"It is. Is something wrong?"
"We got ordered to start moving furniture out."

You stood there and stared at the men, unable to believe what you were seeing.

 


 

guuuuuys! :)
i hope you like the development. i know that it had a lot kim woobin the past chapters, but now kai is in his old place!! :)
in case you are wondering about the jaksal chicken restaurant, it really exists down the road from lotte world in songpa, seoul, where the characters of this story live :) plus, kim hyunjoong of SS501 really is an owner of that place, so it's a good chance to meet him there!
other than that, i really made kim woobin to a kind of good guy greg, so here ya go, a meme just for you all:

enjoy your night and thank you so much for reading! it means everything ~
with love, c :)