Hitting

Hide and Seek

Jongin's POV

Jongin was close to tears of anger, when he left you sitting at the counter with freshly cooked dinner. He knew that you both agreed on keeping your relationship secret, but he barely had gotten to see you over the last few weeks.
His teasers had all been released and as soon as he stepped on the street, he got followed by at least five girls, that continuously yelled his stage name "Kai" in a hundred different pitches. Usually, he greeted back to his fans, but tonight he just felt completely empty, not willing to show any kind of emotion.
Instead of going through the stress of riding the metro, he got into a cab. He shut the door and closed his eyes, released from the noise.


He got off the cab in front of the SM building and shuffled into the practice room, where his 11 bandmembers were already stretching in order to warm up.
They greeted him casually and didn't really notice his mood, as he tossed his jacket in a corner of the room and started stretching automatically.
Sehun looked up and came over to him.
"Jongin, what's the matter?", he asked worried. Jongin didn't want to talk about it, he just carried on with stretching. Sehun kneeled down to him and tried to catch his eye. The other members noticed the situation and paused in their movement. The only one continuing the warm-up was Kris, who chose a spot further away from the others.
Luhan and Baekhyun came up to Jongin as well.
"Hey, what's wrong?", they asked, genuinely worried. Both of them also kneeled down, so that Jongin was sorrounded by three guys' anxious faces.

"Would you just leave me alone?", Jongin answered, slowly getting really frustrated. He rubbed his face with one hand, then shook his head and got on his feet.
"Ok guys, this is the dance for the last teaser we are going to promote next week! We've done this a million times already, it should not be a problem anymore", he exclaimed and went to his spot.
Sehun, Luhan and Baekhyun were still kneeling on the floor, startled by Jongin's sudden behavior. Usually, he was pretty easy-going if no one made a mistake. He also had always given the other members the impression that he loved practicing dancing, he'd never entered the practice room in that kind of mood.
Intimidated, the other members got on their marks quickly. They felt that Jongin had something on his mind and that they better didn't say anything about it.

After their practice had ended, Jongin went into the shower rooms and then rushed outside to get a cab, when he met Sehun in front of the building.
"Jongin, seriously, what's up with your mood?", he asked immediately, when Jongin left the building.
"Have you been waiting for me?", Jongin tried to avoid his question.
"Yes, and now tell me, is it something at home?", he continued. Jongin hissed in frustration and then, kicked a stilt next to the entrance door with all his remaining strength. The stilt cracked and half of it landed on the floor. Sehun suddenly opened his eyes wide
, startled of Jongin's aggressive manner.
"Hey, calm down, ok?!", Sehun yelled and grabbed Jongin's shoulders, forcing him to look at his close friend. Jongin's eyes were filled with despair, as he finally gave in and kneeled on the floor. Sehun followed suit.
"I don't even have the time to see her anymore!", he exclaimed and Sehun knew that he was talking about you.

Jongin knew that the guys didn't really like the idea of him dating, since officially, no one was allowed, so they slightly felt treated unfair, but Sehun knew him and knew you and saw the seriousness of it.
"We're finally getting promoted and that's the most exciting phase! We're starting to have fans now! You knew this was going to happen", Sehun explained.
"I knew it, but I didn't know that I'd be in such a serious relationship to this time", Jongin hissed.

Sehun sighed hopelessly and couldn't think of anything else than to pat Jongin's back consolatory.
They stayed like this for a few seconds when Jongin abruptly got up, said bye and got into a cab.

Jongin arrived back home, which cost him a lot of effort, as he needed to wear sunglasses, a hood and looked down on his feet continuously while pacing through the streets. Before he opened the front door of the apartment complex, he looked around to make sure that no one had recognized him.
Sighing releaved, he pushed the door open and got on the elevator. He felt guilty because he'd left you alone with the food you'd cooked with effort for the both of you and hoped that you'd be still awake. A look on his watch let him doubt that, since it was already past midnight.
When he entered the apartment, he took his jacket off quietly and slipped out of his shoes, not minding to put on his slippers. On tiptoes, he sneaked around the living area to grab a water from the fridge.
When he passed the sink, he saw two plates laying in it which still had untouched food on them. Jongin stared at them guilty, only to rub his face frustrated a second later. He knew that you hadn't eaten anything of your portion.

He drank a whole bottle of water and quietly walked over to the bedroom, where you were sleeping, completely entagled in the sheets.
Jongin smiled sadly when he saw that you again, were wearing one of his button-down shirts. He stripped out of his jeans and t-shirt and carefully let himself slide into bed. He started caressing your arm, kissed your shoulder softly and finally watched your vulnerable, sleeping face.
You groaned subconsciously and adjusted to his arms, so he wrapped them around your little body tightly and buried his face in the curve of your neck.

Your POV

You were sitting in a coffee shop, waiting on Hanna and stared onto the the TV screen they had installed, lackadaisical. As always, it showed dancing and bouncing, colorful girls doing a lot of aegyo. Everyone knew these bands and songs and you could even sing along to a song you didn't even like.
You leaned back in your chair and took a sip of your coffee, when Hanna finally approached the table you were sitting.
"Hey, sorry for being late", she greeted you and plopped on the chair in front of you.
You had ordered her some black coffee beforehand that she admired with a grateful gaze. She hastily took a big sip of it.
"You won't believe it. That friend of your boyfriend's, he asked me out on a date", Hanna exclaimed.
"I knew it! I knew Kris is interested in you!", you blurted out enthusiastically. Hanna stared at you blandly. "No, really, it's obvious", you continued.
The fact that the cold guy fell for the even colder girl amused you. You giggled and then took another sip of the coffee.
You wanted to hear more of Kris trying to twist Hanna around his finger, when you were disturbed by a group of girls that started screaming in high pitches while looking on the TV screen. Irritated, you turned and followed their agitated stares.

You saw two guys sitting in a cabin, when a nice guitar beat started playing. By looking to the corner of the screen, you could make out the pale letters "Sment" and knew that this was Jongin's company and remembered when he once had told you about their first song, that it would sound really nice with a remarkable guitar melody.
The music video consisted of the two lead singers that were either sitting in a cabin or in a room with shabby walls.
Between their scenes, all of the EXO teasers would be played in order to introduce all twelve members.
Astonished, you stared on the screen and watched the girls that were now standing directly in front of it, yelling the idols' names at every new scene.
You forced yourself to look away, just when the girls were squealing so loud that you thought some of them had suffered a heart attack. Alarmed, you jerked your head in their direction, hearing the name "Kai" being shouted over and over again. Wild discussions about the dancing machine of the group established and you suddenly felt the urge to slap the girls in the face.
You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, hoping to become calmer, as you saw Hanna standing up and heading towards the pack of girls.
"Excuse me, do you think this is a schoolyard? Please go panic somewhere else", she said harshly and flicked.
The girls got intimidated and quickly rushed out the coffee shop, as soon as Hanna returned into her seat. You stared at her startled and she responded with a sweet smile.

Almost unable to move, you paced through the streets back home. You imagined to hear girls talking about Jongin, when they were just fangirling randomly while passing you by.

You were almost home and more than relieved that you could lock the outside world away for a few hours, when you saw another group of high school girls walk past you. While you fumbled in your pocket to look for the apartment key, you overheard the girls' conversation.
"Did you see the new video?", a tall girl asked her friends.
"Yes, oh my god, Kai is so hot! Did you see how he dances? It's incredible! Yes, he's definitely my bias", another girl with braces answered.
"Do you think he'd like me if I was to meet him some day?", the third girl gushed.
"Hey, I am the prettiest here, so I'm going to have him! HE'S MINE!", a fourth girl with glasses yelled overly possessive.

You put your key back into your pocket, turned around and punched the fourth girl into her face, making her glasses crack.
Her three friends looked at you in terror while the fourth girl stumbled backwards and hit the concrete with a thud.