Back in Seoul

Hide and Seek

You woke up with a massive hangover the next morning. You groaned as you felt a bad headache and rubbed your face harshly. When you looked around, you noticed that you were in your guest house. But even more confusing than that was the fact that Woobin was sleeping squeezed on the little couch. And on top of that, he was shirtless, revealing his picture perfect, smoking hot body.
You were awake abruptly, sitting up. You felt dizzy and sweaty and just truly disgusting but were even more shocked when you looked down on yourself and saw that you were in your pajamas.
"What the hell", you wondered and looked around once more, now seeing in what condition the room was. Your clothes from yesterday were scattered around the floor, one shoe of yours was sitting on Woobin's legs. Your little purse and its contents was on your mattress and you slept on your phone with your head. You checked it and almost got a heart attack when you realized it was actually and that Jongin had bombarded you with messages, all of them from last night.
"!", you hissed loudly, making Woobin move in his sleep.
Your head bent over your phone, you now read all the texts you had sent Jongin last night. You weren't even sure what you had tried to say as there were random letters between mispelled words and weird emoticons not making any sense. When you finally read his responds, you were beyond relieved. He didn't seem mad or annoyed, just worried. But it also sounded desperate and sad, and a sudden and unbearable guilt flooded your body. It felt like it would crash your body with its weight.

"Are you drinking?" 5:14
"Please don't drink too much and be safe!" 5:16
"I feel as if this is my fault, I'm so sorry..." 5:17
"Please come back to Seoul, I need you here..." 5:28
"I'm not mad anymore, just come back as soon as you can, ok?" 5:33
"I will pick you up!! I promise" 5:35
"Just hurry and come back, baby..." 5:41
"Are you alright?" 6:22

You hadn't responded to either of them, but seeing how he texted you continuously at this time of the day made you almost die with sorrow and guilt.
As fast as you could, you got up, ignoring the dizziness in your head and peeked over to Woobin. He was still sleeping tightly, so you risked to change in the room and stuffed all your scattered, remaining things in your backpack.
From the noise you made, Woobin woke up, opening his eyes slowly and furrowing his brows. He groaned.
"What time is it?", he asked in a strained voice.
"It's 1:51 pm", you said while trying to close the zipper of your backpack violently.
"Holy ", Woobin said and got up within a second, putting his shirt back on and grabbing his bag. "Our flight leaves in 3 hours."
"Our flight?", you asked irritated.
"I booked for you too, I figured you might want to get back as well."
You sighed relieved and in your excitement, flung your body against Woobin, hugging him as tight as you could. He chuckled surprised and closed his arms around as well.
"You're my savior!", you yelled into his ear and jumped up and down.
"You're welcome, little bird. ...But I would guess you're still drunk", he said and laughed, then ruffled your hair playfully. You let go of him.
"Who cares! You are, too. Let's go, we can't miss it!"

 


 

You had texted Jongin from the Osaka airport and told him that you were going to be in Seoul soon, before you had boarded the plane.
Woobin had booked a business class seat for you, which made you feel kind of VIP. You had your sunglasses on too, to conceal the dark circles under your eyes.
"You should check the photos on your phone", Woobin said after a while. You had thought he was sleeping, since his eyes were closed.
You looked at him and then went to your photos. You could do nothing else than laugh out loud when you saw the ten latest taken pictures. Three were from the bar, one with goofy faces, one rather nice but very drunk one, and one blurred one where you were obviously dancing in front while Woobin raised his hands in the air behind you. The other ones were from the dance club you had apparently gone to afterwards. One photo showed Woobin smoking four cigarettes at once, the other one was your body tossed over his shoulder while he thumbed up. The others were blurred but you were pretty sure that you had tried to take pictures on the dance floor while dancing.
"Oh , like seriously, I really don't remember any of this!", you admitted while laughing. Woobin joined the laughter.
"I'm just remembering now, but it's a little off, I don't know if my mind put it in the right order."
After looking through the pictures once more, you slowly dropped your hands and looked at Woobin in a gentle, but serious way.
"Thank you for being considerate last night", you said sincerely.
Woobin looked at you for a short while and sighed while smiling slightly. His smile had something sad to it. He reached out with his hand to touch your face, softly caressing your cheek with his thumb for a moment. "Of course." The gaze you both then exchanged was melting, before he let go of you and turned back to the front, closing his eyes again. The remaining flight, both of you slept, exhausted from the long night and the drinking.

"Well, time to say goodbye, little bird", Woobin said before you were about to leave the gates, "My manager is waiting for me in front."
"I had a lot of fun the last three days. Thank you for everything, Woobin", you said while looking up to him.
He engaged you in a tight hug that lasted a little longer than something you would share between friends, but you didn't feel like letting go either.
Eventually, Woobin slowly unwrapped you from his arms and looked at you in his charming, irresistible way. "I hope we'll see each other again at some point. But for now, figure out the things with your boyfriend and be strong. You both will get through it." And with that, he turned, waved once again and left.

You left the gate with insecure steps. Somehow, you hated how the situation with SM Entertainment and being the girlfriend of an idol had changed you into an insecure, anxious person. You were usually a pretty confident person, but ever since the public eye had been on you, you had the feeling that everything was monitored and seen by everyone.
When you arrived in the arriving hall, you were glad that it wasn't a busy hour and there weren't many people here at all. It actually looked empty, compared to the Seoul streets at this time.
You looked around and saw Jongin standing there, his eyes going around while slightly tapping his foot impatiently.
The second you looked at him, your heart dropped and you swallowed some rising tears. You didn't know if they were happiness or guilt.
You started running towards him while sliding off the backpack from your back. When he saw you, his face relaxed with relief and joy. For a second, he looked like nothing had ever been wrong.
You jumped into his strong arms and you finally felt his familiar grip around your waist so tightly that you felt like breaking. Both of you had your feet steady on the floor while you buried your face in his chest and inhaling his scent. One of his hands went from your waist into your hair, it while he rested his head against yours. You heard him sniffing a little bit.
Jongin and you stood there for what felt like an eternity, but you were just too happy to finally be in his arms again.
"Let's go home", Jongin said softly, took your backpack and your hand and you got into a cab, going to your apartment.

When you arrived upstairs, everything was the way you had left it. You had thought that maybe furniture was already moved out or that moving boxes would stand around, but nothing had happened here.
Sehun was at your house and got up from the couch as soon as he heard the door. When he saw you, his face lit up.
"God, I thought something happened to you!", he said and approached you to engage you in a tight hug. "Good to have you back. I thought you fled and would never come back."
The way he said it made you laugh. "No need to worry about me."
"Let's go eat!", he chanted, linked arms with Jongin and you and dragged you towards the door.

He guided you to Jaksal Chicken, his favorite chicken restaurant down the street from Lotte World.
You guys sat down and ordered three different types of chicken and a huge pitcher of beer. Even though the alcohol made you cringe a little because of last night, you still clinked glasses with Jongin and Sehun and amused, listened to Sehun's crazy stories about him and the boys.
When the food arrived, Sehun got out his phone and took a picture of the mouth-watering chicken to upload it. He was about to slid his phone back in his pocket when something on his phone caught his attention. He then looked up to you.
"I didn't know you know Kim Woobin", he said surprised, then showed Jongin and you the post he just saw.

You were looking at the picture of him and you at the shrine in Osaka on his official Twitter account.
Then you read the caption.

Met my long-time friend in Osaka. Was nice seeing you, little bird! ^_^