Osaka at Night

Hide and Seek


 

You drove to the Osaka city center and started strolling through a busy shopping street. It was already late afternoon and the sun started setting and tinted the streets into a pleasant, red-orange light. The signs on the buildings were already on, turning the city into an exciting city jungle.
The nicest part about it was that people didn't recognize you or Woobin, so you comfortably walked through the streets, looking at shop windows, into restaurants and curiously examining the street venders' foods.
"This place is so nice!", you said and turned your face to Woobin to smile at him brightly.
Woobin smiled back and rested his look on your for a few seconds. He looked at you like he was looking at something cute and you could sense that your excitement made him happy and also a little proud, since he was kind of your Japan tour guide.
"Told you. But I'm hungry", he said and held his stomach with one hand. "Let's get something to eat."
He gently grabbed your upper arm and directed you into a particular direction.
"Since we're already in Kitashinchi, I know the best place on earth in this area."
It wasn't far, after 5 minutes of walking, you already reached a restaurant. It had dim lights and modern interior on a noble stone floor. Even though your Japanese wasn't really good, you could read that it was a barbecue place. Above the entrance door, it said "Kurogewagyu Sumibiyakiniku Seijirou", the name of the restaurant.

The place was packed with people and the two of you could get a seat way back, almost exactly next to the kitchen door.
"Do you mind?", Woobin asked and pointed at the kitchen. You shook your head and smiled again. This day had been the nicest ever and you just couldn't believe that you were getting along so well with a guy that you only knew for like two days. It somehow seemed like you had known each other in forever.
"Someone's happy", he added and gave you a playful look.
"You could put it that way", you replied in the same voice.

He just wanted to say something, as the waitress came and took orders. You noticed that Woobin's Japanese was excellent. Without even talking to you, the waitress left. You looked after her confused.
"Oh, I ordered for both of us if you don't mind", he commented your look.
"That's fine. I believe it'll taste great whatever it is."
Woobin laughed softly. "You can be sure. And I know what we're gonna do after this."
"And that would be?"
Woobin just put one finger in front of his lips.
"Really? A secret again?", you said annoyed.
"Oh, did I make you mad? Well, just bear with it. I'm not telling", he said and put a teasing smile on his face.
You stretched your arm across the table and lightly smacked his forehead. Within a second, he held your wrist in a tight grip.
"Now you're getting aggressive!", he laughed, still not letting go of your arm. You struggled to escape his grip, but it was hopeless. This guy was just way too strong.
"Ah come on!", you whined and laughed at the same time. "I won't ask again!" He let go and adjusted his hoodie collar. You had to admit that you were a little sad that he stopped touching you, but also eager to know where he was going to take you after dinner.

Ten minutes later, two waitresses served small bowls with raw beef, pork, shrimp, crab and a variety of side dishes. The sight of the food made your mouth water and Woobin started putting the small slices of meat onto the grill.
"I'm going to be your cook tonight", he said and threw you a goofy-proud look which made you laugh out loud.
While he was occupied with turning the food on the grill, you put some of the vegetables and sauces on his and your plate. You put your chopsticks back on the napkin and your gaze slid to the guy sitting in front of you.
He had his eyes on the grill and you noticed that whenever his face was relaxed, he looked exceptionally stern. His lips were slightly parted but a straight line and his eyebrows looked naturally furrowed, while his cheekbones gave his face a noble elegance that made it less intimidating and more particular. Other than that, you had to admit that it was not only his face and body that made you so attracted to him, but his incredible charisma. You didn't have to know him to see that he was calm and confident and that he had this weird thing you couldn't really describe, this intelligence. He didn't even need to talk to anyone, this spark was in his eyes. They, in a good way, seemed more experienced than his age.
"You want to eat or do you want to keep looking at me?", he asked with a cocky smile. You hadn't even noticed that he was looking at you until now.
"Hm, I don't know what's better", you said and were immediately shocked how that had slipped out of your mouth. Woobin laughed loudly.
"I take that as a compliment."
You just kind of embarrassed smiled back. He put some beef and pork on your plate.
The food was incredible. After you two had finished all the meat the waitresses brought, you ordered some more beef and ate that too.
A look on your watch assured you that you had been sitting at the restaurant for almost two hours, chatting and goofing around.

When you eventually left, the sun had set and you saw the first drunk people out on the streets.
"Oh right, it's Friday", you said.
"Yes. And that is why we should do exactly the same."
"Do what?"
"Get drunk."

 



"... and then, they just said to us, we can't live together any longer!!!!", you slurred drunk a few hours later. "I mean, that's... that's.... that's just so ed up!!!"

Woobin and you were sitting in a huge bar that had individual sitting booths that were more like big couches and a tiny table and a lot of pillows and cushions. The booths were very private and didn't really let people look inside. But the people that passed didn't care anyways. You saw stunning girls in little dresses passing, some guys that looked like idols, and some kind of older, fat but rich-looking men.
The table and the frosted glass around the couch were lit indirectly in a frigid blue, tinting the environment in a seductive and cool light. The atmosphere in this bar was expensive, youthful and daring. The music was loud, so you had to yell a little, but whenever you were drunk, you started yelling anyway.
You had your feet up on the couch next to you and leaning on your left arm while downing another drink with your right.
Woobin sat right next to you and was a little tipsy as well, but he'd been listening most of the time tonight.
"I really don't ever want to go back! I hate that company!! I wanna kill them!!!", you babbled. Then you sighed over-dramatically and hit your forehead with your right hand. You looked over to Woobin. He sat close to you, one of his legs crossed under his other one and a fancy drink in his hand, resting on his thigh. He looked at you. Even though his eyes looked drunk, he still had the spark in them. He looked absolutely gorgeous, irresistible, like one of those bad boys that every girl dreamt of.

In your drunk state of mind, you alluringly your hair behind your ear and slowly reached for his face with your hand. He still looked at you, not confused or surprised, he just smirked in a way that drove you crazy.
You traced his lips with your thumb, as he parted his lips as a respond. He exchanged gazes between your lips and eyes, now desire flickering so clearly in his eyes that you just wanted to push him down on the couch and devour him.
You slid your hand up to his cheek and then in his neck, tightening it a bit there. He exhaled air softly, signalizing you that he was thinking the same thing you were. Just when you pulled him closer to kiss him, he raised his hands and cupped your face, taking control. He drew you into him slowly, aiming for your lips.
Right before your lips would have met, he tilted your head downwards and blandly kissed your forehead. He then took your arm and positioned you with your head on his thigh, your hair out of your face.
"You're drunk, little bird. Don't make the mistake to cheat on your boyfriend", he said in a gentle voice. You sighed and looked up to him. He was right. You had almost cheated on Jongin.

"You're right. But please, let's order some more drinks", you said while looking at the bottle covered couch table, "and then, let's go dance."