Your Highness

Hide and Seek

You saw another ad of EXO when you were on the bus to your class for building construction, and of course it had Jongin in front of all the others. He undoubtedly was the most promoted person of the band, overshadowing the other members of the band. You thought it was sad that the others didn't really get the appreciation they deserved, but you also were aware that Jongin was the hottest of them. Though your opinion wasn't objective anyways, so it didn't count.

When you were about to get off the bus, you received a call from Hanna, but your mood was too bad to answer. You instead sent her a text saying that you would call back.
You had skipped some classes last week due to the photos on the internet, but of course your fellow students knew you and were sticking to you like gum.
"Is it really you??"
"Are you seriously dating Kai?"
"How can you do that to the fans?"
"Wait, how did you convince him to go out with you?"
You had to listen to all these sentences and far worse ones. You chuckled saracastically. They'd been all nice, but when they found out that you were dating an idol, their envy controlled their minds. They didn't realize that you were the same as two weeks ago.
You froze them off and didn't react as you walked into your classroom, making all heads turn in your direction.
Quickly, you pretended as if you didn't notice and sat down, feeling all eyes on you. You eased up a bit when the professor finally came.

After these horrible two hours, you could finally go back home. Actually, you would have had a class of architectural theory, but you decided to skip that class too, as this campus felt like hell itself.

You arrived home an hour later and gasped frustrated when you saw the chaos in the apartment.
Since Jongin and you had had the fight, you had refused to do any chores and he'd been busy both days. Actually, he was busy everyday, often working up to 12 hours a day. You knew he had been a trainee to the time when you had met, but you had never thought that it was this difficult to date someone like that. You barely got to see him anymore, and when he was home, he was stressed and tired.

The more surprised were you when you saw him sitting on the couch in front of the TV, apparently waiting for a program. He'd just taken a shower, as he was wearing his grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. A towel was wrapped around his shoulders, his hair still slightly wet.
You wanted to touch him so badly. Even only holding hands would have been fine with you. But your pride was still hurt and you didn't want to be the first one to give in.
"I'm here", you said and went to the bedroom to change into leisurewear.
When you came back to the living room, Jongin was eagerly watching TV, when you saw that a new music video of EXO had been launched just this moment. You guessed that it was the first time they televised it.
"Is this your new video?", you asked carefully, willing to get back on good terms with your boyfriend.
"Mhm", he mumbled in agreement and hypnotized the screen. You sat down slowly and in a safe distance to him.

You were surprised when you saw the concept of this video, it was dark and depressing and had heavy guitar beats to it.
Jongin jumped in excitement when he saw his insane rap solo, which sounded like a heavy metal song. On top of that, his skin was plastered with wild tattoos. He was hot. Really hot. The song was called MAMA, as in highness. You liked that title.

As soon as the video ended, Jongin clapped in excitement, obviously ignoring the strained atmosphere between you two. He then called Kyungsoo and babbled about how awesome the video was and that he'd just seen it on TV.
You gave up after a little while and went into the kitchen, ready to do some dishes. You didn't like being messy that much, and you wanted the house to be clean. Jongin was still on the phone, making you want to kill him. How could he be in such a mood when you were pissed as hell, and why hadn't he apologized yet? You had troubles remaining calm.

Jongin turned the TV off and the music on and played Heaven by Ailee again. He knew it was your favorite song.
You turned to him and saw him standing on the other side of the kitchen island, looking at you so sweetly that you almost immediately melted. Your heart started beating faster.
"I am sorry, baby. I didn't mean that, seriously. It was wrong to say... And of course they don't mean more to me than you. You know how I feel about you. I was stressed and also got beaten up by some Chinese guy that I accidently bumped into on the street. I was frustrated really badly, but please don't be mad any longer", he said guiltily. He chose the right scenario, as his face, his words and the corny music let your walls tumble down faster than the wind. Relieved, you smiled brightly and went around the counter. You wanted to finally kiss him, but he stopped you.
"Hold on. Left or right?", he asked. Only now you noticed that he had his hands hidden behind his back.
"Hmmm ... right!", you said excitedly. He showed you his right hand and revealed a hair-band with an attached bow. It was definitely aegyo and not your style either, but he still put it on your head. You didn't care anyways, as this almost made you die from sweetness.
"I know you don't like bows much, but this is your crown now. You're my one and only highness", he added and finally drew you into him, kissing you deep and pure. He then picked you up and swirled you around, both of you laughing relieved. All your anger suddenly vanished and you were the luckiest girl on earth to look into this guy's face. You wanted this moment to last forever.

Jongin lifted you bridal style and carried you to the couch. As he put you down on it, he smothered you with his body and caressed your face endearingly, sending shivers down your spine. Slow and seductively, he started to your cardigan, following with his lips.
Heated, you pulled his t-shirt and subsequently took it off, revealing his perfect body. You started tracing his chest with your fingers.
When you felt his touch around your waist, you trembled under his hands. He then let his hands slide lower and eventually gripped you waistband, ready to strip you out of your pants, when you heard the door bell ring. As if you were caught doing something forbidden, you gazed over to the door startled. Neither of you had invited someone so it must be important.
Jongin, who didn't want to leave you unsatisfied, just ignored it and went on. Just when you calmed your mind and concentrated on him again, the door bell rang again, this time more forceful.
Jongin hissed annoyed, put on his shirt again and got up slowly, waiting for you to put your cardigan back on. Then, he approached the PA system and opened the door with a frown.

A minute later, Sehun appeared in the frame, looking hectical.
"Kai, I mean, Jongin, we have a huge problem", he said out of breath.
"What is it?", Jongin asked unknowingly.
"The managers of our manager, I mean, the executives", Sehun stuttered, "they want to make your relationship known in public!"
Jongin and you exchanged gazes, when Jongin answered.
"But that's a good thing, isn't it? Then everyone knows and they don't care anymore!"
Your face lit up in a bright smile since these news sounded like really good news for the first time. Your smile froze as Sehun went on.

"Don't you remember when they announced SHINee's Kim Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung dating? It then lasted for like another three weeks or something! It's not out of kindness! They're doing this to seperate you guys. If this is going to happen, she", he pointed at you, "will not last longer than a few weeks. The fans will tear her to shreds!", he yelled emphatically.

Jongin and you exchanged a worried look. You both thought the same thing; that this needed to be prevented.
Neither of you had the smallest clue how to keep them from exposing you.