Doubts

Hide and Seek

Hanna's POV

Hanna was too lazy to work. In fact, she was pretending to work, but she actually slacked off in a coffee shop in her beloved Gangnam area.
Her phone was ringing non-stop, but she didn't dare looking on the screen in case it was her boss. She'd be feeling guilty then.
She was bored to a point where she planned on going to a club just to hit on some stranger that she'd never have to see again.
She laughed about her thoughts out loud, making heads turn to her in irritation. She declared herself insane upon that.
Just when she emptied her extra large cup of black coffee, she saw how Oh Sehun walked through the door and up to the counter.
Happy to see a familiar face, she stood up to get his attention.
Instead of looking over to her, Sehun ordered 12 cups of coffee. Hanna wondered how Sehun was going to carry all that by himself.
"Twelve cups? Are you thirsty?", Hanna asked. Sehun turned to her surprised.
"Oh, hey Hanna, what a coincidence. No, I'm getting them for the other members", he replied.
Right. Hanna was sorrounded by some flower boys who could sing and dance and smelled good, but she couldn't even appreciate it.
She rolled her eyes but still offered her help. Sehun smiled at her brightly and seemed genuinely happy that he'd not have to carry two ways.

Hanna and Sehun were glad that the coffee shop offered racks, so they could easily juggle with 6 cups respectively.
They went into the building of SM and into the dance practice room, where a huge group of dangerously handsome men was sitting on the floor. Hanna hadn't even realized that she was in this boyband area again.
"This is Seo Hanna, guys", Sehun introduced her to the irritated guys. Hanna waved awkwardly, recognizing Jongin's and his inappropriate friend's face.
"Who is she?", a really tall guy with blonde hair and dark circles under his eyes asked.
"Hanna, this is Tao. Guys, Hanna is ...", Sehun tried to explain, but then looked at Hanna perplexed. "I don't really know how to introduce you."
The boys laughed and Hanna became impatient. Were they trying to make fun of her, when she just carried these stupid cups of coffee all the way up here without even getting paid? Hanna sighed and once again, rolled her eyes.
"She's your girlfriend's best friend, right, Jongin?", the rude one asked.
All eyes went on Jongin, as he seemed to get a little nervous about the question.
"Yes, that's right", Hanna antedated Jongin.
A common sound of understanding echoed through the room and Hanna put the coffee in front of the pack.
"There you go", she said indifferently and turned to leave, "I'll be going."
Irritated, some of the boys said bye to her, while others didn't even have enough time to react.

As she stepped out the building, she felt a hand holding her back on the shoulder.
"Wait", a familiar, monotonous voice said. She knew it was Kris that came after her.
"How can I help you this time", Hanna sighed, picking up her sentence she said to him the last time they met.
Kris let go of Hanna's shoulder and awkwardly put them into the backpockets of his jeans.
"What are you doing tonight?", he finally asked, which obviously cost him a lot of courage. Hanna didn't care.
"Whatever you are doing, I'll be doing something else", she said unaffected.
Kris hissed in frustration and held her back by her shoulder once more, as she was just about to leave.
"Wait!", he exclaimed a little too loud, "wait", he repeated in a normal volume.
"Yes?", Hanna answered impatiently.
"I wanna buy the photos you took of me", Kris replied fast.
"Awesome, come to the address on the business card between 9 am and 6 pm. See you then", Hanna said as if she memorized the sentence and finally took off.
Kris looked after her as she entered the closest metro station. He hit his own forehead in frustration, pulled out the already creased business card and started tilting it between his fingers. He began to get really desperate about his awkward behavior in front of this girl. Why was she immune to his charme and looks? Was he just crazy because for the very first time, he hadn't gotten what he wanted, or did he actually like this spoiled brat? No way. It couldn't be.

Your POV

You weren't determined that the choice you had made was right. Of course, you still had the person most important to you by your side, but rarely got to see him.
Now that almost all of the EXO teasers had been released, the members of the band were already well-known and chased around a lot.
Last night hadn't been the first night where Jongin had stayed out with his friends and finally slept in their practice room on the tiny couch.
"It's too dangerous to come home to you at that time. They'd know immdiately", is what he had said as explanation.

While you were strolling around your neighborhood, you passed by the small grocery store where you always saw an old lady sitting in front of it cross-legged. You decided you wanted to cook tonight, so you went in and bought the amazingly fresh looking vegetables, along with rice and even a little bit of beef.
You walked a little further and eventually sat down on one of the benches, staring into nowhere.
How you wished that you could walk these streets with Jongin hand in hand, or how badly you wanted to just visit the park or the river with him. The time you could spend with another was solely in your apartment. Due to his busy schedule, he left before you in the mornings and returned late after you at night, sometimes he even didn't.

As you arrived back home, you were surprised to see Jongin resting on the couch. As soon as he heard you, he sat up and hurled an exceptionally beautiful smile in your direction.
You wanted to refuse the urge of immediately being affectionate towards him, but right after you dropped the food you bought in the kitchen, you rushed over to your boyfriend that welcomed you with spread arms. You let yourself fall in them, as he closed his arms around you and drew you deep into him.
"I've missed you, baby", he said and kissed the top of your head.
You smiled defeated and allowed yourself to fully appreciate the small, intimate moment with him. The both of you didn't even talk, you just stayed like this for a little eternity until it got almost completely dark outside.

"Are you fixing dinner?", Jongin asked thrilled and watched you as you put the beef strips into the pan.
"Yep, could you cook the rice really quick?", you replied as you needed to concentrate on the meat. Jongin nodded and went over to the rice cooker.
Subsequently, you felt Jongin's arms wrapping around you, and you closed your eyes comfortably.
"I know you don't like the situation, but I will figure something out. We should go on a vacation soon", Jongin started speaking.
"I can't just miss classes like that", you replied sadly.
"But you'll be on vacation soon, too. Trust me, I'll find something." He kissed the top of your head and then, rested his chin on it. You chuckled in an amorous way and almost forgot to watch the meat.

You were almost done with cooking and saw that Jongin was already impantiently waiting for his plate to be filled. You laughed childishly and put an extra large portion on his plate, making him beam with joy.
Just when you had filled your plate too and sat down next to Jongin, his phone ringed. You got nervous, as his phone ringing meant him leaving most of the time. He answered the short call and looked at you apologetically.
"I'm sorry, but we have another teaser practice for the last one tonight, I can't miss it. I'll make it up to you, I promise", he said quickly, placed a gentle kiss on your cheek and left the apartment.

You looked on the two filled, steaming plates of food in front of you while you uselessly tried to swallow the big lump in your throat.