Drenched

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Ready’ the camera men steadied themselves for the shoot ‘rolling….and…..action’ Woo Bin silenced the crew while intently staring into the miniature tv screen watching them pour their heart and soul to each other.

 

Min Ho’s tightly shut eyes immediately opened and came alive upon hearing Woo Bin’s cue.  He turned his back to the camera and walked towards to a hunched over Shin Hye standing close to the edge of the mountain.  Mechanically, he inserted his hand into his pant pocket and search for the USB that held all of the secret files Kim In Na secretly downloaded from his computer.

 

‘I found you’ he growled as his gaze darkened getting himself into character.

 

‘Why did you lead me on?’ he walked up behind her preparing himself for the harsh actions he will inflict on her within the next few seconds.

 

‘Why did you lie to me?’ he yelled and gripped onto her arm pulling her up from her hunched state and turned around to face him.

 

‘I didn’t…’ Shin Hye’s lips began to tremble as she held her gaze with his.

 

‘You didn’t lie? You didn’t pretend to love me to lower my inhibition towards you to steal these blue prints?’ he tightened his grip around her arm and with his free hand raised the USB to the center of her eyesight.

 

‘I can explain’ one tear after another began to seep out the corner of her eyes uncontrollably.

 

 ‘Explain what? How you lied to me? How you used me for your mission? Kim In Na, I found out.  You’re not an orphan who was adopted by a Chinese couple.  You’re….you’re….a North Korean spy and I was your pathetic target to help you complete your mission’

 

‘I’m sorry’ she reached for his hand holding the USB to pacify him.

 

‘Don’t be sorry.  You should be happy that you fooled me into believing that you loved me.’

 

Shin Hye stood there motionless, raking her brain trying to desperately recall if she wrote that line into the script.  From her memory, Choi Min Juk was suppose to be less bitter and the last line should have been ‘don’t be sorry, as long as you stay by me I’ll forgive everything you did me…to us’

 

Shin Hye’s free hand softly caressed the side of his face softening his furrowed brows.

 

‘I didn’t fool you.  I do lo…’ her voice quivered as she began to speak from her heart as Park Shin Hye and not Kim In Na.

 

‘Don’t’ he swatted her hand away.

 

‘Don’t say that word to me if you don’t mean it’ he grunted.

 

‘Those four letter words have meaning, if you say it to someone you have to truly mean it and deliver on it.  You have to trust and accept the person for who they truly are the good and the bad, the happiness and the pain they bring to you.  Don’t just carelessly use that word towards me, it will hurt me more than you saying you don’t love me.’

 

‘Oppa’ tears began to drop slowly down her face and her voice begged him to listen to her.

 

‘Hajima!’ he forcefully pushed her away to prevent her from breaking down the wall he built between them.

 

‘Hajima!’ his voice was stronger and louder this time. 

 

Both of them were grounded into the dirt ground breathing hard, catching their breaths preparing for the last round of emotional exchange before Choi Min Juk delivers his ultimatum to Kim In Na.

 

‘Pisshh….Grace’ Woo Bin pokes her while she’s intently staring at Min Ho and Shin Hye’s exchange on the miniature screen.  ‘I don’t think they’re following the script.’

 

‘You should have realized that 30 seconds ago’ her face not leaving the screen still intently staring at them.

 

‘Can you stop sassing me for one minute?’ he raised his voiced in anger.

 

‘Sorry’ she turned towards him and gently placed her hand on top of his ‘Don’t call cut.  Let them have this time to speak what they’ve buried deep down in their hearts.  They are both stubborn people who don’t want to admit they're wrong’

 

‘More like people who have too much pride’ Woo Bin chuckled.

 

‘Lets just give them this time and space for them to finally acknowledge to each other how they truly feel.  Maybe they’ll finally put their pride aside and allow themselves to be truly vulnerable around each other.  Maybe they can salvage their broken relationship.’

 

Both of them nodded in agreement and turned back to the miniature screen.

 

Min Ho inhaled a big breath readying himself to deliver the ultimatum to Kim In Na.

 

‘I can’t do this anymore.  I loved you with all my heart and soul.  I brought you into my sacred world where no other woman has been allowed into.  But you...you decided that I was a mere puppet…no toy sounds like a better analogy.  I was a toy that you dragged along the way for your own selfish purposes.’

 

Min Ho violently raked his hand through his hair pushing it back to reveal his creased forehead.  He took two large strides towards a quivering Shin Hye.  He paused for a split second wondering to himself if she was trembling because of the cold gust of wind hitting them or was she affected by the words he threw at her. 

 

‘You’ve toyed with me long enough.’  He turned her hand around so her palm was facing up and he roughly pressed the USB into it.  ‘This was all you wanted right? Take it and leave, but I want you to know that you broke my heart to pieces in the process.’

 

His trembling hands inched up and were centimeters away from touching the sides of her face.

 

‘Because Park Shin Hye, I love you.  I, Lee Min Ho, realized that you didn’t love me enough to fight through the storm with me.  So the least I can do is protect you.’ His hand cupped her cheeks and he stared into her tear stained eyes commanding her to listen to him.

 

‘Take the USB and run.  Run as far away from me as possible.  Don’t come back and look for me unless you truly love me and can accept me for what I’ve done, who I am and how I feel for you.  Don’t drag me into this painful push and pull game ever again.  My heart is fragile too.’

 

Shin Hye was shocked, unable to process what he was saying to determine if it was from his character Choi Min Juk or were words deeply hidden by Lee Min Ho.  He didn’t follow the script and say their character names, but replaced them with theirs was he trying to hint something to her.  She desperately wanted to respond to him but was confused if she should deliver Kim In Na’s lines or her own to Lee Min Ho.

 

‘Didn’t you hear me?!’ he coldly raised his voice ‘Take the USB and leave.  Leave before the South Korean army comes for you.  I will take the fall for you, that’s the extent of my love for you.’ He abruptly removed his warm hands from her wet face.

 

‘Now leave!’ he forcefully pushed her causing her to shuffle her feet to prevent herself from losing balance.

 

Shin Hye hung her head down, biting hard onto her bottom lip to stop herself from crying.  After a few long breaths she raised her head to see a tired, pained looking Lee Min Ho standing 100 feet away from her waiting for her to deliver her lines as Kim In Na.  She closed her eyes softly asking her heart to give her courage to approach the broken man standing across from her.

 

‘I…I…’ she shifted her feet and walked towards him closing the space between them ‘I don’t want to leave’

 

The assistant PD poked at Woo Bin’s shoulder.  ‘Ughh…Woo Bin ssi…I think something is wrong, they’re not following the script’

 

‘It’s ok, let them be’ Woo Bin stared at the screen.

 

‘But, they’re not even using their character names.  We can’t edit that out.  We will need to retake this shot.  Shouldn’t you call cut?’

 

‘Aish! Stop ruining a good moment.  Just let them be and we’ll reshoot.  Ok?’ his face never leaving the screen.

 

Min Ho groaned in anger ‘I told you to leave. Why aren’t you leaving? Don’t you understand that the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter