Salvage

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hey Shin Hye, are you ok?’ Grace walked up behind her as she was applying makeup for the upcoming shoot.

 

After Grace had checked in with the filming crew to make sure that they were set to film, she went on a hunt to find Shin Hye.  She needed to make sure that she was ok after their plan to bring her and Min Ho back together flopped.  She was a little worried they had pushed the envelope too far and maybe Shin Hye really wasn’t ready to reconnect with him yet even though all the signs were pointing in that direction. 

 

Shin Hye and Ill Woo had arrived to the site a little over an hour ago.  When she exited the car, she whispered a soft thanks to him in appreciation of his honesty and advice.  Without taking a second look, she rushed to the makeup room and locked the door giving her a temporary escape from the real, scary world awaiting for her.

 

‘Yeah, I’m ok’ Shin Hye began to apply her lipstick.

 

‘You know, we could revise the script and take out the kiss scene if it makes you uncomfortable’ she tried to read Shin Hye’s reaction from her reflection in the mirror.

 

‘No, I just want to follow my script.’ She put down her lipstick and turn to Grace reaching for her hands. ‘I know you guys are worried.  He and I are ok.  We’ll work things out, but please just let us do it naturally’

 

‘Ok’ Grace nodded in agreement ‘I’ll wait for you outside, we’ll be ready to shoot in 30 minutes’ she gave Shin Hye a light squeeze on her shoulder to give her energy and encouragement to tackle the upcoming intense shooting.

 

Shin Hye waited for Grace to exit the makeup room before she gathered all her courage and reached for her cell phone.  She stared at the screen thinking through carefully how she should craft her message to Min Ho.  After much debate between her brain and heart, she decided it was time to be brave and listen to it once again.  Her fingers begin to tap away on the smooth glass screen.

 

“I know I broke your heart too.  Can we talk?”

 

She read the message to herself and laughed at her pathetic text.  She needed to draft a lighter note, it was too strong she hit the delete button and raked her brain to think of a better line to hook him and respond to her.

 

“You said you weren’t going to desert me, but you did.  Can we please talk?”

 

She shook her head again, no that line won’t do either.  She deleted the message for the nth time.

 

“I miss you.  We are not finished yet.  Can we please talk?”

 

This was the best she could do, without overthinking it.  Her finger pressed onto the send button, no regrets. 

 

She patiently stared at her screen waiting for it to vibrate and the green text message notification to pop up on her screen.  She watched as the time on her screen went from 4:55 to 5:00 then to 5:15, still no messages from him showed up on her phone.

 

Shin Hye pabo ah, I guess you played this push and pull game for too long.  He really meant every word he said to you.  He really let go, what am I suppose to do now? Should I push away my pride? Should I believe that he will protect my heart and not break it again? Should I take a leap of faith and listen to my aching heart?

 

She sharply exhaled calming her nerves contemplating how she would approach the kiss scene that they would have to film in a matter of minutes.  She started to repeat in her mind that she was Kim In Na and even though she loves Choi Min Juk, she had to decide between love or her duty to North Korea. 

 

He’s going to give her a choice to stay with him while he risks his life to runaway with her to a foreign land to escape the North and South Korean army or let her go to live freely while he takes the fall for her as the South Korean army arrests him and prosecutes him for espionage in leaking blue print designs of a top secret hideout for the South Korean army in the DMZ.

 

He loved her so much that he gave her the right to choose.  Kim In Na not only held the fate of her life but also the life of Choi Min Juk’s in her hands.  She was going to decide who was going to live and who was going to die.        

 

‘Shin Hye you can do this, build up your courage.  You can do this.  Repeat after me.’ Shin Hye stared hard at her reflection in the mirror ‘You are Kim In Na.  You don’t love him.  You will betray his love for you and walk away.  Park Shin Hye you are Kim In Na.  Lee Min Ho is Choi Min Juk.  You need to walk away from him forever.”

 

*********

 

 

‘Places everyone’ Woo Bin’s strong voice echoed through the filming site alerting the crew to finish up any loose ends before they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter