Glimpse of Hope

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho dropped his duffel bag onto the cold marble floor of his apartment, he stood there silently looking around his living room to see if any traces of Shin Hye was removed.  He slowly walked towards his dark stuffy bedroom, as he opened the door reminding him of all the memories they shared together there, he spotted the glass star jar sitting on his night stand next to his bed.  He kept the star jar next to him so that each morning when he wakes up it’s the first thing he’ll see and be reminded of Shin Hye and the mistakes he made that got them to where they are. 

He ran his hand through his hair pushing the small strands away from his forehead frustrated at how things between them got this way.  He spent days and months trying to come up with answers to why Shin Hye didn’t wait for him at the airport, why she didn’t tell him where she was, why she didn’t contact him.  The only answer he could derive was that she found someone better than him to make her forget about him and their memories together.  His blood begin to boil as he thought about the possibility of her being with another man, his hand gripped tightly onto the necklace with the ring he gave her dangling  around his neck swearing to confront her when she comes back to Seoul in the next few days.  If she wants closure then so be it, but to the bare minimum she owed him a face to face breakup and not a pre recorded one on her iphone.

Ring….ring…

‘Yoboseyo’ Min Ho barked into his phone while his mind was still thinking about Shin Hye.

‘Min Ho you owe me big time.  I got Holika Holika to arrange a joint fan signing event with Shin Hye and I’

‘Ill Woo, when is it?’ he impatiently asked

‘In three days, the event organizer told my manager that she’ll be in Seoul tomorrow night.’ Ill Woo began to fill him in on the details.

‘Text me the location and time of the event.  I’ll figure out how to disguise myself for it.’

‘Min Ho are you sure you’re ready to do this? Maybe you just want to find her at her house? That might be a safer bet.’

‘I’ve already tried playing it safe and look where it got me, cut up and bruised.  You know what they say the bigger the risk the bigger the return’ he began to reason with Ill Woo.

‘I hope for the three of our sake you’re right.  You know there’s going to be over 1,000 fans there I just don’t want you to do anything rash that might cause a paparazzi feeding frenzy.’

‘Ill Woo, trust me, I have a plan and I promise to be tame.  I’m tired, I’ll talk to you later’ Min Ho hung up the phone and browsed through his contacts.

Min Ho’s finger froze when it hovered over Kim Woo Bin’s name.  Min Ho and Woo Bin haven’t really been in contact with each other since his enlistment.  Not only were they not in contact, the last exchange between them was not that pretty.  Woo Bin had accidentally left his phone at the club during one of crash and burn sessions and Min Ho went through it to see if there were any tips from Shin Hye on her whereabouts.  Min Ho ran across the call history Woo Bin had with Shin Hye, he counted each and every line and was shocked that they had more than 80 calls over the course of 2 months.  To make matters worse, Woo Bin was in contact with Shin Hye when she disappeared to Paris for two weeks and he told Min Ho he didn’t know where she was.  He began to wonder if he was right and if Woo Bin was trying to steal Shin Hye from him.

Min Ho was furious at how his good friend lied to him and hid her whereabouts from him.  When he called Woo Bin to go to his apartment to pick up his lost phone, the moment Woo Bin walked into his living room Min Ho punched him.  The two grown men threw punches at each other, taking out their pent up anger on each other.  Min Ho gave Woo Bin a piece of his mind and made it very clear that they weren’t friends anymore and to stay away from Shin Hye because she would never like him.

‘Yoboseyo’ Min Ho accidently hit the call button and dialed Woo Bin’s number.

‘Hyung! You’re back! How are you?’ Woo Bin cheerfully greeted him.

‘Woo Bin ah, how can you be so nice to be after what I did and said to you last time we were together?’ Min Ho was taken by surprise the sincerity in Woo Bin’s tone.

‘Hyung, look you were drunk and I was drunk.  Men do stupid things when they are drunk and we did a stupid thing.  But it was good, we both need to blow some steam.  The next morning I woke up I forgot all about it, other than the few cuts and bruises around my mouth.’

‘Woo Bin ah…I’m sorry’

‘Lee Min Ho, it’s ok.  I’m happy to hear that you finally realized you screwed up.  I sense other than an apology and catch up call, there’s another reason behind this call?’ Woo Bin had a hunch Min Ho was going to contact him when Shin Hye announced on the tv show that she would be coming home soon for a fan signing event.

‘You’re always one step ahead of me, huh.’

‘That’s why I’m the wingman’ Woo Bin chuckled at his witty response.

‘Wingman, I need a favor from you.  I have a plan setup to see Shin Hye, but just in case it fails, I need a back up plan.  I need your help in making the back up plan work. Woo Bin ah, just so we limit anyone finding out about this lets call this Project Star’

‘Ah, I like the code name, Project Star.  Hyung, I’m game!  What do you need me to do?’

******************

Beep…beep….beep….

The piercing alarm rang through the small private study room. Joong Ki began to flutter his eyelids, his hand searching around the table for the ringing phone to turn off the alarm.  His hand bumped up against Shin Hye’s right arm sprawled onto the opposite end of the table, awaking her from her nap.  After another few seconds of roaming around the table for his phone, he brought it to his face and jumped in shock.  He immediately got up like a lightening bolt and sprinted to the other side of the table to wake her up.

‘Pabo ah! We overslept our power nap, wake up!’ he stepped behind her and slowly shook her shoulders.

‘Huh….5 more minutes please’ her head still laid on the table while her right hand raised up 5 fingers.

‘Shin Hye! We gotta go, our final is starting in 10 minutes!’ he shook her harder this time letting her know it was serious and he wasn’t just joking.

Shin Hye instantly raised her head from the table and began to rub her eyes with her hands.

‘O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter