Detour

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Yah! What did you to do my seat?’ Shin Hye stared at Woo Bin and Grace in disbelief that they filled the backseat of the car with filming equipment.

 

‘Mianhe Shinnie, we ran out of space in the other cars.’  Woo Bin gave her an apologetic look as he entered the driver seat of the car getting ready to  drive to the offsite location for the next shoot.

 

‘But where am I going to sit?’

 

‘Hmm…I think hyung has an extra seat’ he pointed towards the white sports car parked across from them.

 

‘You got to be kidding, right?’ she ran her hand through her hair frustrated at their childish plan to give Min Ho and her alone time.

 

‘No, that’s your only choice.  Unless…you want to delay filming we can come back for you 3 hours later after we drop off the filming equipment to pick you back up.  Bye.’ Grace closed the door to the passenger seat and mischievously smiled while waving to Shin Hye.

 

Shin Hye took a couple large strides and gripped onto the lock door trying to pry it open. ‘Please...  You can tie me to the roof of the car, I don’t care, just don’t leave me here with him’ she begged in a low tone.

 

‘Shinnie he doesn’t bite, just try to play nice.  It’s only a 90 minute car drive. When it fails, just turn on the radio’  Woo Bin the radio ‘See, and let the music drown him out.’

 

‘Have fun!’ they sweetly replied in unison and drove off leaving a frazzled Shin Hye staring at the dirt ground in disbelief.

 

Min Ho softly chuckled in disbelief watching the scene of Woo Bin and Grace ditching Shin Hye in the car’s rear view mirror.  He jotted a mental note to personally thank them for executing their plan so well, losing his sports car for 2 months will be well worth the 90 minutes of alone time with her.

 

‘What are you doing staring at the floor, is the dirt that interesting?’ Min Ho walked out of the car and began to approach her.

 

‘Was this your idea?’ she looked up and rolled her eyes at him.

 

‘Wae? What are you talking about?’ he widen his eyes in disbelief acting shocked to what they just did to her.

 

‘This!’ her forefinger pointed to his face ‘You. Me. Stranded. Together.  Alone.’

 

‘Ani, I was just told to drive’ he raised both his hands to show his innocence.

 

‘Fine.  I’ll just wait for them.  You can leave me here. Go.’ She folded her arms and turned around putting the sturdy wall back up between them.

 

Min Ho closed his eyes and sharply exhaled at her stubbornness to keep him as far away from her other than when they were filming.  Min Ho, no one said this was easy.  They setup the plan for you, it’s now your turn to execute.  Be firm, be brave. 

 

He marched behind her and softly gripped onto her shoulders causing Shin Hye to gasp from his touch.  He pushed her shoulders to the left turning her body towards his car and guided her to it.

‘Yah! What are you doing?’ she began to break free from his grip ‘I told you to leave me alone here, just go!’

 

Min Ho ignored her cries and continued to push her towards his car, firmly guiding her into the passenger seat.

 

‘Can you just calm down for one minute’

 

‘Ani! You forced me to sit here….’

 

‘Ok. You leave me with no choice but to do it the hard way.’ Min Ho inched his face next to hers, close enough for her warm breaths to gently fan his face.

 

‘Stop! What are you…’

 

Click

 

Min Ho swiftly pulled the seatbelt across her body and secured it in place.  ‘Lets go!’ he closed her door and ran around the front of the car to take his spot in the driver seat and began to slowly drive off to their next filming site. 

 

********

The car ride was dead silent that a pin drop could be heard.  Shin Hye had her eyes tightly closed arms crossed refusing to make any contact with Min Ho.  Min Ho was raking his brain for a way to break the ice between them.  He could ask her about the filming, which he’s done before and only got one word responses from her.  He then thought about asking her about her grad school life in LA but quickly shot down that idea when he remembered she attended school with Joong Ki and wanted to avoid mentioning him at all costs to not widen the rift between the two of them any further.

 

As their car was bending around the curve of the mountain, the check engine light lit up on the dashboard.  Min Ho scrunched his brow wondering how the car would be low on coolant causing it to overheat, he swore he double checked all the car’s fluids before he drove it this afternoon.   No, they wouldn’t.  Wait, maybe they would.  How sneaky of them to remove some of the coolant to strand us in the middle of nowhere so we can finally settle things between us.

 

‘Shin Hye ah’ she continued to ignore him pretending she was asleep.  ‘We have a car issue.  I need to pull over or our car is going to overheat and light on fire.’

 

‘What?! Fire!’ she immediately snapped her head to the left with shocked wide eyes.

 

‘The coolant is suppose to decrease the heat of the engine but when it’s low it takes longer for the engine to cool.  When the engine builds up the heat that can’t be cooled off…’

 

‘It’ll create small combustions in the engine slowly causing the engine to light on fire’ she finished his explanation ‘I paid attention in my driver’s education class.’

 

Min Ho pulled up to a designated resting area on the side of the road of the mountain. ‘Can you hand me the bottle water in the compartment there?’ he calmly pointed to the glove compartment.

 

Shin Hye obediently obliged and pulled a filled plastic water bottle from the compartment and handed it to him.  He exited the car and propped open the car’s hood to allow for the white smoke being expelled from the engine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter