Perhaps It's Fate

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye walked up to the Korean Air counter next to the boarding gate leading to the airplane that would take her home within the next hour.  The flight attendant bowed and asked how she could be of service.

 

‘Excuse me, I was wondering if there was a window seat available I can switch my aisle seat to?’ Shin Hye asked nicely.

 

‘Sorry Miss Park but the business class is fully booked for tonight’s flight.  Maybe you can ask your neighbor to switch seats with you.’ The flight attendant regretfully informed her.

 

‘It’s ok, thanks for checking.  I’ll check to see if my neighbor will be nice enough to switch seats with me.  Thank you again for your help.’

 

Shin Hye turned around and walked near a row of empty seats to find a quiet spot to call her omma before her flight began to board.  She rummaged through her tote bag and unlocked her phone to call her omma.

 

‘Yoboseyo omma! I’m at the airport waiting to board my flight.  I’ll be home in less than 12 hours.’

 

‘Shin Hye!! We miss you!’ her omma screamed into the phone out of excitement.

 

‘My plane lands at 5:30 am.  It’s really early, don’t worry about picking me up.  I’ll just take a taxi home.’

 

‘Silly girl, your appa and I will come and pick you up.  We’ll track your flight online, don’t worry about it.  Try to get some sleep on the flight, ok?’

 

‘Ok omma….they are calling for boarding.  I’ll see you in a bit.  Bye’

 

Shin Hye tossed her phone back into her bag and swung it over her shoulder while walking towards the boarding gate.  She handed her boarding pass to the flight attendant and entered the sky pass leading her to the business class cabin of the flight.  She glanced down at her boarding ticket to double check her seat assignment. 8B.  She looked up carefully examining the overhead bins to find her seat assignment.  As she got closer to her row, she was confused to see a tall man sitting in 8A with dark, tinted sunglasses on, a black cap covering his pushed back hair and his head tilted to the side laying against the plane’s wall like it was a pillow.

 

Why does that figure look so familiar, where have I seen him before? Is it Min Ho oppa? No it can’t be! Shin Hye your heart is playing tricks on you again.  Why is he wearing sunglasses at night? And on a plane?  He must be a VIP, gosh just my luck.

 

‘Excuse me, sir’ she softly spoke to him when sat down into her seat next to him.

 

She intently studied the sleeping man and noted each small feature that reminded her of Min Ho.  

 

Dimples, check.  Smooth curved lips, check.  Long arms and legs, check.  Lean body, check.  Aish..if only he didn’t have sunglasses on I could get a better view.  Wake up, come to your senses Shin Hye.  You’re day dreaming again, this isn’t a Hollywood movie your hot ex-boyfriend doesn’t just show up next to you.  You’re thinking too much again.  Why are you thinking about him anyways, remember you have the caring Joong Ki waiting for you?!  Remember Min Ho is in South Korea serving his enlistment! This guy can’t be him! He has darker skin, he’s much thinner like 20 pounds thinner and he face looks sullen like he’s been through a lot of hardships.  Just put on your seatbelt, close your eyes and go to sleep you’ll be in Seoul in a matter of hours.

Shin Hye snapped the seatbelt into place securely around her waist and pulled the eye mask over her head securing it over her eyes bringing her slowly into a peaceful slumber.

 

‘Good morning, this is Captain Kim.  We are flying past Bearing Sea and are on track to arriving in Seoul by 5:30am local time.  As we get closer to Seoul, I will make a final announcement.  Thank you.’  The first command pilot ‘s voice echoed through the dark business class cabin from the PA system awakening Min Ho from his sleep.

 

Min Ho lazily stretched his legs and arms slowly releasing the tight tension from sleeping at a 90 degree angle in his seat.  His right hand froze when it brushed against strands of smooth, silky hair.    He turned and looked at the beautiful girl through his tinted sunglasses trying to make out her face in the dark cabin.  He slowly removed his sunglasses to get a better look at her.  Although her entire body was covered with the duvet and half her face was covered with an eye mask, there was a small feeling that tugged at his heart telling him that the sleeping beauty next to him was Shin Hye.

 

He tightly closed his eyes and harshly shook his head jolting him from his dream and bringing him back to reality.  He quietly got up from his seat and carefully climbed over the sleeping girl’s leg trying his best not to awake her as he walked towards the bathroom.  He opened the door to the unoccupied bathroom and opened the tap splashing ice cold water on his warm face.  He brought his right hand inches next to his face and tightly slapped to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating.

 

Min Ho it’s time to wake up, stop dreaming! This isn’t Hollywood, your eyes are playing games with you.  Remember you saw her with Song Joong Ki? And she kissed him in front of her apartment, you saw it with your own two eyes!  Did she feel the same pain I felt when she saw Min Young kiss me?  The girl sitting next to you isn’t Shin Hye, she just resembles her.  Get a grip, she’s moved on.  Remember she told you herself, he means something to her?! It’s time for you to let her go, so both of you can finally find peace.

 

He yanked a paper towel from a container sitting on the table and wiped his face dry.  He silently told himself he needed to go back to his seat and just sleep.  Sleep always fixes things for him, this time it won’t be any different.  He just needs to sleep and he will forget about Shin Hye. 

 

He opened the bathroom door and quietly walked back to his seat looking down at the lighted walk way to guide him through the pitch dark business class cabin.  He paused when he reached his section, 8A and 8B, studying again the sleeping beauty peacefully sleeping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter