Project Star

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Shin Hye, is there anything I should be careful of at this party. Like what I shouldn't do or say?' Grace nervously looked at her as they walked towards Woo Bin's apartment complex. 

'Other than stay away from the idol boys, you should be fine' Shin Hye teased Grace on her undying love for Super Junior, she hoped Choi Si Won would be there to make Grace's day. 

'Yah Sarah Park! I'm serious here!' Grace stomped her foot like an annoyed child. 

'Shh' Shin Hye place her forefinger against her lips to silence Grace.

'That's my second identity, don't blow my cover ok.'

'Is he going to be there'

'Who is he...?' Shin Hye acted like she didn't know who Grace was referring to. During one of their drunken all nighters, she had poured her heart out to Grace about her and Min Ho. 

'You know who I'm referring to' Grace jabbed Shin Hye's side. 

'I don't think so. I doubt Binnie would invite him given what we've through.' Shin Hye lazily shrugged her shoulders. 

'Park Shin Hye, did you save Korea in your previous life?'

'Huh?'

'You've worked with the hottest actors. Dated Lee Min Ho and now Song Joong Ki. Can you share your secret so I can date some hot men in my future life?'

'Shh...it's my secret and it's for you to find out' she happily giggled forgetting her fears of running into Min Ho on her winter break. 

Ding....ding....

'Anneyong!' 

Woo Bin immediately pulled Shin Hye into a bear hug the moment he saw her when he opened the door.  She still felt a little fragile but not as fragile when she was having her mental breakdown while sorting her feelings out for Min Ho. He was happy to see she put on a bit more weight and didn't look like a walking skeleton. She returned the hug with a big, warm smile. 

'Binnie meet my friend Grace' Shin Hye pulled her into his apartment. 

'Ann..ey...ong' Grace stuttered as she was amazed by the number of famous actors and idols that had filled up his apartment.  

'Anneyong, Kim Woo Bin. Please enjoy yourself' he stretched out his hand to her. 

'Don't worry we don't bite. We're just like you, normal people having a good time.' He warmly smiled at her. 

Grace slowly reached for his hand and gently shook it while returning his smile. 

'Come on Grace, I'll introduce you to some people.'

Shin Hye linked arms with her and began to introduce her to the who's , who of the Korean entertainment world. Everyone was ecstatic to see her and catch up on her whereabouts. After a beer or two, Grace let her guard down and became more comfortable with her friends and began to chat away with some actresses about fashion. 

Shin Hye walked into the kitchen pouring herself a glass of cold water. 

 'Here let me get it for you' Woo Bin walked up and closed the refrigerator door. 

'Gwamo Binnie'

Woo Bin intently watched Shjn Hye gulp down the glass of water in a matter of seconds. 

'You know the last time we were here, you were also drinking water.' He muttered trying to break the ice. 

'You know the last time I was here, I broke down on your rooftop' she placed the cup onto the counter. 

'I don't know if I should....' his thoughts trailed off as he pondered if it was the right time to bring it up. 

'After all we've been through, you have all the right to ask and I have all the obligation to truthfully answer' she softly looked at him knowing exactly what he wanted to ask. 

'Did you think about the what if questions I asked you a few months ago?'

'Which ones' she played dumb. 

'What if he made it to the airport by 6?' He took in a deep in hale bracing him for the upcoming fire exchange. 

'I told you, he didn't' she sighed. 

'How are you so certain?'

'I stood there and waited for him until the clock rang 6.' She recounted the same words she said to him last time he asked her the question. 

'What if his flings with those women were a way for him to forget you and the pain you put him through? Just like how you took those Melatonin pills?' He but his lower lip fearing that he pushed the envelope too far too soon. 

Shin Hye tightly closed her eyes and heavily inhaled and exhaled. 

'What he does with those women is none of my business. It's his life and not mine.' She slowly opened her eyes. 

'Binnie lets cut to the chase what do you want to ask me?'

'What if he's not over you? What if he's still in love with you? What if you've moved on? What if there's another man in your life who replaced his spot in your heart?' He ran through all the questions he felt Min Ho would want her to answer. He wanted to give her a trial run to prepare her for what was to come later tonight. 

'I don't know my heart misses him but my head says to stay away for my own good. I'm not sure if I moved on, but I have met someone else. Does he occupy a spot in my heart? Maybe. Has he replaced Min Ho's spot? Not yet.'

They both let out another audible heavy sigh and moved the gazes down to the ground. 

'You know after all we've been through, my service to you still holds. Whenever you need me, I'll be here any day, minute and second.'

Woo Bin walked closer to her and pulled her into a comforting hug. He started to double guess himself agreeing to help Min Ho out. He began to wonder if Shin Hye had it in her to face him later tonight and deal with all the aftermath. 

'Lets go and open presents' Woo Bin broke off their hug and pulled her towards the living room. 

Woo Bin loudly clapped his hands to gather the attention of the noisy crowd. 

'Boys and girls it is time to open some presents. As you know everyone brought a present to tonight's party. This is how it will work, each gift has been numbered from 1 - 50. I will draw a number out of the hat for each person and that is the gift you will receive. Let's get the party started.'

'Krystal....#10' 

Krystal walked up to the pile of gifts to find a red gift wrapped box. She carefully took the gift wrapping paper off finding a black baseball cap. 

'Gwamo oppa' she smiled at Jin Hyuk. 

'How did you know that gift is from me?'

'I bought it with you on break when we were filming last year.' She brightly smiled. 

'Grace...#35'

One of the idols handed her a newspaper wrapped gift, the crowd was chuckling at the creative gift wrapping. After tearing 10 layers of the newspaper off, she was surprised to see a pearl white colored musical jewelry box, when she opened the cover a twirling ballerina was slowly turning inside the box. 

'Aish...who tried to show the men up?' Jin Hyuk cursed under his breath. 

'Guilty as charged' Woo Bin timidly raised his right hand as if he was caught red handed. 

'Gwamo Woo Bin ssi' she widely smiled at him to show how much she liked the gift. 

'Miss Hallyu princess...Park Shin Hye, you're up'

Woo Bin pretended to place his hand into the hat and pulled out the predetermined gift already assigned to her. 

'#22'

Shin Hye walked towards the mountain of presents looking for one that had a tag written with 22 on it. She spotted a Tiffany blue colored box, similar to the one she got from Si Me earlier at the fan signing event, with a 22 tag on it. She reached for it, carefully pulling it to her like it was a janga puzzle piece, one wrong move and the pile of presents would collapse. 

She held tightly held onto the Tiffany blue colored box beautifully adorned with a white satin ribbon. Her heart began to pound each second harder against her chest. 


She turned her back towards the crowd shielding them for seeing the gift and her expression when she opens it. She had a small inkling that this gift,making with the one from earlier today, is from Lee Min Ho.

Her hands began to tremble as she pulled onto the end of the white ribbon releasing its fastening around the box. She shook the small box around to guess what was inside, all she could hear was a soft tinkering sound. She began to slowly lift the lid and was wide eyed, mortified to find the mint colored lock attached to the antique key that had held the diamond ring.  

'Shin Hye, what did you get?' Krystal sweetly called. 

Shin Hye still had her back against the crowd. Her stomach began to feel queasy to the point where she wanted to hurl on the spot. She needed some fresh air, quickly. She harshly pushed the lid back on and shoved the gift into her jacket pocket. 

'Mianhe I'm not feeling well. I need to get some air' Shin Hye rushed out with her right hand covering hiding her trembling lips. 

The rest if the crowd shrugged their shoulders unaffected by her sudden change in emotion, but to Woo Bin and Grace they could immediately sense that something was terribly wrong. 

Woo Bi handed over the present task to Min Hyuk and excused himself to chase after Grace. He caught yo to her within a few wide strides, the benefits of having long legs. 

'Hajima, just give her som space.' He pulled onto Grace's arm to prevent her from walking any further. 

'I have to see if she's ok' she tried to pull his hand away. 

'You can't go' 

'Why can't I?' she challenged him. 

'Because...'

'Because what? Don't tell me you like her too?'

'Ani' Woo Bin sighed 'because he's up there'

'He as in Lee Min Ho?' she whispered and he nodded in affirmation. 

'Aish, how could you throw her into a pit of fire?' She gave him an annoyed look while she pulled her phone from her pocket. 

'Hajima don't call her. They need this' he sternly looked at her. 

'Don't worry I'm not calling her. I agreed they need to hash things out once and for all. I'm just calling Jonathan, Shin Hye was going to introduce him to you guys tonight. I think it's best if I tell him not to come, don't you think? Aish I hope next time when you come up with a genius plan, you will think through everything before setting it into action.' she returned the glare with double the intensity, one of the tips she learned in her law school classes to handle herself in court. 

*************************

Min Ho sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter