Surprise Attack

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was their last full day in Paris, just like a blink of the eye, the week long trip was coming to an end.  Her phone was vibrating on the nightstand, she turned over to turn it off before it woke Min Ho from his sleep.  She decided that today, she would reverse their roles and suprise him with breakfast in bed.  Shin Hye lightly pulled his arm away from her waist and carefully climbed out of bed.  She scurried in the dark to the dresser to put on some warm clothes and headed into the kitchen to prepare some pancakes and freshly squeezed orange juice.

He woke up to the banging of pans coming from the kitchen.

 

Aish what is this girl doing so early in the morning? Does she know that it’s only 6 am?  The sun isn't even out yet!

 

He let out a sigh and pushed away the comforter to investigate the damage rendered.  He quietly stood at the entry of the kitchen and silently chuckled at a disheveled Shin Hye concentrating on making perfectly circle, brown pancakes.  This was the first time he saw her in black plastic framed glasses, actually come to think of it, she’s never worn glasses in front of anyone.  Her hair was tied up into a messy bun and her face had spots of flour from the pancake batter making her look like a cheetah.

Min Ho creped behind her, his left hand beginning to circle around her waist his right hand hovering over hers that was holding the spatula.

 

On the count of 3, Min Ho…1…2…3…

 

He pulled her into his body and pressed against her back in one quick movement.

 

‘Ahhhh!’ Shin Hye yelled at the top her lungs like she was being attacked by an intruder.

‘Shhhh’ Min Ho immediately took his right hand and covered cutting off her scream to prevent their neighbors from calling the police thinking that there was a break in.  He moved his face to the left and craned it forward over her shoulders to meet her surprised gaze.

‘Oppa! You scared me!’ she gave him a tight slap that echoed throughout the apartment.

‘Yah! You scared me with all the pots and pans banging! Who cooks breakfast before the sun even rises?’ he .

‘I guess someone here is a little ungrateful that his girlfriend forgone her beauty sleep to make him breakfast in bed.  Do you think he is a jerk?’ she retaliated back.  

‘Uhh, jerk is a harsh word.  Maybe insensitive would be a better way to describe that someone.  Park Shin Hye aren’t you glad you met me, I got out of that warm, comfy bed to make breakfast with you at 6 am in the dark.  You wouldn’t find another guy like me, my kind is extinct” his right hand moved her right hand that was holding the spatula to help her flip the pancake and move it to an empty plate.

‘Daebak! What would you do without me? Lets eat!’ he surprised her with a quick peck on the lips.

‘Yah! You can’t eat pancakes yet, you haven’t brushed your teeth!’ she squirmed as he pulled her towards the table.

‘Who said I was eating that? I don’t need to brush my teeth for that…’ he lowered his face next to hers and huskily whispered into her ear.

 

Whack!

 

‘Aish.  This namja chingu I have, any minute you have your mind becomes erted’ she shook her head at him while he was rubbing away the pain from his arm.

 

Shin Hye nudged Min Ho to take the seat in front of him, he just stood there acting dumb like he didn't understand her hint. She let out a loud sigh and rolled her eyes at him cutely, walked behind him while placing her hands on both sides of his shoulders pulling him over the seat and finally using all her strength to push him to sit on the chair.

 

'Mr. Jerk, don't you dare try anything.  Just eat!' she pointed at him and gave her most stern look.

'Whoa I'm starting to like this messy, mean Shin Hye. I'll eat, boy's scout honor' he smirked and held up both hands defensively like he is an innocent man on trial.

'Huh messy?'

'Messy' he nodded and tried to stifle his chuckle by pressing his lips together.  Min Ho pointed to the antique framed mirror behind him.

'Ahh!!!'

 

Shin Hye followed his finger and jumped from her reflection.  She closed her eyes praying that this was all a bad dream.

 

Omo omo!! Park Shin Hye look at you! Your omma would be embarrassed to call you her daughter. What is this messy bun with hair flying in all directions?! Omo and the black frame plastic glasses? Aiya, and the white flour smeared around my face! This is so not vogue chic more like scary Halloween costume. Great disheveled, messy ghost looking Shin Hye standing in front of shirtless, toned every girls' dream man Min Ho. Shin Hye you really have outdone yourself this time.

 

While Shin Hye was in deep thought condemning herself for her styling choices of the morning, Min Ho got up from his seat and lead her to the one across from his.

 

'Earth to messy Shin Hye' he pushed her into the chair just as she did to him earlier and waved his hands in front of her face to wake her up from her deep fathom.

'Stop! Don't look at me!' she immediately covered her face with her two hands hiding in embarrassment.

 

Min Ho turned her to the side and knelt down so he was eye to eye level with her. He gently pulled on her hands but she retaliated with all her strength to cover her flour smeared makeup less face. He made a second attempt, this time pulling a little harder but to no success she still had them glued to her face.  He should know better to joke with a woman about her physical beauty, but the sight of her in the messy bun with glasses on made his heart flutter. He would bet a million dollars that he was the first man outside of her family who was able to witness her raw beauty and he loved it, knowing this special look was reserved for him and only him.

 

'Third time is always the charm'

 

And with his bold remark, Min Ho attacked Shin Hye by tickling her abdomen. Within seconds, she started to squirm and her grip began to soften. Min Ho spotted his window of opportunity and his hands instantaneously pulled hers down away from her face.

 

He let out a loud laugh that echoed through the apartment while she frowned from being exposed.  Min Ho gently with a finger pushed onto the bridge of her glasses to adjust them in place on her small face.

 

'There much better!' he smiled at her still holding onto her hands.

Silence

'Are you really not going to talk to me?'

Silence

'Has anyone ever told you that you're cute?' he pinched her nose and let out another chuckle.

'Yah!'

'Messy Park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter