Tunnel Vision

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘A misunderstanding?!  You saw Park Min Young and you lied to Shin Hye!’

 

‘It wasn’t like that…I promise…I swear.’

 

‘No need to promise anything, your promises don’t mean anything anyways.’

 

Knock Knock

 

Min Ho jumped from his car seat and turned his head to the left looking at her villa, searching for a familiar silhouette hoping that it was Shin Hye who woke him up from his vivid faceoff nightmare with her appa.  He spent the night waiting for her to appear through her villa’s front door but after 6 hours of sitting in his cold car all he saw was a faintly lit porch without a trace of Shin Hye in sight. 

 

Park Shin Hye where are you? Why aren’t you answering my phone calls and text messages? Can’t you at least answer one of them and tell me to go away? At least that would let me know you were ok and put me temporarily at peace.  Can you please come out of your house, even if it’s for a split second? I just want to talk to you, I know you might not want to hear it or believe me but I promise I’ll tell you the truth.  Just come out please.  I didn’t mean to call you unreasonable and crazy when you asked me to walk down Myeongdong with you, I just needed a minute to process it all.  I promise I’ll do it for you, I just wasn’t prepared for you to ambush me out of left field with that request.  Please Shin Hye ah, come out and talk to me, I promise I’ll make everything alright.  Just give me a chance to explain.

 

Knock Knock

 

A bright light fell onto his forehead as he began to turn to the right side of his car.  The knocking on his passenger window was more rapid and loud like a child impatiently banging on a toy drum.  He pressed on the button lowering the window to an angry police officer holding a long black flashlight in his right hand probing it around his car to examine his surroundings.

 

‘Sir, we received a compliant from a few residents of you being parked in a private community.  This street is not opened to the public and overnight parking is not allowed.  Please leave’ the police officer firmly reprimanded him.

 

‘Mianhe, I’m waiting for my girlfriend.’  Min Ho nervously ran his right hand through his hair.

 

‘I’m sorry sir but there’s no parking here.  You can park in her villa’s driveway.’

 

‘I tried calling her but she didn’t pick up.  I’m sure she’s just out, she’ll be back any minute.  I promise when she comes back I will move my car.’ Min Ho pleaded with the police officer.

 

‘It’s 5am, are you sure she’s your girlfriend and you’re not stalking the girl?’ The police officer eyed him suspiciously.

 

‘Stalking?! Do you know who I….’ he stopped himself mid sentence resisting from revealing his identity,

 

‘Sir, I don’t care if you are the President of South Korea.  Rules are rules, you have to move, you can’t park here.  Consider this a warning, if I receive another compliant from the residents here I will need to book you to the police station for breaking the law.  Do I make myself clear?’ the police officer tapped the side of his car with his flashlight showing Min Ho who was the boss.

 

‘Ok, I will leave now no need to use jail time as a warning’ Min Ho put his two hands in the air to show a sign of surrender.

Min Ho immediately brought up his passenger window, his engine and drove away heading back to the Han River hoping he would run into Shin Hye there.  Perhaps there was a chance she didn’t mean what she said and it was all a nightmare that he dreamt of.  He desperately hoped that when his car arrived, at the same spot they’ve watched the sunset together earlier that day, she would miraculously be waiting there to catch the sunrise with him. 

 

Yes, Min Ho you’re right you were suppose to meet her to see the sunrise and not the sunset.  You’ve been working too much and your mind is playing tricks on you.  Everything that happened, everything that was said was a horrible dream.

 

As Min Ho got closer to the Han River, deep down inside he knew it wasn’t it a dream.  She wasn’t going to be there, she left him during his desperate attempt to salvage what he could.  But he had to give himself some false hope to believe that everything she said to him was a joke to test his love for her.  He would prove to her that he meant every word he said to her, he would give up everything and go to the end of the world to be with her because she was the one girl he learned to love and couldn’t live without as she was his other half that completed his being.

 

****************

‘Yoboseyo’

 

‘Woo Bin ah, I need a favor’ Min Ho debated non stop for two weeks after Shin Hye disappeared in thin air to contact Woo Bin.  Given his closeness to Shin Hye, he had a hunch that he would know something on her whereabouts.

 

‘Hyung, what’s wrong?’ Woo Bin tried to act like he was oblivious.

 

‘Shin Hye is gone.  I can’t find her.  I’ve called her a million times, and left enough voice messages to blow up her inbox.  I’ve sat across her house every night waiting for her to come through her front door, only to greeted by her noisy neighbor asking me to leave before he calls the police.  I don’t know where she went.  But I have a hunch that you do.  So Woo Bin ah, lets make this easy, can you please just tell me where she is?’ Min Ho loudly sighed in desperation.

 

‘Shin Hye, gone?! Chinca? I didn’t hear anything from her about leaving the country’

 

‘Woo Bin ah, don’t play with me.  I’m not in the mood, I just want to find her’ Min Ho growled into his phone not amused by Woo Bin’s playful response.

 

‘Why are you so worked up? I’m sure she’ll reappear.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or maybe in two years, just be patient’

 

‘Yah! Woo Bin! Tell me what you know!’ Min Ho jumped from his couch and yelled in frustration, he knows Woo Bin knows more than he’s letting on.

 

‘Yah!  Didn’t your pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter