Wide Awake

Summer Night's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hajima!’

 

Woo Bin walked towards the shaken pair and pulled Shin Hye towards him like she was a string puppet following her master’s moves.

 

‘Yah! What are you doing? We weren’t done talking, it’s rude to interrupt’ Yong Hwa grabbed Woo Bin’s collar to tell him to back off.

 

‘It’s even more rude and cruel to force her to stand here and breakdown in front of you, don’t you think?’ Woo Bin retorted sarcastically and roughly pushed Yong Hwa away with his left arm.

 

‘Don’t follow us!  Leave us alone or I can’t promise that I’ll be nice.  My party, my rules!  Arasso?’ Woo Bin growled at Yong Hwa in a low tone.

 

Yong Hwa stood still in a state of shock, trying to digest the abrupt confrontation between them.  He began to wonder the relationship between the two of them. 

 

Isn’t Woo Bin, Min Ho’s wingman? Why did he get so worked up just now?

 

Woo Bin was filled with frustration and anger.  He was angry at Shin Hye for keeping everything to herself when he told her to talk to Min Ho.  But he was furious at Min Ho.  He warned Min Ho to stay away from Min Young, he made it more than crystal clear that he would detonate a bomb if he did it.  But did he listen? No of course not, because they’re just friends.  After hearing Shin Hye’s side of the story, Woo Bin was fuming pissed and wanted to get to the bottom of it all and protect her from him.

 

Why didn’t Min Ho listen to me? , why does he have to be so friendly?! And, why did he lie to her, did he really think Shin Hye wasn’t going to find out? Woo Bin you’re so stupid, of course not! If he thought about these questions he wouldn’t have lied to her.  Lee Min Ho, karma is going to catch up to you and you’ll soon realize that you don’t have the upper hand in this dangerous game you’re playing. 

 

‘Hajima!!’ Shin Hye yelled a spine-chilling scream at the top of her lungs.  She bucked her knees to plant her feet into the ground to prevent Woo Bin from dragging her any further to a corner of the rooftop.  

 

‘Stop treating me like a delicate doll! I’m a person, not an object! I have feelings too!’ she used all her strength to pry Woo Bin’s off her swollen wrist.

 

‘Mianhe’ Woo Bin whispered apologetically as he looked at her swollen wrist. ‘I just wanted to help…help you’ he stuttered.

 

‘I don’t need help.  I just need to be left alone!  I need time for everything to settle and realign itself.  It’s that simple and easy.’

 

‘Are you happy?’ he looked into her eyes searching to find a glimmer of hope.

 

‘What?’ she gave him a confused look.  She expected him to challenge her on refusing his help, but she didn’t think he would ask such a simple, but yet hard to answer, question.

 

‘Are you happy? Right here, right now?’ he slowly reiterated the question to let it register in her mind.

 

‘Happy?...I’m as happy as I can ever be’ she gave him a forced smile.

 

‘I have a boyfriend who loves me so much that he would go to the end of the world for me.  I’m at the top of my acting career.  I have two men that will protect me from anything.  I have a loving family supporting me in everything I do.  I got into the world’s most competitive film school for a masters in film.  Happy? Why am I not happy? Park Shin Hye’s life is so perfect.  Everyone looking in from the outside world would be envious of how all the puzzle pieces fit so nicely together in my life.’  She took the back of her hand and roughly wiped off the tears falling down her face.

 

‘Shinnie, I really want to help you but I won’t force the help if it’s not wanted.  If after all you’ve told Yong Hwa and these tears don’t convince your brain that you’re in a state of delusion and you’re trully ok, then so be it.  If you think the Park Shin Hye standing in front of me shines happiness, then I’ll leave you alone to do whatever you want.’

 

Woo Bin took a few steps closer to her and softly reached for her hand.

 

‘But, if there’s a slight chance, even if it’s a millimeter, you wake up from this dream…or nightmare, please know that I will be here for you.  I’ll be here to help you pick up the pieces.   I’ll be here as a pillar of support to the frail, lifeless Park Shin Hye I see standing in front of me.  I’ll be here any day, any hour, any minute.  As long as you make the call, I’ll pick up.’

 

Shin Hye was speechless to Woo Bin’s comforting words.  She desperately wanted to tell him that she wasn’t ok and that she needed help, but she wasn’t sure what type of help she needed.  Was it help to confront Min Ho? To run away from him? To revert back to her old self? She was completely lost and for once in her life, she didn’t know what she wanted because her heart wanted to be him but her brain told her to stay away from him, the farther the better.

 

‘Come on, I don’t think you can go back down there with these puffy panda eyes.  Go home and get some rest’ Woo Bin led her to a service elevator to avoid anyone else from seeing her in such a broken state.  He hailed her a taxi and instructed the driver to drop her off at her house and to call him to confirm that she arrived safely.  He would have driven her home, but if he was gone for another 40 minutes, the crowd downstairs would become suspicious on his where abouts since he was the one hosting the party after all.  Plus, Woo Bin wanted to talk to Min Ho, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter