Something.

Protecting Each Other.

Let me just tell you now that I did not take the news happily. I screamed at him, pushed him, shoved him, blamed him, I even slapped him ... And then when I had accepted the fact that he was was my brother, I screamed some more. He explained to me that the fact that he never found me was that his dad lost contact with my mother a few years before she died. After he had finished explaining to me everything, I gave him a hug and told him that I was happy it wasn't just me and my granddad. Meeting these guys has made me so bipolar.

The guys had gone back to their dorm, Kris and Lay in the spare bedroom, they insisted they stay a few nights to help me settle in. I lay awake that night putting all the pieces together. That boy in the photo had always been my brother and I never knew. Of course growing up I remember overhearing my mum on the phone speaking Chinese and asking about a boy named Zitao. I never really thought about it though. My dad never liked my mum speaking Chinese in the house therefore she couldn't teach me, so I couldn't understand what mum was saying but I remember the name. Zitao. It was years ago. The name had be long since forgotten and only now does it pop back up again. In human form. I go over everything that Tao told me. I think back to the photo he pulled out of his wallet of me and him. It was almost identical just different clothing and we looked younger. Maybe it was taken the year before mine. It made me think, where was Mina at the time? I called Tao and asked him. As it seems, Mina is not my mum's biological child. She's my dad's daughter. Explains a lot to be honest. Why she didn't show up to mum's funeral. How she's nothing like mum at all. 

The next day Tao and I explained the entire story to the rest of the guys and Andrena. There was a lot of shouting. A lot of questions. Why did you lie about being an only child? Why did you lie about both your parents being dead? Where is your sister? Why did you lie in general? To which I rudely yelled in response: I didn't know I had a brother and I hate my sister. So, my mother is the only dead one. My father is in prison, he may as well be dead too. My sister is somewhere in this big city. I lied because I didn't want to have to answer questions like the ones I'm answering now! A lot of the guys flinched and nodded their heads in understandment of why I just snapped. I also gathered up the courage to tell everyone who Mina is, to everyone's surprise. After I told them who Mina was and what she has done, I told everyone they could go, that they could stop being my friend now. All 13 of them told me that they would never stop being my friend just because Mina was my sister. Tao even offered to help me brush up on my martial arts. I haven't practised in years. 

Today, we were getting Toni from the airport. Me, Tao, Kris, Lay and Jongin and also the driver. Tao because he's my brother. Lay because he's become my best friend. Jongin because he is Toni's bias and having Jongin come will just mess with her head. Kris because ... well, I don't really know, he just comes with me where ever. I don't mind because I like him. Like like him, like him. 

Toni seemed like she was having fun. Sitting in the back with Jongin. Lay in the front seat and I was in between Tao and Kris in the middle seats. Kris was just twirling my long hair around his finger. So much skinship, I would blush but my brother is on the other side of me and that's just weeeeeird. When we got back to the appartment we took Toni's stuff into the room Lay and Kris had been sleeping in and she got settled in. We walked bact to the lounge and I went about my business until I felt 14 pairs of eyes on me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You didn't introduce us." Kyungsoo pouted and Toni nodded. 

"Do I look like your mother?" I asked in a bored tone. "Do I look like Suho? You all know how to introduce yourselves." I said and they all emerged into introductions. I sighed. Having this many friends is starting to become tiring. 

"What are you thinking about?" Kris said as he came up to me and leaned against the kitchen counter. 

"How I shouldn't make anymore friends for a while. Having 14 friends is enough for me. Especially if they're all going to hang here for most of the day." I smiled at him. "If you and Lay still want to crash here, the couches are free, unless Chanyeol had claimed them already. He said he was thinking about staying here tonight. He wanted some quiet time to write some songs. In case you didn't realize, he's been leaving his guitar here." I smiled as I watched Chanyeol and Lay fool around. I also spotted Chen, sitting in his corner reading what looks like a different book now, probably from my book shelf. Kid likes to read. I turned to Kris. "Or Lay and Chanyeol could crash on the couches and you could sleep on the couch in my room." Having a couch in my room sounds weird, but my room is quite large so I can fit a desk, my wardrobe, my queen sized bed and a couch plus a few draws. Even though I planned on living here alone, I would have spent a lot of time in my room. Kris accepted and Kyungsoo and I started working on dinner. Andrena and Toni seemed to be getting a long as they set up the table with the help of Chanyeol and Jongin. Suho also helped out a bit with the cooking. 

After dinner everyone had left. Toni was going to bed cos she was feeling jetlagged. Lay and Chanyeol were up, I could faintly hear them playing music and singing. I was lying in bed and Kris was on my couch. 

"What are you thinking about?" Kris asked me. Just like how he did earlier. He asks me this question a lot actually. 

"Maybe I should get a bigger appartment. 4 Bedrooms maybe." I said as I yawned. 

"Why's that?" Kris sits up and asks me. 

"Ever since I explained everything, you guys seem so dead set on protecting me which ever way you can, which means you'll be here a lot. And knowing Toni, she'll probably want to stay in Korea and save me from everything. Chanyeol and Lay really like appreciate how quiet it is here so, maybe I should get a 4 bedroom appartment. A room for me, one for Toni, one spare and one as a music room for you guys. Lay can bring a keyboard and set it up in there. I've always wanted a music room. I left my instrumments at Toni's parents house when I moved here. Maybe if I get a bigger place, I could ask Toni's parents to send it over." I explained excitedly. 

"You play? Do you write as well?" Kris asked me. Intrigued. 

"Yeah, I play guitar, piano and drums. Yeah, I write as well. I've been helping Lay and Chanyeol on the song they're working on now." I smile. 

"How come--" Kris began but I cut him off. 

"No more questions. I'm tired. Let's talk about it in the morning." I smiled at him and snuggle into my bed.

"Goodnight, Lucy." 

"Good night, Kevin." I joked before I fell asleed to what I thought was going to be a peaceful sleep but it wasn't. It was a nigtmare. About her.

 

~~~~~

Hey, guys. Sorry, I was so close to uploading this chapter yesterday and then my laptop shut down and I lost it all. So, because I had already written this chapter already, I got kind of lazy as you can probably tell. Also, to clear a few things up. Lucy and Mina have the same dad not mother. When Lucy's mum had Lucy, her mum was single, but eventually got back together with Lucy's dad. Haha. I know it's confusing. This is my first fanfic. Look after me pls. You shall get Chapter 8 tomorrow <3 saranghae!