Convince Me With Wisdom.

Protecting Each Other.

I really did call Toni once I landed. I didn't forget that. It was only a 3 hour flight and I already miss the guys. I was talking to Toni while I was in a taxi on my way to my granddad's shop. 

"So, the guys came over an hour ago searching for you. Tao told me about the argument that you didn't bother to tell me about. I let them worry for half an hour before they figured our where you were. Kris, Tao, Lay and Baekhyun left like 15 minutes ago to book a flight. They couldn't get one until tomorrow morning so I hope that gives you plenty of time to think yourself over. They're all crashing here. Tao looks pretty cut up so he's crashing with Kris in your room." Toni explained and after that I just broke down. I cried a lot. The driver was weirded out but I don't think he understood English so I guess that's okay. 

"I feel really bad." I sobbed. I calmed down and began to speak semi-normally. "I feel bad, but at the same time, I can breathe again. Granddad always told me growing up that 'One who would pick the roses, must bear the thorns'. I picked the most beautiful rose in the garden and I couldn't handle the thorn. The thorn is digging into me more, the tighter I try and hold on to the rose. I shouldn't have picked the rose in the first place. It's going to die anyway." I explained. 

"And what if it doesn't? What if you let the rose go and walk away only to have it lie on the ground alive forever?" Toni argued. 

"That's the decision I have to make isn't it?" I asked, my normal, calm voice returning. "I have to go. I'm at my granddad's shop." I told her I'd call her later tonight and hung up. I got my bag and walked into the shop to greet my granddad. 

"What a plesent surprise!" He exclaimed as he pulled me into a hug. I embraced him. I sighed and felt like I was home. I looked around after we pulled apart. 

"I haven't been gone for very long and you've done the place up again. I like this design. You should keep it like this for a while." I smiled at him. 

"What really brings you here, Luciana?" He asked me. 

"Isn't your grandaughter allowed to visit on the occasional off day?" I asked innocently. 

"Yes, but my grandaughter doesn't have such bad off days that she books a flight immediately to see her grandfather." He insisted. I sighed and sat down at a table. The shop wasn't open. It was a Sunday. The shop closes at 3PM on Sundays. He began to make some Ramyun while I explained to him my prodective time spent in Seoul.

"Harsh words and poor reasoning never settle anything, love. It took you a while to learn it, but you know that more than anyone." He told me.

"I know." I sighed.

"Life is very simple and yet we insist on making in difficult." He told me.

"So, you're saying that I should just kill Mina?" I asked. He laughed. 

"No, my dear. I'm saying that maybe the simpliest answer is the right one. People spend their lives thinking that there is some sort of difficult pattern in life. People tend to overthink. People's thoughts on life are irrelevant to what life is actually all about. Generations have changed and it's harder for simplicity to seep it's way to people through understanding. What is it you simply want in life?" He said.

"A family. The kind that disapeared once mum died. The 'tuck-you-into-bed' kind." I said. "Unconditional love." 

"Unconditional love is all around you. It's here in this very shop, it's with Toni and your brother and the rest of his group back in Seoul." He told me. "Your simple answer is right in front of you, love. You want your family, just simply fight." He shrugged as he handed me a bowl of my favorite ramyun. 

I took a walk around the surrounding buildings that night. Comparing it to the busy streets of Seoul. Not much was different. This place carried a bit more contientment. I thought over what grandad said and he had a point. He always has a point but all of a sudden this one with me more. I called Toni as I sat down on a park bench. 

"Today has been the longest day ever. It feels like a lifetime ago that I promised Kris that I was going to fight for us when in reality, it was only last night." I sighed and tried to laugh. 

"You're going to fight for the rest of us?" Toni asked.

"Can I hide here forever?" I asked hopefully.

"No." Toni replied.

"Then I guess I have no other option other than to fight." I sighed. 

"How did he plant this perspective in your head this time?" Toni laughed. 

"He used the power of simplicity." I laughed as I began to tell her the story as I made my way back to the shop. 

"Lay and Baekhyun are probably more excited to see your grandad then they is rescuing you. I guess the rescuing is left to the oler brother and the boyfriend." She joked as I walked into my grandads house. I made my way to the spare room I always claim when I'm in town.

"Of course Lay and Baekhyun are more excited to see him. I swear the only reason why Lay and I are as close as were are is because the old man is my grandad." I laughed. Toni and I talked for a little while longer and then we went hung up and I feel asleep.

 

~~~~~

I tried so hard to do the whole wisdom thing. In celebration of the new Lunar year, here's an early morning chapter. It's like 12:20AM in New Zealand. Hahahahahahahah. I hope this chapter is OK. Goodnight xx