The Unexpected

The S Squad

Sorry for the long wait. Here's the next chapter. 


TIME: 2300H

As expected, a speedboat came to stop at the dock. A few men in black came out first checking the surrounding of the dock, before entering the boat again. A while later, the same men were seen bringing cartons of different sizes out of the boat and loading it onto a car parked nearby.

The members saw the whole process and waited for the right time to come out of their hiding place. When they saw the lights of the boat being switched off, it was their signal to start.

“Go.” Tiffany instructed them.

Sooyoung started off by puncturing the car’s tire, to prevent them from driving the vehicle off. The rest of the members came out of their hiding place slowly, not wanting to gain any attention from the enemy. They took down the men one by one, before surrounding the entrance of the boat, to capture the mastermind.

“You’ve been surrounded by the SSF! I demand you to come out now, with your hands raised! ” Taeng shouted for the occupant inside to come out.

A few noises were heard before the door finally opened and out stepped a man in his 20s, wearing a smile on his face, with his hands raised. Everyone was shocked. Hyoyeon dropped her gun.

“Ahh.. The S Squad. Long time no see. After so long, you’ve finally manage to capture me.” The man said. “Eunhyuk?” Taeng said with wide eyes.

“Is this the way you’re supposed to great you long lost hyung, Taeng?” Eunhyuk looked at him.

“How are you, my love?” Eunhyuk turned and looked at Hyoyeon with a smirk.

Everyone didn’t expect the man behind the infamous Black Dragons to be someone who was once close to them. Someone they treated as a close friend, someone their treated as a brother. Someone whom they thought was part of the family.

“Guys, bring him back. We’ll be waiting at the pick-up point.” Tiffany who witnessed the whole situation brought her team mates back into the situation and instructed them to end the mission.

Clearing his throat, Taeng walked up to Eunhyuk and cuffed his hands behind his back, before dragging him away with Hyoyeon trailing behind. The rest of the members proceeded to check the surrounding once more before following the leader back.

---

“Where did those drugs came from?” Taeng was interrogating him, together with Tiffany.

“Come on Taeng, we’re all experienced in this field. You know this isn’t gonna work on me.” Eunhyuk crossed his legs and leaned back.

“Why were those drugs smuggled in to Seoul?” Taeng continued, ignoring him.

“Why would you think that I’d tell you?”

“Who’s behind all these? Who’s the mastermind of The Black Dragons?” Taeng was getting impatient.

“Na-uh. You’re not supposed to ask that question.” Eunhyuk was trying to provoke him.

“Lee Hyuk Jae!” Taeng banged his fist on the table. Eunhyuk smirked.

“Calm down TaeTae, I’ll try talking to him.” Tiffany patted his back and sent him over to the viewing room to cool down.

“Eunhyuk Oppa.” She then turned her direction over to the suspect.

“Wow Tiffany, you’re the only one who greeted me so far.” Eunhyuk continued joking.

Amongst all the S Squad members, Tiffany was considered to be one of the closest to Eunhyuk, other than Hyoyeon. Eunhyuk was the one who taught her all about mission planning and strategizing, and she learnt everything from him. He was the senior that she respected and looked up to the most. During her trainee days, she told herself that she wanted to be someone like Eunhyuk, someone who can lead and plan a mission well. Someone who can ensure her members that they would be safe during missions. Someone who her members can trust their lives on her.

When Eunhyuk suddenly passed away during a mission, or so they thought, she cried together with Hyoyeon. She couldn’t believe that her idol, her senior, her caring, patient, and kind mentor who taught her all along, would lose his life so suddenly. She was devastated.

Now, he was sitting right in front of her, with the same smile on his face, not beside her as a colleague, but on the chair where the suspect sits. After all these years, after all those tears and sadness, he was alive. Eunhyuk was alive and living well. But this time, they were on different sides. He turned his back against the force. The senior that she once respected a lot became a traitor.

“Eunhyuk Oppa.” Tiffany repeated, with tears b at her eyes.

“I’m thankful that you’re alive. But why did you do that?” Tiffany looked straight into his eyes, hoping that Eunhyuk would speak the truth, even when it’s too late to turn back.

There was a moment of silence and the two of them continued staring at each other, before Eunhyuk turned away and laughed softly.

“Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany. You’re still the same as when you were young, still so innocent. The world is more complicated than what is seen on the surface, my dear dongsaeng.” Eunhyuk told her.

“You see Tiffany, there are many types of people in this world and they have many different reasons to hold on to while living in the ugly reality. Some live for their friends. Some live for their loved ones. Some live for themselves. Some live for something else that’s really powerful in the world, money.” He answered.

“And why did I do that? Because I live for money. Money makes the world go round!”

“Didn’t SSF pay you enough? Didn’t SSF give you everything you need?”

“SSF did pay me enough for me to afford what I want. But they pay better. They promised to pay me double the amount of what SSF paid me!”

“How could you Oppa..” Tiffany couldn’t believe what he said. She didn’t want to believe that Eunhyuk was such person.

“That’s why I say Tiffany; the world is more than what you see.” He laughed.

“Oppa. You do know the consequences that you’d face right?”

“Oh Fany Fany Tiffany. I failed my mission in delivering the goods. I would die anyway. It’s either I get a death sentence, or killed by the Black Dragons. It doesn’t matter. I still got the money.” Eunhyuk laughed louder.

“Eunhyuk Oppa.. Money isn’t everything. Money can give you the things you need. Money can give you happiness. But money can’t buy back your once close friends and comrades who treated you as a part of the family. Money can’t buy back your life.” Eunhyuk became silent.

“Your sentence will be released three days later.” Tiffany stood up and walked towards the exit.