The Answer

The S Squad

Here's a long chapter to make up for the lack of updates during the past few weeks.


“Good job Fany.” Sunny said when Tiffany entered the viewing room. Everyone else was present to witness the interrogation.

“Hyo.. you wanna talk to him?” Tiffany approached her.

“I…”

“Hyo, go and talk to him. At least listen to his explanation. Ask him about his disappearance. “

“…Alright.” Hyoyeon took a deep breath before entering the interrogation room.

Her mind was flooded with all the questions that she wanted to ask him, about his disappearance, about his betrayal. When Hyoyeon first saw him walking out of the boat, she couldn’t believe her own eyes.  She chose to believe that he was innocent, that maybe he was captured by The Black Dragons, which was why he was suddenly “dead”.  But when she heard Eunhyuk admitting to his wrongdoings, she was beyond shocked. The guy that she loved more than anything else left her and the force for their enemy. All these years, Hyoyeon couldn’t move on from her lover’s sudden death. He was always there, by her side, brightening up her days. Hyoyeon couldn’t forget him. How could he do that to her?

When Hyoyeon entered the room and took a seat in front of Eunhyuk, tears started streaming down her face. He was there, right in front of her, breathing, alive and well.

“Why?” She chocked on her tears.

Eunhyuk was starting to feel the guilt creeping up. He couldn’t bear to face her.  Not when he was the cause of her tears.

“Why did you do that?” Hyoyeon repeated her question.

There was a moment of silence, before Eunhyuk spoke.

“I’m sorry.” That was all he could say.

“Did you know how hard it was for me to cope with the news?” Anger took over her sadness. After all these years that he had lied to everyone about his death, all he could say was to apologise? She needed more than that.

“Did you know how heartbroken I was? It was as if a piece of me died.”

“I’m sorry.” He repeated.

“I don’t want to hear your apologies, hyuk. I need an explanation.”

Hyuk. It has been so long since he heard her calling him that. He missed it. Badly. What was he thinking? Choosing money and greed over someone who loved him more than herself?

“I wasn’t thinking clearly. I was blinded by greed. I was selfish. And now I regret it.” Eunhyuk cried.

Hyoyeon closed her eyes and tooked a deep breath, before asking what she had always wanted to.

“All these while…did you ever love me?” She stared right into his eyes. Hoping to hear what she wanted.

“… Yes.”

“That’s all I needed to hear.” Hyoyeon walked over to his side with tears streaming down her face. She knelt down and gave him one last kiss, the kiss which was long overdue, before walking out and never sparing a look back. As much as she loved him, he betrayed her and the force. He betrayed everyone who trusted him. Betrayers were supposed to die. Eunhyuk would get the inevitable death sentence. And the moment when he betrayed her, her love for him died as well.

---

As much as Yul hated Eunhyuk for betraying them and for hurting Hyoyeon, he needed answers. He needed to know where Jessica was. And Eunhyuk would know the best. After Hyoyeon left the interrogation room, it was Yul’s turn to enter. He waited for Eunhyuk to calm down before interrogating him.

“Where is Jessica?” He went straight to the point.

“I don’t know.” Eunhyuk sniffled.

“Where. Is. Jessica?” He didn’t have time for games.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know.” Eunhyuk repeated.

“Where the hell is Jessica?!” Yul stood up and grabbed Eunhyuk by his collar.

“I don’t know!”

“What do you mean you don’t know! You worked for them!” He then punched Eunhyuk straight in the face.

“Yul!” Taeng came running in together with Yoong and Sooyoung, trying to control the situation.

“Calm down!” Taeng and Sooyoung held him back while Yoong when over to help Eunhyuk.

“She disappeared ever since the explosion! The explosion was done by you guys! Where is she!” Yul tried to escape from Taeng’s and Sooyoung’s grip.

“I don’t know! I was only told to make sure that the hideout blew out and nothing was to be left!” Eunhyuk told him.

“You bastard!” Yul broke away and went over to punch Eunhyuk again.

“Kwon Yul!” Taeng held Yul back and threw him against the wall.

“Punching him won’t bring you answers!”

“He blew the place Taeng! He was the one behind it!”

“I know!”

“If you were to continue being like this, I’ll have to suspend you from this case Yul.” Taeng told him.

Yul took a deep breath, straightened his shirt before answering Taeng, “I’m fine. I’ll behave. I’m sorry.”

“If this happens again, you’ll leave me with no choice Yul.” Taeng said before leaving the room with the other two guys.

Yul went back to his seating before continuing with his interrogation.

“What happened after the place blew out?” He tried to be as calm as possible.

“I was told that, th-the boss sent some men to sc-scan the area to make sure that everything was des-destroyed.” Eunhyuk stuttered.

“Who’s your boss?”

“I- I don’t know. I s-swear. I only know that he’s in Japan, where the main hideout of The Black Dragons is at.” He answered.

“Where in Japan?” Yul was desperate.

“Tokyo.”

“When you said the boss sent men to scan the area, did they.. did they managed to find anything?” He asked hesitantly.

“They found a casualty and brought her back to the hideout. I didn’t think of anything back then. I thought it was someone from The Black Dragons that got injured.” Eunhyuk told him.

Yul remained silent.  Jessica..

“I’m sorry Yul. I really am.” Eunhyuk braced himself for another attack.

“I’ll kill you right now if I can, slowly and brutally. But you’re going to get a death sentence for your sin. I’ll leave it as it is.”

---

When Yul entered the viewing room, everyone remained silent and no one dared to approach him. Everyone was still shocked to witness that side of Yul. Yul had never shown that side of him before. Not even when Jessica was still with them.

“Yul..” Taeng went up to him.

“I’m heading over to Japan. I need your permission Taeng.” Yul told him.

“No. It’s too risky!”

“I need to get Jessica back! I need her!” Yul started breaking down in front of his team mates. After all these months of hiding his emotions, he finally let it out. During those few months, he was too calm and too quiet. It got everyone worried. When they witnessed Yul breaking down, they were relieved. At least Yul still had emotions.

“We know Yul, we know. We’ll all go together. We’ll save Jessica and bring her back together.” Taeng hugged his best friend and consoled him, hoping that he would be able to calm him down and make him feel better. At least now they know that their missing member is in Japan, in the hands of The Black Dragons.

Thank you for staying alive, Jessica.