The Epilogue

The S Squad

So, this is it. Please do read the ending note after the epilogue. Thank you!


When The S Squad returned to SSF with Jessica, they received warm welcome, well praise and respects – if they could even earn more – from their fellow agents. The wounded were treated immediately by the best doctors in the force, as ordered by the director.

Hyoyeon was scheduled for some counselling sessions and went through them well, but she would still shudder and unintentionally threw some glares at those who she caught them ‘playing’ that deadly game, or any other game for the matter. The rest were teasing her, saying that she was too serious and uptight, and that she should forget about the incident since nobody was blaming her. But they were in fact, secretly worried about their choding, and secretly hoping that she would be back to her usual prankster self, being easily controlled by her mood swings. But all it took was a new guy transferee who goes by the name of Doojoon from the police force to SSF for Hyoyeon to be distracted from the past, for good.

Sooyoung was treated with his bullet wound, occasionally blaming Sunny for “acting irrationally” but would be pacified after a few cute acts and watery eyes from Sunny, accompanied with food. Food does wonder to Sooyoung, and the rest would tease Sooyoung saying that he was whipped.

Sunny was really apologetic and guilty that she caused Sooyoung to be shot, but she did not show it in front of her boyfriend, knowing that he was a stupid giant with a small and warm heart, which explains why she stayed throughout the bedside and attended to his needs whenever possible. She always had to be dragged out by the nurses so that they could examine Sooyoung properly. But once he recovered, they returned back to the giant and shorty couple. The cute couple that everyone would squeal every time when they witnessed them bickering. The couple that was different in so many ways but still made up for each other’s’ shortcomings.  

Yoong and Seohyun finally - after almost a decade - got together officially, to the delights of their fellow team mates. Those two were always too obvious in everyone’s else eyes except they themselves. And all it took was a near death experience for them to realise their young and innocent love towards each other. Yoong would always be seen with Seohyun, claiming that he had to ‘protect’ Seohyun in case anything happens again, even after several assurances from Seohyun till she gave up. He even offered to help Seohyun by giving extra trainings to ensure that Seohyun would be able to protect herself if he was not there for her. Though Seohyun would scold him every single time for sticking around, she would always be seen wearing a small smile every time by the rest of the members. And they were glad that the two youngest grew up well.

Taeng was worried when he was told by the doctor that he had a broken nose, saying that Tiffany would not answer his question anymore for sure now that he was ‘disfigured’. But the doctor fixed it well and he could not wait for him to fully recover, saying that it would take too long for the thing that he was planning to do. So he asked Tiffany THE question for them to take on lives on the next chapter together, with a bandage on his nose, wearing a stupid yet genuinely happy smile when she replied with a simple yet meaningful and ‘all-he-had-to-hear’ YES.  And Tiffany of course, was laughing and crying while announcing it to the whole force with her ever loud voice. But she was secretly proud that Taeng chose her to be his ‘only one’ till forever, knowing how the guy had his fair share of popularity for being the leader of the squad, even despite after them getting together officially.

Krystal could not help but cry hard when she finally saw her sister, same to the S Squad members, after having held their emotions in from the turmoil. They managed to bring their ninth member back alive. They can be reunited as nine again.

Jessica was treated in the intensive care unit for her physical and mental wounds. She passed out from the fatigue and torture and went into coma for a good three weeks, before she finally did wake up. Her wounds took a few months to recover fully, even though scars were left on the used-to-be flawless skin and body. But the doctors told her that those could be fixed with cosmetic surgery. She had nightmares even two months after the accident but all was well after a few sessions of counselling and warmth from a certain someone that would occasionally sneak in to the intensive care unit at night.

And Yul. He could not be more thankful when his plan worked.

Flashback

The moment when Hyoyeon pulled the trigger, it was Yul’s signal.

He fell down on the ground, hoping that the bullet somehow managed to hit Jay instead. He knew his shotgun well enough to estimate the speed, distance and impact of the bullet. But he was a little too slow and the bullet managed to graze his shoulders. He knew the bullet would slow down a little, since he caused some kind of ‘friction’ but it would still be able to reach the target.

And true enough, shortly after he fell, the impact of the bullet was heard. Jay groaned and was seen vomiting blood before falling for good. He knew that this method would caught him off-guard because he was blocked by Yul of Hyoyeon’s action.

The bullet did not manage to kill him for good, but did its job by holding him unmoved on the ground. The moment Jay fell, the remaining man, Taecyeon, fled off the scene almost immediately. Talk about loyalty between gang members. The conscious members were glad that things finally ended for good and literally cried hard together till help arrived.

Jay was sentence to death by the judge, and the remaining members of the gang where sentence to lifetime jail terms as well. The Black Dragons organisation was demolished for good.

Flashback ends

Shortly after Jessica recovered, Yul followed the footsteps of Taeng, minus the un-glam and adding on a more romantic atmosphere.

He asked for Jessica’s hand in marriage on the day when all the members were promoted and awarded for their bravery and loyalty towards the force and the team. When it was Yul’s turn to receive his new rank and badge for his great judgmental and leadership skills, he asked for the mic from the director and went up in front of Jessica, before kneeling down and popping the question with everyone from the force as his witness. That of course resulted in Jessica saying yes without any hesitation, and Tiffany complaining to Taeng saying how he was un-romantic as compared to Yul.

And the nine then took on another chapter of their story together again, with a few other additions to the family.

“Hey babe, you free tonight?”

“I’m not sure. Why?”

“Well, I was thinking of going out on a date with you.” He gave her a cheeky smile.

“I don’t know what time training would end. We can just eat at the cafeteria.” The girl replied nonchantly.

“Man how is dating at the cafeteria fun. And it doesn’t even provide the same atmosphere as compared to dining outside…” The guy mumbled the last part softly, but the girl was still able to catch it.

“What does it has to do with the atmosphere?”

“Because I want to ask you to be my girlfriend officially!” He confessed and then smack his head when he realised what he just said.

“Kwon Wendel! No flirting with my daughter!” The instructor came over to the couple and pulled the guy’s ear.

“Ouch! Uncle Kim! I wasn’t! I just wanted to ask her out!” Wendel cried while trying to free himself.

“Who said you could ask her out! Why are you asking her out during training when you should be completing your mission on hand! Your team mates would have died!” The instructor pulled his ears harder.

“Ouch ouch ouch! Uncle we’re already done infiltrating and rescuing our team mates out!!” He couldn’t stop jumping, hoping that it would ease the pain.

“Kim. Taeng.” Two words from this particular someone managed to stop Taeng from doing what he was doing to the poor guy. Wendel then ran and hide behind that person.

Everyone stopped their training and stood still when the said figure walked in. No one dared to move fearing that they would receive the same treatment that Taeng was receiving now.

“Alright, we’re done for the day. Class dismissed.” Sensing the awkwardness, Taeng immediately dismissed his class, not wanting to be embarrassed in front of his trainees.

“I see you’re giving intensive trainings to my son despite him clearly finished his task early?” The figure asked with her brows raised.

 “Oh. Hahahaha about that. Just training his endurance level.” Taeng laughed dryly, praying that he would be able to get out of this situation alive.

“Hey Taeng! Did you see- Oh baby I’ve been looking for you all around!” He heaved a sigh of relieved when he saw his savior.

“Mommy I told you to stop calling me a baby. Especially when we’re in the training academy.” The girl muttered embarrassingly.

“Oh baby, you’ll always be my baby!” Tiffany went over and hugged her girl.

“Hey what about me! You used to call me that but stopped when this pinky came out!” Taeng complained.

“But she’s really my baby. Our baby.” Tiffany continued to the girl’s hair.

“Ehem.” The figure who was ignored previously decided to make her presence known.

“Oh Jess. What brings you here?” Tiffany asked when she finally noticed her best friend.

“Your possessive husband over here, decided to pull my son’s ear just because he was trying to ask Irene out officially after so long.” Jessica glared at Taeng.

“Oh my god Wendel! Finally! Me and your mom were like guessing how long it would take for you. Guess you’re not as cool as your dad huh?” Tiffany teased, but stopped when she felt piercing glares on her.

“Ahaha. Just kidding Jess. And you Taeng! Didn’t you complain and say that if Wendel don’t up his game and ask your daughter out, you’re gonna make sure that he has the balls to? And now you punished him even when he finally asked her out?” Tiffany tried to diver the attention back to Taeng.

“Well I just couldn’t bear to send her off when the time comes because Irene’s our precious pinky baby.” Taeng tried to give his daughter a hug but received a roll of eyes instead.

“Can you guys just leave this to us and stop embarrassing me because I let it slipped off my tongue accidentally?” Wendel spoke up after all the drama.

“Right of course Wen. But if you need any help, you can always come to us. Or to your dad.” Tiffany chuckled.

“Come to me for what?” The mentioned guy appeared at the door.

“For some tips to woo girls. Irene, to be specific.” Wendel replied his dad, after receiving a ruffle on his hair.

“Oh. I’ve only wooed one girl in my life, so I don’t have much experience. But I gotta say, everything would work out as long as you love her most in the world.” Yul replied while looking at Jessica, giving her his sweetest smile.

“Enough with the cheesiness you Kwons and Kims. It’s time for the orientation ceremony! Can we not be late every single year?!” Yoong came and rushed the two families out for orientation.

It would always be the same every year, having them running to the hall just in time, catching their breath and straightening their uniforms out on stage. But no matter how comically they appeared – there was once Taeng the leader slipped while trying to climb three steps at once – how many laughter they bring to the trainees and agents, they would always be the most respected and renowned in SSF, The S Squad.