The Hideout

The S Squad

Double update to pay back for the long wait. I'm on a roll lately. Apologies in advance if my description , it probably do. /: 

*OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder


Yul was loading his pistol for the first round of shooting when Yoong appeared at the door.

“Hey hyung, Seo called, saying that she managed to get some information.” With that said, the two guys were seen running towards the meeting room.

When they arrived, everyone else has already gathered, seated around the table. They took a seat nearest to them before Seohyun started the meeting.

“Unnies and oppas, after five days, I’m relieved to announce that I’ve managed to get some leads.” She said while clicking on the wireless remote. The hologram reappeared with many screenshots, and red digital numbers shown on top.

“After a week of waiting, I’ve come to a conclusion that the leader, whom I assumed to be in the car, would arrive at the base every morning before sunrise approximately at around 0530hr, and would depart when the clock strikes 12 or 0000hr every midnight. This conclusion was drawn after four days of observation, apart from the first three days which he didn’t appear.” Seohyun explained with the screenshots shown while the others nodded in response.

“This means, we have exactly 5hrs and 30mins to get Jessica out of the hideout.” Tiffany stood up and went beside Seohyun.

“There’s more than ample time.” Sooyoung stated.

“No. We’re unsure of what’s inside as of now. Who knows, there’re more gang members within.” Tiffany reasoned.

“So do we start planning now?”

“We will soon, after I drop the black marble in to access the hideout later.” Seohyun told them.

“Later?”

“Yes. Me, Seohyun and Taeng will be going on site tonight.”

“But, this is too sudden Tiffany.”

“I know, but Jessica can’t wait for any longer, Sunny.” She stated.

“Seohyun will drop the marble in as soon as the doors open and then we’ll leave, that’s it. We’ll come back to the base and access the hideout all together from the computers.” Tiffany explained.

“Well, at least bring some of us along, in case of any emergency.” Hyoyeon suggested.

“I would like to but it’d bring more unwanted attention. We wouldn’t want to fail the mission even before we start, right? Besides, Taeng will be there if anything happen.” Tiffany assured her team mates.

But she would be kidding if she said she wasn’t nervous at all. Who wouldn’t be when they were going to trespass the hideout of the biggest criminal organization is Asia? But Tiffany didn’t have the time to break down and worry. Her best friend’s life was in line. Besides, it wasn’t even the real mission yet. All they had to do was to go there, wait for the floor to open up, and drop the marble in then leave, as easy as that. Nothing would go wrong, right? She pushed her worry to the back of her mind, before dismissing the meeting to prepare for the night.

---

The three of them were currently waiting for the clock to strike 12. Tiffany had told Seohyun that they’d only have one chance and if they screw it, then they’ll have to face the Black Dragons up front. Hearing her unnie’s words, Seohyun was starting to get worried. It was her first time to be out on field for a mission. Each time, she would only have to stay behind the screen to guide her members. Seohyun didn’t want to control her marble, but insisted that she’d roll it in instead, simply because it’d be more normal for the marble to drop down than to float around.

When the digital clock in the vehicle beep, signaling the start of another day, Seohyun exited the car and hide behind the bushes that the men from Black Dragons head to activate the opening. At first Tiffany was against her idea, saying that it’s too insane and dangerous and Seohyun would risk getting caught. But Seohyun assured her unnie, telling her that it’s the safest and blind spot on the cameras around.

Her heart was thumping rapidly behind her ribcage and Seohyun could her heart beating against her eardrums. She had to make sure that the marble rolls directly into the opening. She couldn’t afford to fail or their trip here would be wasted. She prayed that her trips to her bowling alley with her members during their free time would serve as an advantage to her in the situation. Checking her watch, she has exactly 20 seconds left to calm herself down. The feeling was worse than when she was taking her assessment to graduate as an official agent. It made her realized that her team mates probably had to go through this kind of feelings every mission and her admiration for them grew more.

Taking a deep breath and surveying her surrounding one last time, Seohyun got ready in stance. Yoong had told her before that she had to stay low when she let go of the bowling ball, so that she’d reduce the friction caused by the ball hitting the ground, and there will be more kinetic energy for the ball to go faster.

Looking around for a clear path for her marble, she saw a red button hidden deep within the bushes. So that’s what they do to open those doors. She thought. Before she could take a closer look, the ground rumble and vibrated and then the opening appeared. Now is it. She went low, drew her hands back, and threw the marble as hard as she can, like how Yoong taught her. Please please please. And the marble fell in. She thanked Yoong silently for those bowling lessons he gave her, before going back into her hiding spot again, waiting for the car to drive off. Seohyun then hurried back off the vehicle before Taeng stepped on the pedals, driving back to the base. Now all they have to do was to study the hideout, before carrying out their rescue mission.

But unknown to them, a pair of eyes were copying their moment. The person then pushed the visor of the helmet down, before speeding off to where the trio went.

---

After they arrived back at the base, everyone else immediately gathered in front of the computers, with Seohyun leading them, typing on her keyboard and then a foreign surrounding shown up.

“What the heck..”

The hideout was opposite of how they expected it to look like. It was dark and badly illuminated. It seems more like an abandoned subway station from the past, with the walls chipped and greened from molds. As much as the opening for the hideout was modern and cool, the same can’t be said to the inside. Controlling the marble carefully, some steel chairs were shown around, and an office chair was placed in front of a heavy wooden table towards the other side. There was a door towards the end, but Seohyun can’t navigate the marble into the room as there wasn’t any gap beneath. It was as if the door was designed similar to those in prison cells, fitting it exactly to the opening, with no gap and nothing, locking people inside for good.

Words weren’t exchange between the members. They couldn’t imagine Jessica to be locked up in a place with such bad conditions. As her nickname suggested, Jessica was the ice princess. As ice and cold as she could be, she was still treated as a princess. She was Yul’s princess. Jessica would always complain whenever Yul hugged her with his sweaty body after training, or when Sooyoung talked with his mouth full. She would always make sure that all her members practice good hygiene habit, stating that it’s for their own good so that they wouldn’t fall sick easily. And the members would in turn tease Jessica for having OCD but they knew that she was thinking for their benefits.

Yul was choking back his tears, his princess wasn’t supposed to be locked in a place like this. His princess was supposed to be treated like a real royalty, with much love and care. His emotions were mixed around he didn’t know what to feel. Should he be sorry for his princess to be locked in such environment and not rescuing her any sooner, or be angry that those Black Dragons had the guts to lock his princess up.

He clenched his jaws and fists. He prayed that the leader won’t end up in his hands, because he’ll make sure that he suffers twice the fate of what he did to Jessica. If not, he’ll kill him himself.  

Whoever you are, you’ll pay for what you did to my princess. My Jessica.