The Revelation

The S Squad

I will not be able to update till next week so here's the next chapter. Do take note that it's still part of the flashback. 


Flashblack

It’s been three months since Jessica’s disappearance and Yul’s not awake yet. Through these three months, the seven other members were diligently searching for their missing member, day and night. Search teams have also been deployed all over South Korea to help in the search. However, there wasn’t any news yet. But they didn’t give up.

As diligently as they were searching for Jessica, they took turns to look after Yul too. They were worried about him. What if he wouldn’t wake up? What if he’s in comatose state forever? The doctors weren’t able to give them a definite answer as to when the said guy would be awake, but they members prayed for him to open his eyes soon.

“Taeng..” After a night of searching around Seoul, Tiffany went over to join her boyfriend at the hospital.

“Hey princess.” He gave her a warm embrace, after seeing how tired she was.

“How’s Yul?” They stayed in the position while they talked.

“Still the same. Nothing changed. What about you? Found anything?” Taeng caressed her face and help tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Nothing too.”

“Don’t worry. There’s still tomorrow.” Taeng tried to cheer her up. It wasn’t like Tiffany to be discouraged. That girl was always so full of energy, so determined, so positive.

“Taeng.. Do you think he’d wake up?” She asked, while looking at Yul. The supposedly hyperactive and healthy young man was lying lifelessly on the hospital bed, his face pale.

“He will. He’s Yul.” Yul was the strongest physically among the members. He always took good care of his health.

“What are you going to do when he wakes up?”

This question has been on Taeng’s mind ever since his best friend fell into coma. How was he going to explain to Yul, that Jessica went missing and couldn’t be found? The young man would be so broken. If Taeng and Tiffany are the most popular couple in SSF, then it would make Yul and Jessica the couple that everyone’s jealous of. They may not be as sweet as Taeng and Tiffany in public, but their love for each other was so strong and beautiful that everyone was jealous of them. It was as if they were a match made in heaven. Both love each other equally. No more, no less.

“I don’t know.” He wasn’t sure if he was able to bring himself to deliver the news or not.

“Taeng, we’ll need to tell him no matter what.”

“I know. Maybe I’ll wait for his condition to be more stable first.” He was trying to buy himself some time, to muster up his courage to break the news to Yul.

---

Taeng was searching for information regarding The Black Dragons. After that incident, it was as if they disappeared. But Taeng needed to capture them and have them executed, for what they’ve done to his two members.

“Hyung!” Yoong burst into the room panting.

“What is it?” Taeng asked without turning to face Yoong, continuing his search on the system.

“Hyung. The.. The.. Hospital.” That managed to catch Taeng’s attention.

“What about the hospital?”

“Yul Hyung. He’s awake.” He immediately ran off.

When he arrived at Yul’s ward, the doctors and nurses were surrounding the bed. He got pushed out by one of the nurses, saying that the doctors were currently checking up on Yul. He waited outside before he was allowed to enter.

Not long after, the rest of the members came running down the hallway and bombarded him with questions.

“Where’s Yul?”

“How is he?”

“Is he okay now?”

“Did the doctor said anyting?”

He looked at them before answering, “I don’t know. The doctors are still inside.” As soon as he finished the sentence, the door opened and the doctors came out.”

“May I speak to the legal guardian of Kwon Yul?”

Taeng walked up to him. “I’m his legal guardian. We’re his squad mates.”

“He has awakened and his condition is looking good so far. However, please refrain from exhausting him mentally or mentioning anything or anyone sensitive that would trigger his emotions. He needs ample rest at the moment.” The doctors informed them.

“Alright. We’ll take note of it. Thanks a lot doctor.” Taeng shaked his hands before entering the ward with his other members.

“Hyung!”

“Oppa!”

“Yul!”

Everyone was shedding tears of joy when they saw Yul sitting up on his bed.

“Oh my god! We thought you wouldn’t wake up and we were so damn scared.” Tiffany went over to hug him.

“Are you feeling okay?” Yul wasn’t responding. They were worried. Didn’t the doctor said that his condition was fine? How come he wasn’t talking?

“Yul?”

“I’m fine guys. I feel alright. Sorry for making you guys worried.” He finally replied, after a minute of silence. Everyone was relieved at last.

They were telling him how much they missed him, how it felt like when he wasn’t together with them and how the dorm was so quiet without his presence. They purposely left out the part on what happened after the explosion. While they were chatting, they heard a sniffle within the room.  Everyone looked around and they saw their leader, their ever strong and confident leader, the one who always encouraged them and lead them, broke down into tears at a corner.

“Guys, let’s head out for a while and give them some time.” Tiffany told the rest and ushered them out. She knew that the guy was suffering so much during this period of time but held it in. She went over to him, wipe his tears, and gave him a kiss before walking out, leaving the two best friends alone.

“Taeng…” Yul and Taeng have been best friends since they both entered SSF as trainees. Their friendship goes way back. Never once had Yul saw Taeng shed a tear. Not even when the both of them were separated for the first time to different departments and Yul was crying like a baby. Taeng, as his name suggests, was always calm and collected. Seeing Taeng cried for the first time and it was because of him, Yul couldn’t help but feel sorry and heart broken. He went out of bed and engulfed Taeng in a hug.

“I’m so sorry buddy, for letting you get worried.” Yul apologized.

“No I should be the one who’s sorry. If only I made it in time.” Taeng felt guilty that he didn’t protect his team mates, his best friend, well.

“It’s not your fault. I’m fine.”

“You should let go of me now. I feel so gay.” Taeng said, trying to ease the atmosphere. Yul chuckled. The silence was comforting for the two best friends. Until Yul broke it by asking Taeng what he feared of.

“Where’s Sica?” He tensed up, which didn’t go unnoticed by Yul.

“She didn’t make it.” Yul asked or more like stated. He predicted it, but he just wanted a confirmation.

“Yul. She’s missing.” Taeng looked up into his eyes, trying to figure out his emotions.

“Of course, who could’ve survive that explosion..”

“No Yul. Be positive. Sica was trained to deal with such situations. She would’ve escaped. We’ll be able to find her.” Taeng was trying to be positive for his best friend. They needed to believe in Jessica’s abilities. She didn’t graduate as the best on-field specialist for nothing. Her skills were acknowledged by everyone else in the force. She would have escaped the explosion, staying alive. She needed to stay alive.

Yul smiled and nodded his head. Ever since that day of revelation, he was never the hyperactive Yul again. He became calm and quiet. He didn’t even shed a single tear. He promised Jessica to be strong. He needed to be strong.

‘Sica baby. Please stay alive and wait for me. I’ll find you.’

Flashback ends