The Spy

The S Squad

Surprise. Or not. Here's the next chapter. It's different from the rest. Enjoy.


“Wake up.” Water was splashed on her face. She opened her eyes groggily. 

“So, have you decided to give up? It’s been three months and my patience is running thin, my dear.” The leader, who was known as Jay, ran his fingers around her face.

It’s been three months since she has been brought to hostage by The Black Dragons. She was thankful that she managed to survive the explosion. Luckily, or unluckily, one of the men spotted her when she got blown off by impact. And she has been locked up by them since that very day. They were kind enough to have provided her with the basic necessity for her to survive till this day. But she felt that she was as good as dead. Her wounds weren’t being treated and the constant torture from them didn’t help much for her wounds to heal. She was drained physically and mentally.

“Let’s go easy today shall we?” Jay was seen walking around the long wooden table, where all the weapons were laid nicely on top, some stained with her blood. Jay then picked up the studded leather whip, and polished it with a cloth.

“Oh honey, you don’t have to tell me if don’t want to, you can show me. You just have to let me access SFF’s database. It’s simple as that.” Jay spoke as he approached her slowly.

At first, Jessica thought that they would kill her, since her was practically their enemy. But The Black Dragons were more than what SSF thought they were. All these while, all the crimes and drugs they did were just a distraction for SSF, to divert the attention away from their main objectives. The Black Dragons were more than just a crime organization from the underworld. They wanted to take over SSF and rule Korea. Jessica only realized after the so many rounds of torturous ‘interrogation’ from the leader himself. And she wished that SSF would found out about it somehow, even though it was nearly impossible to. The Black Dragons had everything planned out well from the start.

“I’m sure you know something, you’re the best on-field specialist from SSF.” Jay said while whipping the leather whip against the cemented wall which cracked upon impact.

Jessica bit her inner cheeks. She needed to survive this. She’s been tortured for three months straight and this wasn’t even anywhere near the worst that she had experience. She needed to be alive. For the force. For her sister. For her team. For him.  

Sensing no reply from Jessica, Jay whipped her across her torso.

If screaming could help reduce the agonizing pain, Jessica would scream till she tastes blood. But she was too tired too. Her wounds from yesterday were still bleeding and the hit had to just worsen old wounds and add new ones on to her body. She was barely hanging on to the chains holding her from the ceiling. She was like a ragged doll. Every part of her skin was nearly torn apart and fleshes were showing everywhere, with blood sipping through wounds every now and then. She almost wanted to die. Almost. But she to hang on for those she loved and loved her.

“Still not replying? I’m enjoying a little too much I see.” Jay was preparing to give her a second whip, before a lady stepped in and stopped him.

“Enough Jay. She’d die before we get any answers.” She said before ushering Jay out, saying that she’ll take over.

After Jay stepped out of the room, there was silence for a minute.

“Are you okay?” The lady whispered.

Jessica’s eyelids were barely opening, but hearing the familiar voice, she forced herself to look at the woman in front of her, before nodding. She then took out a cloth to help stop Jessica’s bleeding.

BoA was another reason why Jessica was holding on till now. A few weeks after Jessica was captured and tortured to nothing, Jay left the hideout saying that he would go do his ‘job’ while he let Jessica think if she wanted to have the easy way out. Jessica thought that she would finally be able to ‘rest’ and hopefully think of a way out.

One day, a lady came in and woke her up when she passed out from exhaustion. Jessica thought that she was here to get answers out from her, and she braced herself for another torture session. But what the woman said shocked Jessica. The woman introduced herself as BoA, a spy from SSF.  She acted as a double agent for The Black Dragons against SSF to gain their trust. She told Jessica that she first suspected about the Black Dragons being more than just a crime organization three years back, but when she told Soo Man about it, he didn’t believe her. She then decided to act on her own, going rouge and investigate the case by herself. Since then, she managed to gain the trust of the Black Dragons, earning her spot as to where she was now.

At first, Jessica didn’t believe her. But every time after her torture, BoA would always come and check on her, helping her with her wounds and telling her to hang on. BoA had explained to her that she was in the Black Dragon’s hideout in Japan, locked three levels under ground floor, and it was almost impossible for her to escape. But BoA promised to get her out. This was why Jessica had managed to survive these three months, hoping that she’ll make it out alive somehow to see her loved ones again.

“I’ve received signals about one of SSF’s planes landing in Narita Airport today.” Jessica widened her eyes at the new information.

“I believed your team mates are here to find you. I’ll try to get in touch with them. Meanwhile, you’ll just have to survive this ordeal.” BoA whispered.

“It’s time to bring them down. I’ll make sure you make it out alive. You hear me Jessica?” she nodded. BoA gave her a last look, before exiting the room, leaving Jessica alone again.

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her team mates are here to save her. They managed to find her. Jessica was almost on the verge on giving up hope that she would see them again. But this was probably the greatest news she had heard so far. How she’d miss her annoying yet lovely team mates, her not-so-little baby sister who grew up to be taller than her, and most importantly, him. Ever since the day when Jessica was brought to hostage, never a day did Jessica not thought about him.

She had never been separated with him for so long before. They had practically been together since they were young, being trainees in the training school. Even though he was the one who had been keeping conversations going between them, never once did she find him annoying. Jessica knew that he was different from the rest of the trainees, those who either avoided her for her cold façade, or tried to talk to her because of her beautiful features. Not that she was too proud, but Jessica knew she was beautiful. At least that was what he had been telling her since they met. But falling in love with him wasn’t what Jessica predicted and as uncertain as she was, she took the risk to start a new chapter of her life with him, knowing that he would treat her heart well. And she had never regretted since then. It was probably one of the best risks that she had taken.

She was certain that he managed to survive the explosion, since she did too, but she had to see him in person to affirm it. She needed to see him once, even if she were to die escaping this place. She needed to hold him and feel his warmth. She needed him to be in her life again.

Closing her eyes to stop her tears, Jessica took a deep and long breath, before opening them again. This time, instead of showing her weak emotions, her eyes portrayed a look of strong determination. Jessica would make sure that she made it out alive. She had to. So that she can have him again.